1. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 15:26
    Originally posted by Startreader
    As a matter of policy these days I alert nothing, despite the taunts on other forums. No matter the provocation.
    Yea this is the course of wisdom. Skeethoff will probably be alerting everything trying to get the clan forum shut down. I hardly ever alert anything and MacTayto and Vespers cannot alert because they are banned.
  2. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 17:01
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Ahem.

Where you been?

We all "been there, done that". There is a new clan dedicated to pushing back against the cheaters. Except we will do it honestly, with fair play and integrity.

The Misfits
    Clan 25434

If you're serious, instead of just flapping your jaw, you could join us in our quest. Only if you don't mind playing fairly.

“Da ...[text shortened]... ight can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” -- Martin Luther King, Jr.
    you quote King but show little love
    just another hypocrite
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 05:40
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    Do you think it's better to just lay there ............and take it like a man?

Sometimes you've just got to stand up to the bullies and cheats and call them out for what they are.
    I don't play in clan here, although I have done clan-type play for other games/sites.

It's fun, but that is all it was always for me, hence the question.
    There is always a clan/group who find a way to game the system. I remember WoW gold farmers in China, for instance.

I don't really care about chess much. Like I've said before, it is merely a time killer for me, but for many people it's more serious than that.
    RHP was much more important as a community for me through the years and I made some really great friends on here.

So, from my experience, it's better to just disregard the people/clans that make your play less enjoyable, band together with similar-minded clans to boycott the gamers etc. and just get back to the reason you are playing in a clan in the first place (I hope): Having fun playing a game you love, in a team with like-minded friends.

If that is not the reason you are playing in clans, then please explain to me why this matters?
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 14:57
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Please don't take this the wrong way (although we both know you guys probably will) but who cares?

Seriously, I would like to know.

I'm looking at this from the sheer amount of alerts coming through from this forum and I'm left wondering - is it worth spending the time to constantly fight about this?
    Obviously it is not you who cares... Now if it were your children who were lying, cheating, and stealing, you would be quick with spanking them. As you've already said in another post you don't even like chess, so why even bother commenting?
    Kind Regards,
    -VR
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 15:06
    I don't play in clan here, although I have done clan-type play for other games/sites.

It's fun, but that is all it was always for me, hence the question.
    There is always a clan/group who find a way to game the system. I remember WoW gold farmers in China, for instance.

I don't really care about chess much. Like I've said before, it is merely a time ...[text shortened]...
    If that is not the reason you are playing in clans, then please explain to me why this matters?
    People choose to care about many different things.
    You like cricket and rugby as I recall, yet I could not care less about either.
    But, my not caring about them, does not make them any less important to you, does it?

Same thing here. You are seeking to impose your ideas on the those who do not share your same view.

Fair enough?
  6. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 06:06
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    People choose to care about many different things.
    You like cricket and rugby as I recall, yet I could not care less about either.
    But, my not caring about them, does not make them any less important to you, does it?

Same thing here. You are seeking to impose your ideas on the those who do not share your same view.

Fair enough?
    WHOOOSH!
    You misunderstand my point again. I'm wondering if this is your problem? You obviously understand English - maybe take time to read and comprehend sometimes?

I don't want to impose anything here. I explained that I understand the clan format and why it's fun. Personally I just don't care about it in a chess context.

I don't know the ins and outs here of the clans system, and don't care.

I'm trying to understand why the fighting?

What I'm asking basically boils down to:
    Do you like playing chess in the clans format? Is it still fun, robbie et al notwithstanding?
    Why does it matter who has the most points in an online database?
    And if they are getting these points in a way you and others here do not condone, why are you guys not banding together to make sure to take them down instead of wasting bandwidth on posts that will just be deleted?
    Have the admins said ANYTHING about this apparent cheating / gaming of the system?
  7. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 06:07
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Obviously it is not you who cares... Now if it were your children who were lying, cheating, and stealing, you would be quick with spanking them. As you've already said in another post you don't even like chess, so why even bother commenting?
    Kind Regards,
    -VR
    Let the adults talk here - don't you have Lego to chew on?
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 06:48
    WHOOOSH!
    You misunderstand my point again. I'm wondering if this is your problem? You obviously understand English - maybe take time to read and comprehend sometimes?

I don't want to impose anything here. I explained that I understand the clan format and why it's fun. Personally I just don't care about it in a chess context.

I don't know the ins and ...[text shortened]... be deleted?
    Have the admins said ANYTHING about this apparent cheating / gaming of the system?
    Yes, I do speak English very well, but my perception of the words you wrote the first post,
    do not match your intention with this post. But, my original comment does hold true.

