Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Clans Forum

Clans Forum

  1. Subscriber radioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    10 Feb '16 03:35
    Hey......thinking of starting a new clan dedicated to nullifying the questionable tactics employed by Carrobie and his cohorts of swindling the clan crown.

    If you're disgusted at the unsporting atrocities this clan is allowed to get away with and don't mind tanking your rating then join up and fight for fair play.........by playing unfairly !!!

    Oh Robbie.............have a nice day !!!!
  2. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    10 Feb '16 03:43
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    Hey......thinking of starting a new clan dedicated to nullifying the questionable tactics employed by Carrobie and his cohorts of swindling the clan crown.

    If you're disgusted at the unsporting atrocities this clan is allowed to get away with and don't mind tanking your rating then join up and fight for fair play.........by playing unfairly !!!

    Oh Robbie.............have a nice day !!!!
    Ahem.

    Where you been?

    We all "been there, done that". There is a new clan dedicated to pushing back against the cheaters. Except we will do it honestly, with fair play and integrity.

    The Misfits
    Clan 25434

    If you're serious, instead of just flapping your jaw, you could join us in our quest. Only if you don't mind playing fairly.

    “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” -- Martin Luther King, Jr.
  3. Subscriber radioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    10 Feb '16 03:55
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Ahem.

    Where you been?

    We all "been there, done that". There is a new clan dedicated to pushing back against the cheaters. Except we will do it honestly, with fair play and integrity.

    The Misfits
    Clan 25434

    If you're serious, instead of just flapping your jaw, you could join us in our quest. Only if you don't mind playing fairly.

    “Da ...[text shortened]... ight can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” -- Martin Luther King, Jr.
    I've been banned for the last few months. Missed all the action.

    Nuh......was just flapping my jaw........but hey....how can you beat cheats by playing fairly?

    Every person on this site knows how the clan system has been highjacked by a bunch of cheating swine.......well every person bar one. Honestly.......why haven't the clans that are obviously jacking off the system ( 3 clans in particular that come to mind), been suspended like other clans have been in the near past?
  4. 10 Feb '16 09:00
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    Hey......thinking of starting a new clan dedicated to nullifying the questionable tactics employed by Carrobie and his cohorts of swindling the clan crown.

    If you're disgusted at the unsporting atrocities this clan is allowed to get away with and don't mind tanking your rating then join up and fight for fair play.........by playing unfairly !!!

    Oh Robbie.............have a nice day !!!!
    Dude do what you like but you cannot fight destiny, it is our destiny to be crowned Chess Kings of the Internet
  5. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    10 Feb '16 09:58 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    I've been banned for the last few months. Missed all the action.

    Nuh......was just flapping my jaw........but hey....how can you beat cheats by playing fairly?

    Every person on this site knows how the clan system has been highjacked by a bunch of cheating swine.......well every person bar one. Honestly.......why haven't the clans that are obviousl ...[text shortened]... ns in particular that come to mind), been suspended like other clans have been in the near past?
    That has stumped us all. We know it has got to be as clear to Russ what's going on, just as it's clear to us. Russ did try to reduce the massive giveaways that have been happening by adopting a new rule that all challenge matches must be within 200 points, but a lot of us don't think that goes far enough. I don't get why engine users can be banned, but clan leaders who are obviously trying to game the system aren't banned.

    But we're barely into month 2. There are 10 more months in this year before the final points tally is taken, and hopefully by that time, either other clans will have passed them up, or they'll finally get banned, or at the very least, their 'feeder' clans can be suspended like the others. We'll have to see what happens. All we know is this can't go on forever, something's gotta give.

    But in the meantime, we can't let them drag us down to their level. Honor and integrity and fair play have to mean something, or we might as well all of us pack it in.
  6. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    10 Feb '16 10:02
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Dude do what you like but you cannot fight destiny, it is our destiny to be crowned Chess Kings of the Internet
    Piss off, squirrel.
  7. Standard member Crowley
    Not Aleister
    10 Feb '16 10:41 / 1 edit
    Please don't take this the wrong way (although we both know you guys probably will) but who cares?

    Seriously, I would like to know.

    I'm looking at this from the sheer amount of alerts coming through from this forum and I'm left wondering - is it worth spending the time to constantly fight about this?
  8. Subscriber radioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    10 Feb '16 11:55
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Please don't take this the wrong way (although we both know you guys probably will) but who cares?

    Seriously, I would like to know.

    I'm looking at this from the sheer amount of alerts coming through from this forum and I'm left wondering - is it worth spending the time to constantly fight about this?
    Do you think it's better to just lay there ............and take it like a man?

    Sometimes you've just got to stand up to the bullies and cheats and call them out for what they are.
  9. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    10 Feb '16 12:02
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Please don't take this the wrong way (although we both know you guys probably will) but who cares?

    Seriously, I would like to know.

    I'm looking at this from the sheer amount of alerts coming through from this forum and I'm left wondering - is it worth spending the time to constantly fight about this?
    Alerts? Enlighten me.
  10. 10 Feb '16 12:07
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Alerts? Enlighten me.
    They shove you in gaol if you alert anything.

    Don't alert anything. Consider that exclamation mark on the right hand side obsolete.
  11. 10 Feb '16 12:14
    Originally posted by Startreader
    They shove you in gaol if you alert anything.

    Don't alert anything. Consider that exclamation mark on the right hand side obsolete.
    i thought it was only if you alert too much, i have never used the alert function as i always thought they were probably ignored
  12. 10 Feb '16 12:23 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Wycombe Al
    i thought it was only if you alert too much, i have never used the alert function as i always thought they were probably ignored
    As a matter of policy these days I alert nothing, despite the taunts on other forums. No matter the provocation.
  13. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    10 Feb '16 12:24 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Startreader
    They shove you in gaol if you alert anything.

    Don't alert anything. Consider that exclamation mark on the right hand side obsolete.
    No, I understand what alerts are. I don't alert anything usually unless it's really, really egregious.

    I said "enlighten me", because he was speaking as if he was a mod, or something. How else could he see "the sheer amount of alerts coming through from this forum"? Odd phrasing to be sure.



    All I have to say is that it must be the same mental midgets doing all the alerting just like it was just before the forum was bounced last time. They did it that time just so that the forum would be pulled down. Maybe they're trying it again, I don't know.
  14. 10 Feb '16 15:13
    I just find this to be a form of entertainment.
    For those familiar with the old Bugs Bunny cartoons (on tis side of the ocean), this is just like to old feud between the coyote and the sheep dog.

    Clobber each other all day and then say their goodbyes, and "say hi to the missus", etc ...

    And do it all over again the next day.

    And yes, of course, bring forward clan issues, suggestions for improving the system, recruit new members, and more ...

    And of course, bring forward any underhanded tactics by any particular clans or individuals.
    And goading is permitted.

    If we all keep it respectful, this forum will stay up for a long time.

    Cheers .....

    And good luck to all contending clans. There are quite a few contending for supremacy this year.

    Just disregard the imposter at the top of the list
  15. 10 Feb '16 15:24 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Piss off, squirrel.
    Ahhh the quiet and mild spirit which adorns all Christian ladies.