14 Sep '22 19:222 edits
    @gertrude said
    I'm sure you really care
    but I could be wrong
    he called you stupid a dozen or more times in this thread
    but I'm glad you're ok with him
    bless your little pea pickin heart
    Why do YOU even get involved gerty?

He admitted to having issues which took much courage on his part.

Why do YOU play both sides all the time, then sit back and watch for your amusement.

I think that makes you a very small person.

-VR
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 Sep '22 19:23
    @mike69 said
    I was just being honest, hoping you would. Many people had things much worse, I don’t want pity of any kind, I’m fine!
    I understand Mike, lets put that as water under the bridge.

-VR
  3. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    14 Sep '22 19:24
    @very-rusty said
    You got to watch Gertrude, more like a 1500-1600 player at least.

-VR
    He’s higher than that rusty. In our first games he made moves and had understanding of them and mine that show up in higher rated players. A different level of understanding than 1500 to 1600.
  4. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    14 Sep '22 19:27
    @very-rusty said
    I understand Mike, lets put that as water under the bridge.

-VR
    That sounds great to me Ty. Ok I like you again๐Ÿ˜€.
  5. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    14 Sep '22 20:04
    @very-rusty said
    Then Mike you are probably higher than 1500-1600!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

-VR
    I already know I’m higher than that, I just can’t stay focused and people distract me easy to be able to prove it??
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 Sep '22 20:161 edit
    @mike69 said
    I already know I’m higher than that, I just can’t stay focused and people distract me easy to be able to prove it??
    The best thing then would not be to talk during a game, or have any distractions. So you believe Gertrude is even higher than 1500-1600. If so I had his rating underestimated.

-VR
  7. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    14 Sep '22 20:37
    @very-rusty said
    The best thing then would not be to talk during a game, or have any distractions. So you believe Gertrude is even higher than 1500-1600. If so I had his rating underestimated.

-VR
    I’m just going off playing a wide range of people and what I’ve noticed. He may have just got really lucky on some of his moves. ๐Ÿ˜

If you had the issue I’m having you would realize it goes much deeper with adhd than not talking. I haven’t made a house payment in 3 months even though I have plenty of money, along with other bills, losing everything non stop, times, dates, what I’m talking about to someone disappears totally from one word to the next and on and on. I could take meds and I might try them but haven’t and don’t really want to. Hope this helps to understand.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 Sep '22 20:57
    @mike69 said
    I’m just going off playing a wide range of people and what I’ve noticed. He may have just got really lucky on some of his moves. ๐Ÿ˜

If you had the issue I’m having you would realize it goes much deeper with adhd than not talking. I haven’t made a house payment in 3 months even though I have plenty of money, along with other bills, losing everything non stop, times, dates, ...[text shortened]... take meds and I might try them but haven’t and don’t really want to. Hope this helps to understand.
    Well the good thing is that you have the money, the bad thing is every time you don't make a payment interest is added, they love their interest.

When you played me where did you place me in Rating? Kind of hard to tell after two games I would think?

-VR
  9. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    14 Sep '22 21:06
    @very-rusty said
    Well the good thing is that you have the money, the bad thing is every time you don't make a payment interest is added, they love their interest.

When you played me where did you place me in Rating? Kind of hard to tell after two games I would think?

-VR
    Honestly I just remember we played and I offered draws to try and not offend you. I did the same for dive but he just called me prick thinking I was insulting him. In reality at the time I found him interesting and just wanted to get to know him better and talk. The reason I don’t want to play is that my brain is so scattered I don’t know if I would win or not. My games are like a box of chocolate you never know what your going to get. That’s what momma used to say ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜. If you can accept that I will play you again if you like with that understanding.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 Sep '22 21:11
    @mike69 said
    Honestly I just remember we played and I offered draws to try and not offend you. I did the same for dive but he just called me prick thinking I was insulting him. In reality at the time I found him interesting and just wanted to get to know him better and talk. The reason I don’t want to play is that my brain is so scattered I don’t know if I would win or not. My games ar ...[text shortened]... used to say ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜. If you can accept that I will play you again if you like with that understanding.
    If you feel you can beat me, I will not be offended. Look at my profile and you will see my losses. I have literally played thousands of games on here and also play on two other sites, one where I pay and am on a Team another where I don't pay, just play with friends I knew from my old chess club.

So you couldn't tell me where you figure I am rated after only two games. I expected that actually.

-VR
  11. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    14 Sep '22 21:22
    @mike69 said
    Honestly I just remember we played and I offered draws to try and not offend you. I did the same for dive but he just called me prick thinking I was insulting him. In reality at the time I found him interesting and just wanted to get to know him better and talk. The reason I don’t want to play is that my brain is so scattered I don’t know if I would win or not. My games ar ...[text shortened]... used to say ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜. If you can accept that I will play you again if you like with that understanding.
    Unrated would be good. On the house it’s an investment I bought to flip right before my divorce and never thought I would be living in it. I’m waiting on one last load of lumber and misc supplies and it will be up for sale. It should have been done four years ago but I kinda crashed and burned afterward and went from working three jobs one online, to where I’m at now. I’m hoping my chess gets better in a month after that stress is gone. Hopefully๐Ÿ˜†, I have two more places lined up to start developing.
  12. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    14 Sep '22 21:33
    @very-rusty said
    If you feel you can beat me, I will not be offended. Look at my profile and you will see my losses. I have literally played thousands of games on here and also play on two other sites, one where I pay and am on a Team another where I don't pay, just play with friends I knew from my old chess club.

So you couldn't tell me where you figure I am rated after only two games. I expected that actually.

-VR
    I don’t remember looking at your stats just the last four or five moves on one of the games where I trapped your king above mine and I had to make an extra pawn move to get where I needed to be to safely offer the draw without leaving an opening for you. I’m being honest I lose in the 1200’s I don’t know if I can play a good game or not. I rushed you last time and didn’t really get to see how good you are.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Sep '22 15:48
    @mike69 said
    I don’t remember looking at your stats just the last four or five moves on one of the games where I trapped your king above mine and I had to make an extra pawn move to get where I needed to be to safely offer the draw without leaving an opening for you. I’m being honest I lose in the 1200’s I don’t know if I can play a good game or not. I rushed you last time and didn’t really get to see how good you are.
    There were time limits, so don't feel you rushed me, I've been told by higher rated players that I move to fast. They are correct of course, but I still win more than I lose, which my stats show.

I do believe you had me trapped very nicely in one game! I knew then you were a much stronger player than your rating showed. You made moves which didn't even look good to me then all of a sudden I see the reason for them, and it all made sense. I thought to myself I am playing a much higher rated player, I remember thinking that. Don't concern yourself about the red thumbs. I have a few fans on here who love giving red thumbs to me, and who ever happens to be talking to me. ๐Ÿ™‚

-VR
  14. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    22 Sep '22 20:09

Removed by poster

15. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    22 Sep '22 20:16
    wrong forum
    sorry

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree