1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 21:35
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Russ clearly a man of taste and discernment.😵
    ...and clearly you are a person with rotten taste and full of excrement.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 21:424 edits
    Originally posted by Silverstriker
    Im sad to say that i fear that clans have had their day. Ive been involved with clans since 2006 and i have to say that the last couple of years with some of the users involved has scared a lot of people off.

Don't get me wrong there has been a lot of goading over the years Metallica v In Vino Vertias and PFC v Silent Majority but ...[text shortened]... llenge you to look at how many clans have 20 players in. Back in 2010 there was at least 40....
    I am really sorry but i don't really see any difference with the current clan at the top and the Anti-Metallica, Arrow and Breaking Bad

How about this,

The Nac Mac Feegle Clan 2 3 days 14 days -4
    Libertarians 1 3 days 7 days 1
    Libertarians 1 3 days 7 days 2
    Celtic Druids 1 7 days 7 days 1
    Chessaroos 3 3 days 7 days 6
    The Literati 3 3 days 3 days 6
    Karma Sutra 1 3 days 7 days 1
    st johnstone 1 3 days 7 days 2
    Metallica 4 3 days 7 days 8
    MMXVI 1 3 days 7 days 1

Our last ten challenges and not a single Arrow, Breaking Bad or Anti metallica challenge among them.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 21:45
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    ...and clearly you are a person with rotten taste and full of excrement.
    On the contrary I would have removed your sobbing posts also.
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 22:44
    I am really sorry but i don't really see any difference with the current clan at the top and the Anti-Metallica, Arrow and Breaking Bad

How about this,

The Literati 3 3 days ...[text shortened]... last ten challenges and not a single Arrow, Breaking Bad or Anti metallica challenge among them.
    Nobody is believing the rubbish you put out here.
    Everybody knows your scheme was shut down weeks ago !!
    What you have done is amassed enough points to get you out in front early.
    Your collusion actually occurred in the fall of 2015 with the intent
    to start collecting the points in the new year.

The system enhancement to prevent your bogus challenges is part 1 of the solution.
    Part 2 is the data fix I mentioned in another post. That is being worked on.

You keep saying you just want to play chess. You have your chance !! Play chess !!
    Because you are not gaining 200 points per month on arranged challenges any more !!
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 23:15
    Im sad to say that i fear that clans have had their day. Ive been involved with clans since 2006 and i have to say that the last couple of years with some of the users involved has scared a lot of people off.

Don't get me wrong there has been a lot of goading over the years Metallica v In Vino Vertias and PFC v Silent Majority but ...[text shortened]... llenge you to look at how many clans have 20 players in. Back in 2010 there was at least 40....
    I agree with you that the clans have probably had their day, which is very unfortunate. I wonder how many more Paying subscribers will be lost if this day does come? Personally I am here for the clan play and competition with the other clans working hard to try and finish first.

I've been with this site since 2006 but only with my clan since 2008, couldn't have enjoyed it more. It took me a couple of years to be convinced to join, but once I did, I wished I had joined earlier as it would have kept me more out some other battles not clan related. You know the history on that, my battle with the Mods.

I actually did agree with the clan forum being shut down. The Mods must have had their hands full deleting posts for sure. Not an easy decision to be made, I understand that. Only it didn't cure the problem, just swept it under the rug.

I hope someone can come up with a solution that will be fair to all. I certainly don't have the answers. I been away from the clan forums for sometime now, didn't realize how bad things were until I came back and saw what had happened with clan forum being binned.

-VR
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 23:21

I completely agree with you.

Isn't the solution simple though? Close down those clans that are offending. If they're bringing the clan system into disrepute, bring them into disrepute. Just shut them down. Close down any leader who has either been cheating or has been colluding and cooperating with anyone cheating.

If it's the Stygian stables, just clean them out!

What am I missing? Is there any reason why it's not that simple?
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 23:32

How about this,

The Literati 3 3 days ...[text shortened]... last ten challenges and not a single Arrow, Breaking Bad or Anti metallica challenge among them.
    Why do you suppose that is??

Oh yes, you are only allowed to have three concurrent challenges with any clan at any time.
    Were that rule not in place, you would not be here trying to come off as virtuous.
    You don't have to worry. Everyone is very well aware you are scum.
    We also know what you are doing.
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 23:32
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I agree with you that the clans have probably had their day, which is very unfortunate. I wonder how many more Paying subscribers will be lost if this day does come? Personally I am here for the clan play and competition with the other clans working hard to try and finish first.

I've been with this site since 2006 but only with my clan since 2008, cou ...[text shortened]... bad things were until I came back and saw what had happened with clan forum being binned.

-VR
    I honestly think the only solution is going to prove to be a drastic one.

I've been here since 2007, and I've loved everything about it and especially the clan system. Those people who have been explicitly slagging it off and trying to beat and break the clans system have only one reasonable outcome due to them; eviction. Disqualification.

Where a player openly states on his profile or the clans profile that he dislikes the system and aims to bring it down...kick him out! Strict discipline is going to be the only way.

Closing down the clans forum wasn't the answer. Discord there was a symptom, not a cause. The clans forum was not the problem, so how could closing it down help anything? It's illogical. Deal with the problem, come down like a ton of bricks onto the cheats and the helpers of cheats and start afresh with people who play like good sportsmen and who won't get eaten up with resentment and jealousy when another clan wins two or three years in a row.

That's how I see it anyway. And don't punish the people who are trying to keep things clean and are actually doing their best to help beat the cheats.
  9. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    15 Feb '16 23:41
    Originally posted by Startreader

I've been here since 2007, and I've loved everything about it and especially the clan system. Those people who have been explicitly slagging it off and trying to beat and break the clans system have only one reasonable outcome due to them; eviction. Disqualification.

Where ...[text shortened]... e who are trying to keep things clean and are actually doing their best to help beat the cheats.
    I think the site admin has a clear choice.
    A site ban for a few troublemakers OR subscription cancellations by many subscribers.
    If this choice is made from a business perspective, then it will be simple one.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Feb '16 00:062 edits
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    I think the site admin has a clear choice.
    A site ban for a few troublemakers OR subscription cancellations by many subscribers.
    If this choice is made from a business perspective, then it will be simple one.
    Exactly.

I'd rather say, to preserve the essence of the clan system, get rid of those who have been openly disrespecting it and thus also disrespecting the site admin. Get rid of the discord at the same time.

Let those who really want to play chess in the clan system do so, and those who "just want to play chess" do so on their own as individuals here or elsewhere.

That seems obvious to me. Simple.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Feb '16 00:181 edit

Where ...[text shortened]... e who are trying to keep things clean and are actually doing their best to help beat the cheats.
    I do agree with you 99%. At the time the Clan forum was closed down there was name calling, it had become a mud slinging contest. The mods must have had their hands full deleting posts.This is the reason I do agree the right decision was made in shutting down the forum at that time. Although it was swept under the rug, not fixing the problem.

Your solution seems harsh but logical, but we then run into another problem. How is it proven who was involved, unless the admins have those conversations, how would one know who said what to whom?

It is quite a different story when a player openly states on his profile he dislikes the system and aims to bring it down, what more evidence is needed in that case? Then there is the monetary issue to think about which will be lost as it is unknown how many are involved. Remember all clan members are Paying Subscribers. How many Paying Subscribers do you lose if you dismantle the Clan system, and does it even matter to the site?

Sometimes the solution looks easier than it actually is. I do like the idea though to come down hard on those involved!!! This is how I look at the issue at hand.

-VR
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Feb '16 00:26
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I do agree with you 99%. At the time the Clan forum was closed down there was name calling, it had become a mud slinging contest. The mods must have had their hands full deleting posts.This is the reason I do agree the right decision was made in shutting down the forum at that time. Although it was swept under the rug, not fixing the problem.

Your sol ...[text shortened]... ea though to come down hard on those involved!!! This is how I look at the issue at hand.

-VR
    Some of the cheats are known by everybody. Some are evident by their behaviour.

Just dealing with those would probably be enough. With a drastic solution firmly administered, even if one or two slip the net, the problem is likely to have been rooted out. If any erstwhile cheats do remain, the problem will probably have died of shock. If not, administer the boot.

It will work. I can't see how it couldn't. Remember, only a small minority are spoiling it for the majority.
  13. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    16 Feb '16 02:00
    Some of the cheats are known by everybody. Some are evident by their behaviour.

Just dealing with those would probably be enough. With a drastic solution firmly administered, even if one or two slip the net, the problem is likely to have been rooted out. If any erstwhile cheats do remain, the problem will probably have died of shock. If not, administ ...[text shortened]... . I can't see how it couldn't. Remember, only a small minority are spoiling it for the majority.
    There are 3 very obvious ones. Lets start with them being booted.

A big farewell to Robbie Carrobie, McTatyto, and VESPIN.
  14. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    16 Feb '16 03:58
    fix it
    you don't need to ban players for taking advantage of a flawed system
    had the clan forum been moderated, and the name calling and personal attacks not allowed, then these evolving problems might not have come about
  15. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    16 Feb '16 04:15
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    fix it
    you don't need to ban players for taking advantage of a flawed system
    had the clan forum been moderated, and the name calling and personal attacks not allowed, then these evolving problems might not have come about
    Trying to pass yourself off as the voice of reason again ??
    That's rich !! 🙄🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree