1. Joined
    12 Nov '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '16 20:241 edit
    I see a lot of posts about cheating, but I'm having a hard time finding the rules that govern clan challenges. The only one I am aware of is the new 200 rating point parameters. Where is it written that a clan cannot gift points to another clan? Is a team of 1600s vs. a team of 1400s by the rules? Or would you consider sending such challenges to be cheating? If I were to lower my rating down to 1400 and play a few hundred clan games vs. 1400 rated opposition, would that be cheating? Is it written somewhere that I cannot do that?

A link to the rules would be great.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '16 20:321 edit
    Originally posted by KnightStalker47
    I see a lot of posts about cheating, but I'm having a hard time finding the rules that govern clan challenges. The only one I am aware of is the new 200 rating point parameters. Where is it written that a clan cannot gift points to another clan? Is a team of 1600s vs. a team of 1400s by the rules? Or would you consider sending such challenges to be c ...[text shortened]... cheating? Is it written somewhere that I cannot do that?

Some excellent questions! Perhaps those who accuse others of cheating can produce them.
  3. Joined
    12 Nov '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '16 22:161 edit
    If it turns out there is no "rule book", then the conflict between Metallica and Easy riders is less a matter about cheating and instead is a question of morals. So basically Metallica wants Easy Riders to play their way and Easy Riders do no want to cripple themselves by playing by some unwritten honor code.

The way the clan system works is absurd to me or rather it does not provide an environment well suited for competition (Or is that not the goal?). The flaw in the way most clans play is that if every challenge is 100% fair, then how can any clan be better than another? Shouldn't every clan have close to net zero points if they all played in perfectly even matches? This is not the case, so clearly "something" must be going in many of the top clans favor.

Perhaps the only solution to this problem is to completely rework the way the clan system awards points. Something competitively viable, that does not rely on an honor system.

As a third party I'm just trying to resolve this problem so that the recommended section of the forums can go back to things more interesting, rather than every post being about this conflict.
  4. Subscribermy2sons
    Retired
    Missouri
    Moves
    08 Mar '16 23:21
    If it turns out there is no "rule book", then the conflict between Metallica and Easy riders is less a matter about cheating and instead is a question of morals. So basically Metallica wants Easy Riders to play their way and Easy Riders do no want to cripple themselves by playing by some unwritten honor code.

The way the clan system works is absu ...[text shortened]... forums can go back to things more interesting, rather than every post being about this conflict.
    Two, three or four clans colluding with Easy Riders to gift them over 300 points is cheating plain and simple, rule or no rule. Nowhere can I find a rule that says using a chess engine is illegal but we know it is cheating. Cheating however is grounds for banishment from the site. Whether or not Russ decides the obvious collusion between Easy Riders and the anti Metallica, Breaking Bad and the Arrow Clan was cheating and needs to be corrected is his decision, but if nothing is done, you will see a mass exodus from this site.
  5. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    08 Mar '16 23:31
    get rid of the clan ladder
    problem solved
  6. Joined
    12 Nov '06
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 00:24
    Originally posted by my2sons
    Two, three or four clans colluding with Easy Riders to gift them over 300 points is cheating plain and simple, rule or no rule. Nowhere can I find a rule that says using a chess engine is illegal but we know it is cheating. Cheating however is grounds for banishment from the site. Whether or not Russ decides the obvious collusion between Easy Riders and t ...[text shortened]... e corrected is his decision, but if nothing is done, you will see a mass exodus from this site.
    Actually the Terms of Service explicitly states that the use of chess engines is prohibited under 3.b.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/myhome/termsofservice.php.
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 02:03
    Actually the Terms of Service explicitly states that the use of chess engines is prohibited under 3.b.

Too bad they don't enforce that rule either
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 02:05
    I see a lot of posts about cheating, but I'm having a hard time finding the rules that govern clan challenges. The only one I am aware of is the new 200 rating point parameters. Where is it written that a clan cannot gift points to another clan? Is a team of 1600s vs. a team of 1400s by the rules? Or would you consider sending such challenges to be c ...[text shortened]... cheating? Is it written somewhere that I cannot do that?

Are you so naïve that you believe the only way to cheat is to break a written rule?

If this is your idea of humor, it is not funny either.

When teams collude, as we are witnessing them, they are cheating. Period.
    Whether you say it, believe it, or have a different opinion about it.
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 02:231 edit

The way the clan system works is absu ...[text shortened]... forums can go back to things more interesting, rather than every post being about this conflict.
    If it bothers you so bad, stop looking in the recommended posts sections.
    I don't look in the other forums because there is nothing that is of interest.
    The only reason this forum stays this way is that Robbie is a mouth who enjoys
    instigating and agitating everyone. He coupled up with a couple of other known cheats,
    one who owned multiple subscriptions and was manipulating them simultaneously
    (that is a written rules violation by the way), but he was not banned. The other is a
    noted manipulator of his rating who would drive his rating down in order to feast on a
    bunch of easy prey, then join a tournament, resign all of his games to get that rating
    down and do it all over again. Now these forces have gone out and set up a total of 5
    clans involved (two started by Robbie and two started by Mctayto) and they colluded to
    dump wins onto the easy riders because they weren't good enough to win enough on
    their own.

This is what the rub is about. Since you don't play in the clan chess, I am not really sure
    what your concern is. If your concern is merely the recommended posts, sorry about that.
    If Russ doesn't get off of his duff and fix this problem soon, he won't have to worry about
    the problem at all. He will only have to concern himself with lost revenue.
  10. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 04:191 edit

You could have put this post out 3 years ago and gotten a completely different response from a certain individual.
    In particular, the first responder to your post.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 07:17

Indeed.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 08:10
    Originally posted by my2sons
    Two, three or four clans colluding with Easy Riders to gift them over 300 points is cheating plain and simple, rule or no rule. Nowhere can I find a rule that says using a chess engine is illegal but we know it is cheating. Cheating however is grounds for banishment from the site. Whether or not Russ decides the obvious collusion between Easy Riders and t ...[text shortened]... e corrected is his decision, but if nothing is done, you will see a mass exodus from this site.
    Bwahahaha have you also a dossier on weapons of mass destruction you crazy ol tin foil hat conspiracy theorist. Its not for nuthin that you are known as mytwoforkedtounges.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 08:11
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    You could have put this post out 3 years ago and gotten a completely different response from a certain individual.
    In particular, the first responder to your post.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 09:05
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    get rid of the clan ladder
    problem solved
    Doing this is as bad as doing nothing.

Many people come here solely for the clan competition features of this site. All of you bottom-feeders are endangering the only reason many players play here.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 09:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Because it would do nothing but prop up your lame idea that you are not cheating.

Robbie, you know you and the others are cheating. If you continue, you are endangering this site's existence. You are stomping your feet like a petulant child who just had his binky taken away. So you engineer the end of this site all because you can't beat Metallica any other way. Pathetic.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree