1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1795
    11 Sep '06 10:291 edit
    The recommended posts index makes a return after a prolonged absence. It is now updated once every night (GMT).

    Lets just hope the quality of the recommended posts improve, otherwise this may be a brief revival.

    -Russ
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Joined
    02 Aug '04
    Moves
    8702
    11 Sep '06 14:55
    There's a typo at the top of the page, it says Recommeneded.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    1795
    11 Sep '06 15:151 edit
    Thanks for pointing that out. 😳

    (now fixed - will be more careful in future...)

    -Russ
  4. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Joined
    22 Feb '06
    Moves
    13669
    11 Sep '06 17:43
    Originally posted by Russ
    The recommended posts index makes a return after a prolonged absence. It is now updated once every night (GMT).

    Lets just hope the quality of the recommended posts improve, otherwise this may be a brief revival.

    -Russ
    You have to wonder about the way certain clans rec everything that their clan mates do.

    The rec system is a joke.
  5. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    24617
    11 Sep '06 18:19
    Originally posted by Red Night
    The rec system is a joke.
    can i hear it?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35579
    11 Sep '06 18:39
    Originally posted by mazziewag
    can i hear it?
    You (along with the rest of us) already heard it.

    We didn't laugh because it's not funny.

    But it's still a joke, just a bad one.
  7. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    24617
    11 Sep '06 18:40
    some people seem to like it, its like sex to them . i think people call them rec whores...
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    11 Sep '06 18:561 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    Lets just hope the quality of the recommended posts improve, otherwise this may be a brief revival.
    I think that's a step in the wrong direction.

    I posted this in site ideas back in July '05...

    "I do agree that sometimes it is a waste of time looking at this section, as evidenced when posts by katty dominated a while back.

    What I propose is this: Expand the recommendations concept, to try to make it more worthwhile. I find I mostly rec posts when I have a little laugh out loud, or when I think a political point that I agree with is well made. As things stand, both of these posts would receive a generic rec. What I propose is that different subsections of recs be introduced, for example...
    LOL'ed for the funny ones, and
    A post of Bushian eloquency and brilliance for the political ones. Other categories could be
    Yey, he hath spoken for the ones which support religious idealogies well,
    The naysayer sayeth nay well for the posts which argue against the presence of god well,
    Eureka! for good ideas in the site ideas,
    OOOOO, that's gotta hurt for good goads in the clan section,
    The wise one has spoken for the brigade who rec all of Russ' posts."

    Thread 26003

    Expand the rec system, don't get rid of it.

    D

    [EDIT] I don't mind if the category names are changed. 🙂
  9. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Joined
    17 Mar '05
    Moves
    1345
    11 Sep '06 19:06
    Originally posted by Russ
    The recommended posts index makes a return after a prolonged absence.

    -Russ
    Apology accepted.
  10. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Joined
    06 Sep '04
    Moves
    25076
    11 Sep '06 20:40
    Originally posted by Red Night
    You have to wonder about the way certain clans rec everything that their clan mates do.

    The rec system is a joke.
    Says the person in the clan with a policy to rec other clan members posts.
  11. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    30185
    11 Sep '06 20:40
    Originally posted by Russ
    The recommended posts index makes a return after a prolonged absence. It is now updated once every night (GMT).

    Lets just hope the quality of the recommended posts improve, otherwise this may be a brief revival.

    -Russ
    The vast majority of those recommended posts are pointless bickering - what are you trying to achieve with this page? It's not at all informative nor educational. IMO it will only encourage more bickering. You could do all the coding Ragnorak suggests but a far simpler solution is to get rid of recs. I think the site will not lose anything by doing this, apart from spamming from people desperate for them.
  12. SubscriberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Joined
    18 Feb '04
    Moves
    61657
    11 Sep '06 21:47
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    Apology accepted.
    lol
  13. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Joined
    13 Apr '04
    Moves
    86344
    12 Sep '06 04:04
    Where did "_____'s public forum posts" go? There used to be a link in "my profile".
  14. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Joined
    22 Feb '06
    Moves
    13669
    12 Sep '06 15:29
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Says the person in the clan with a policy to rec other clan members posts.
    What did you say Xanthos?
  15. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Joined
    22 Feb '06
    Moves
    13669
    12 Sep '06 15:29
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    The vast majority of those recommended posts are pointless bickering - what are you trying to achieve with this page? It's not at all informative nor educational. IMO it will only encourage more bickering. You could do all the coding Ragnorak suggests but a far simpler solution is to get rid of recs. I think the site will not lose anything by doing this, apart from spamming from people desperate for them.
    RED NIGHT SEAL OF APPROVAL
Back to Top