I will explain my position to you, since you asked. I used to play OTB tournaments for many years through high school and a couple of years in college.
    I also played other sports competitively. The amount of enjoyment I derived from any of the events was directly correlated to the level of success I achieved.
    If I did well, I had a great time. If I got the hell beat out of me, I didn't enjoy myself at all.
    Competition requires some yardstick or a way to measure your level of success against others.
    When I joined RHP, initially, I was just looking for an outlet to play some chess games and try and get my game back. About 6 months after I joined, I was approached about playing clan chess.
    To me, if gave the edge to playing that was better than simply playing games.
    The "mythical title" was always viewed as the prize since I have been playing.
    Each year, that was the goal of the clan to win the title. That conquest is why we try to outperform all other teams, and they likewise, try to outperform us.

This has worked well for the years I have been here, until last year when McTayto and a few others started trying to "Blow up" the clan chess by using underhanded tactics and feeding other clans free points as a means of screwing those clans who played hard for the title each year.

This year, robbie and his merry men have colluded to assure that robbie's clan would wind up on top.
    They were unable and/or unwilling to put in the effort to try and win the right way, and decided to cheat their way to the top.
    This is why there are many of us who are totally pissed off that Russ hasn't stepped in to moderate the actions. We want the colluded points stripped and the guilty parties shut down from doing this in the future. Thus far, Russ has attempted one fix, which did not fix the problem, it merely slowed the speed down a bit, as we have pointed out.

Now, it is coming to the point that if he is not going to do something about fixing this, then we will do something. It will cost him many paid subscribers, but that is his choice.

As far as the moderators erasing posts, I don't agree with many of their stances.
    Personally, if you can show proof and enough validity to back it up, I think you should be allowed to state the facts. I have not made up anything I have posted. It is there in black and white, and a child should be able to follow and comprehend what we have shown. The clans we have mentioned, led by the people we have mentioned, are dirty and guilty of collusion and should be disarmed or even banned for their actions since they negatively affect many paying patrons.

Hopefully that clears things up for you.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 07:33
    Originally posted by Startreader
    They shove you in gaol if you alert anything.

Don't alert anything. Consider that exclamation mark on the right hand side obsolete.
    Absolute nonsense.

I alerted some posts recently that I considered to be in breach of the ToS; the moderator removed them all without any fuss.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 07:39
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Ahem.

Where you been?

We all "been there, done that". There is a new clan dedicated to pushing back against the cheaters. Except we will do it honestly, with fair play and integrity.

The Misfits
    Clan 25434

If you're serious, instead of just flapping your jaw, you could join us in our quest. Only if you don't mind playing fairly.

“Da ...[text shortened]... ight can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” -- Martin Luther King, Jr.
    I'll join.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 07:411 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Dude do what you like but you cannot fight destiny, it is our destiny to be crowned Chess Kings of the Internet
    It seems your personal honesty and integrity don't stand for much in here.
  12. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 07:42
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Yes, I do speak English very well, but my perception of the words you wrote the first post,
    do not match your intention with this post. But, my original comment does hold true.

I will explain my position to you, since you asked. I used to play OTB tournaments for many years through high school and a couple of years in college.
    I also played other ...[text shortened]... ns since they negatively affect many paying patrons.

Hopefully that clears things up for you.
    We don't hide posts that reference cheating on here, but the fights usually just become a mud slinging match.
    Then the thread is hidden, and the mods are then accused of "hiding the truth" etc.

I can't speak for Russ, but understand your frustration to a degree.
    All in ask is to keep the swearing and insults out of the posts until a solution can be found.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 16:102 edits
    Let the adults talk here - don't you have Lego to chew on?
    The sad thing here is that you don't even know what your talking about. (If you consider yourself an Adult, perhaps you might start acting like one). You act more like a bad teenager than an adult. I am very surprised you are still a Mod at this site. Perhaps the fact you don't know much about the facts of what is going on in the clan system right now, speaks for it self. Just let the people who understand what is going on handle the situation.
    Have a Great Day,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 16:15
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    The sad thing here is that you don't even know what your talking about. (If you consider yourself an Adult, perhaps you might start acting like one). You act more like a bad teenager than an adult. I am very surprised you are still a Mod at this site. Perhaps the fact you don't know much about the facts of what is going on the clan system right now, speak ...[text shortened]... people who understand what is going on handle the situation.
    Have a Great Day,
    Sincerely,
    -VR
    Rusty Rusty, after all we have been through you have learned nothing! piece of unsolicited advice Rusty , 'don't upset the moderators.' I want you to be around when we are crowned the Chess Kings of the Internet.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Feb '16 16:261 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Rusty Rusty, after all we have been through you have learned nothing! piece of unsolicited advice Rusty , 'don't upset the moderators.' I want you to be around when we are crowned the Chess Kings of the Internet.
    As far as I am concerned as many other Clans are,your team isn't even in the running for first place.
    As for the Moderators, like every one in life, there are good ones and bad ones.
    -VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree