1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 18:24
    No, the game can be in progress. I was going to limit it to finished games, but I want people to restore their games promptly so I can run a clean up process sooner rather that later to bring this issue to a conclusion.

-Russ
  2. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 18:29
    Don't know if this has been covered, but i have a game in progress with no game history whatsoever, even though i just moved a second ago.....Is this happening a lot ? Anyone ?
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 18:35
    We now report all games with missing history entries as having no history. This is a change to the earlier warning about the incomplete state of the history which was causing far too much confusion.

-Russ
  4. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 18:43
    Originally posted by Russ
    No, the game can be in progress. I was going to limit it to finished games, but I want people to restore their games promptly so I can run a clean up process sooner rather that later to bring this issue to a conclusion.

-Russ
    Russ,

I tried the following URL for a game in progress which I know to have missing moves...

http://www.redhotpawn.com/gameanalysis/gamefix.php?gameid=4529044

and it just took me to the RHP main page. I ended up at...

http://www.redhotpawn.com/index.php?

Note the trailing question mark, if that's significant.
  5. Joined
    04 Jul '07
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 18:44
    I tried the tool, but it just redirected me to the main page.

Also, I'm wondering what happens if there's a conflict between the two players' memories. Is the first edit that's made permanent, or can it be changed again? If so, will it just be that the last person to make a change "wins"?
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 20:20
    Try again now. (It only worked for admins before 😳)

-Russ
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 20:21
    Originally posted by incandenza
    I tried the tool, but it just redirected me to the main page.

Also, I'm wondering what happens if there's a conflict between the two players' memories. Is the first edit that's made permanent, or can it be changed again? If so, will it just be that the last person to make a change "wins"?
    First update wins. And then it cannot be changed.

-Russ
  8. Standard memberJohn of Reading
    Scotch addict
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 21:19
    Thank you, Russ, that was quick work. I've been able to fix three of the four games affected by the mishap.

Two problems:

(1) Game 3638384

My first try at using the "gamefix" URL for this game jumped me to the RHP home page instead, and my second and later tries say:

"Game 3638384 cannot be fixed
    This game has a complete history, but it is corrupt and now cannot be fixed."

The game history is not complete. The "game log" popup shows that the most recent move, 11 ... Nc6 x d4, is missing.

I don't think Tequila tried to fix it, because he last moved eight hours ago and is probably offline now.

(2) Game 3122675

The "Game History" page says the game has no history, yet the "game log" popup has all the data. This game finished last February.

Is it possible that valid game history is being misidentified as corrupt?
  9. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 21:20
    Originally posted by Russ
    Try again now. (It only worked for admins before 😳)

-Russ
    Russ,

I'm able to get in OK now but I have a few questions.

1. The tool is counting in half moves. So the second half of move 7 (i.e. 7....Bg7) is really move 14 as far as this tool is concerned. Correct?

2. The first move I need to correct is The Bishop on f8 moving to g7, so to follow the same format that I normally see in the Analyze board history, I need to enter that as "Bf8g7". Correct? Or can I just enter Bg7? If its the former, there does not appear to be enough room in the text field provided.

3. I need to enter every move in the game beginning from where the history was first corrupted until the current state. Correct?

4. There is only 1 Submit button. So I assume that a new one will appear for move 15 after I have submitted move move 14. Correct?
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 21:28
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Russ,

I'm able to get in OK now but I have a few questions.

1. The tool is counting in half moves. So the second half of move 7 (i.e. 7....Bg7) is really move 14 as far as this tool is concerned. Correct?

2. The first move I need to correct is The Bishop on f8 moving to g7, so to follow the same format that I normally see in the Analyze board ...[text shortened]... assume that a new one will appear for move 15 after I have submitted move move 14. Correct?
    1) Yes, it is counting in half moves.

2) You will need to fully qualify both the original position of the piece, and its destination. "f8g7". You will need the full 4 characters for every restored move.

3 & 4) Yes, just fill in the gaps, 1 move at a time. When all moves have been entered, you will be informed that the history is complete.
  11. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 22:28
    Thanks for that Russ. Thankfully, I only had to fix 3 half moves.

D
  12. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 23:37
    Thanks Russ. Worked like a charm.
  13. Illinois
    Moves
    05 Feb '08 04:18
    Thanks Russ. It worked as advertised.
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    05 Feb '08 11:02
    This thread is being closed off. I will start a new thread and repost my earlier comments.

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree