1. SubscriberChris
    Site Admin
    Wimbledon
    Joined
    21 Feb '01
    Moves
    25628
    30 Jan '08 02:523 edits
    Firstly - our sincere apologies for the extended outage over the last several hours. A 48 hour move-timeout suspension is currently in place.

    We have experienced data corruption in the database used to store the move histories of RHP games. Although no other area of the site is affected, the net result is that all moves made in games since Monday January 28th at 20:15 GMT have not been correctly recorded. The latest game state of all games however is still correct.

    The issue is now fixed with regards to moves made from this point forward but those games affected by the data loss have not yet had their move histories corrected.

    We will be considering how best to address this issue with regards to correcting the data and Russ will be online shortly with a more detailed update.

    Again, our sincere apologies for this disruption in the service.

    -Chris
  2. Joined
    03 Mar '05
    Moves
    22288
    30 Jan '08 02:541 edit
    In the 3 years that i have been playing on RHP this is the first extended outage that you guys have had (that i've noticed). Many thanks for a great site and for all of your work!
  3. At Diamond Joe's
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13868
    30 Jan '08 02:581 edit
    Good work on getting it back up guys.
    Thanks for all ya do!
  4. 100$ de l'heure.
    Joined
    30 Dec '06
    Moves
    132113
    30 Jan '08 02:58
    A big big big thank you guys for the work you're doing everyday! It's very appreciated by everybody here! ๐Ÿ™‚
  5. Account suspended
    Joined
    01 Sep '07
    Moves
    21284
    30 Jan '08 02:59
    You guys do a great job! A db corruption can happen and you shouldn't stress over it too much.
  6. Standard memberepic0002
    Black Mark
    walking to and fro
    Joined
    02 Aug '05
    Moves
    39001
    30 Jan '08 03:04
    Originally posted by Chris
    [b]Firstly - our sincere apologies for the extended outage over the last several hours. A 48 hour move-timeout suspension is currently in place.

    We have experienced data corruption in the database used to store the move histories of RHP games. Although no other area of the site is affected,...
    Your Mods are corrupted still๐Ÿ˜ž
  7. Account suspended
    Joined
    01 Sep '07
    Moves
    21284
    30 Jan '08 03:12
    Originally posted by epic0002
    Your Mods are corrupted still๐Ÿ˜ž
    They said in the announcement that they didn't recover the lost data (at least yet). The site is up and now collecting. We're good to go.
  8. Standard memberIron Monkey
    Primal Primate
    holiest of holies
    Joined
    05 Nov '07
    Moves
    6631
    30 Jan '08 03:37
    thanks for all the hard work to get the site back up and running, guys.
  9. Standard memberIchibanov
    King of slow
    Joined
    12 Oct '06
    Moves
    14424
    30 Jan '08 03:39
    Not to sound ingrateful, but adding 24 hours (or some such value) onto the clock for each game would be a whole lot more useful than a 48-hour timeout suspension. I won't timeout by tomorrow, but I will be giving up precious timebank.

    If that's not technically feasible, I understand. Just thought I'd throw the idea out there. If nothing else, maybe something to be considered next time.
  10. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    9174
    30 Jan '08 04:12
    Originally posted by Ichibanov
    Not to sound ingrateful, but adding 24 hours (or some such value) onto the clock for each game would be a whole lot more useful than a 48-hour timeout suspension. I won't timeout by tomorrow, but I will be giving up precious timebank.

    If that's not technically feasible, I understand. Just thought I'd throw the idea out there. If nothing else, maybe something to be considered next time.
    I actually agree with this, although I have no games into timebank due to this outage.

    That being said, thanks for communicating the situation on the site while it was unavailable.

    Thanks also for the hard work. I didn't quite realize how much I enjoyed the site until it was taken away for a while ๐Ÿ™‚
  11. Standard memberjyetsko
    Mr. Gulfstream
    PA
    Joined
    22 Jul '07
    Moves
    10538
    30 Jan '08 04:15
    Good action on getting it fixed fellas!
  12. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    888107
    30 Jan '08 05:31
    Great work, great site. Good going with getting us back up and running.

    I agree with adding 24 hours to everyone's games because of the timebanks continuing to deplete. It's not a problem for me, but I think it will be for those on the edge of running out. Just a suggestion.
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    30 Jan '08 05:49
    Okay, we are going again. But what about the lost moves in history? When are the PGNs complete again?
  14. Somewhere in Nigeria
    Joined
    05 Jan '05
    Moves
    320831
    30 Jan '08 07:54
    Thanks Chris and Russ for all your hard work and for giving us this wonderful site
  15. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    30 Jan '08 08:11
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Okay, we are going again. But what about the lost moves in history? When are the PGNs complete again?
    Thread 86160

    D
Back to Top