1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 09:12
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    If it bothers you so bad, stop looking in the recommended posts sections.
    I don't look in the other forums because there is nothing that is of interest.
    The only reason this forum stays this way is that Robbie is a mouth who enjoys
    instigating and agitating everyone. He coupled up with a couple of other known cheats,
    one who owned multiple subscript ...[text shortened]... have to worry about
    the problem at all. He will only have to concern himself with lost revenue.
    Yes, this is the problem stated concisely and exactly. Well said.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 09:141 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    A link to the rules would be great.
    You leaving the site to leave the rest of us to play fairly and honestly would be great, too, but we're not going to get that, either.

By the way, how much did you pay this guy to come play the innocent? And did you write his script?
  3. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 09:19
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Doing this is as bad as doing nothing.

Many people come here solely for the clan competition features of this site. All of you bottom-feeders are endangering the only reason many players play here.
    you can have clan competition without a ladder
    I am not a bottom feeder as I enjoy the high hanging fruit the most
    getting back to your point
    most clan players like the idea of joining with others to represent their clan and play against other clans
    there is no need to crown a clan with 19 or 20 players king for the year as most clans will never be competitive because of their smaller size
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 09:22
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You leaving the site to leave the rest of us to play fairly and honestly would be great, too, but we're not going to get that, either.

By the way, how much did you pay this guy to come play the innocent? And did you write his script?
    I see your tin foil hat is out scanning the stratosphere
  5. Joined
    12 Nov '06
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 14:441 edit
    Are you so naïve that you believe the only way to cheat is to break a written rule?

If this is your idea of humor, it is not funny either.

When teams collude, as we are witnessing them, they are cheating. Period.
    Whether you say it, believe it, or have a different opinion about it.
    If it does not break a written rule then it is not objectively or factually cheating. You believe it to be cheating because you follow some unwritten rules that are based on morals, ethics or customs. This makes the matter of cheating entirely subjective. You call them cheaters as though it were a fact, when it is not. It is not based on factual evidence, because it does not break any rules.

Not only do you believe that this is matter of cheating cut and dry, but you also try to force your ideals onto another clan. Pressuring another clan to play your way is unjust, you believe your way is better. You claim the moral high ground, when in fact neither way of playing is objectively better than the other.

I'm not here to attack anyone, I just want to point out flaws in your way of thinking, that are causing this conflict. I realize that posters such as Robbie and Lemon escalate the conflict in their own way. I'm not here to take sides.

All of the clans which believe in these unwritten rules should be on the site ideas forums, coming up with new ways for the clan system to work. Currently I see no recent posts about the subject. If you can all agree on a new system and get 30+ thumbs up on the idea, russ is much more likely to step in and fix the problem.

It would be completely unjust if russ stepped in to ban or even take points away from the Easy riders and friends. Whether or not they did anything wrong is an opinion.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 16:43
    Originally posted by KnightStalker47
    If it does not break a written rule then it is not objectively or factually cheating. You believe it to be cheating because you follow some unwritten rules that are based on morals, ethics or customs. This makes the matter of cheating entirely subjective. You call them cheaters as though it were a fact, when it is not. It is not based on factual evid ...[text shortened]... nts away from the Easy riders and friends. Whether or not they did anything wrong is an opinion.
    Thank you. One must applaud such a clear and rational stance.
  7. Subscribermy2sons
    Retired
    Missouri
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 18:15
    If it does not break a written rule then it is not objectively or factually cheating. You believe it to be cheating because you follow some unwritten rules that are based on morals, ethics or customs. This makes the matter of cheating entirely subjective. You call them cheaters as though it were a fact, when it is not. It is not based on factual evid ...[text shortened]... nts away from the Easy riders and friends. Whether or not they did anything wrong is an opinion.
    Are you nuts or just a paid shill for Easy Riders?

If you don't think colluding with other clans to throw challenges and get free points is cheating, you need help from a professional.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 19:44
    My thinking is not flawed in any way, and you are mistaken that Russ cannot do anything
    about this because he has, in fact, done it before. Once the punishment is issued for one
    it is then common to all. Russ and I have been round and round about this. I felt it was
    unjust when he removed 200 point from games that were decided, but he did so. Now,
    in a similar scenario, his refusal to act is one of selective enforcement. Russ does have
    an obligation to uphold the TOS and to provide what he has advertised on a consistent
    basis, so that every member is protected. In the other instances, there was also no
    "written rule" but rather a "moral judgment" issued based on his interpretation of the "spirit"
    of the rule. This is precisely what we have here. His selective enforcement is allowing
    unjust enrichment to a band of cheats who are clearly circumventing the rules so that
    now, it is impossible for anyone to compete unless they are willing to cheat in the same
    fashion. Most of us do not want to participate in low life schemes like this and we have
    called for the wrong to be righted, and precedent has been established for Russ to do so.
    The conundrum Russ faces is, if he repairs the damage, he may lose a couple of members.
    If he does not repair it, he will lose many paid subscribers.

If we seem vigilant to you, you need to understand our resolve in this matter.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 20:03
    My thinking is not flawed in any way, and you are mistaken that Russ cannot do anything
    about this because he has, in fact, done it before. Once the punishment is issued for one
    it is then common to all. Russ and I have been round and round about this. I felt it was
    unjust when he removed 200 point from games that were decided, but he did so. Now,
    i ...[text shortened]... d subscribers.

If we seem vigilant to you, you need to understand our resolve in this matter.
    adios amigo and take yo band of saggy ol baggsters wid yah!😵
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 20:58
    Easy for you to say when you do not lose a cent of revenue from it!
    Regards,
    VR
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 21:05
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Easy for you to say when you do not lose a cent of revenue from it!
    Regards,
    VR
    Russ doesn't do ultimatums, have you learned nothing?
  12. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 21:13
    This is an intelligent conversation.
    Please go sit in the corner.

And take that "amigo" lingo with you !!
    SHEESH !! No wonder Trump wants to build a wall !! 🙄
  13. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 21:39
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    This is an intelligent conversation.
    Please go sit in the corner.

And take that "amigo" lingo with you !!
    SHEESH !! No wonder Trump wants to build a wall !! 🙄
    Knightstalker47 you will have realised by now that if you do not fall in behind the Metallica stance/viewpoint that you are deemed to be ignorant or trying to destroy the site.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 21:54
    Russ doesn't do ultimatums, have you learned nothing?
    Incorrect when you are a businessman you are always doing altimatums. Which will benefit me the most. Then there is the word of mouth that gets around the different chess sites. I certainly wouldn't want to be in Russ shoes, or YOURS. He has big decisions to make soon.
    Kind Regards,
    As Always,
    VR
  15. Subscribermy2sons
    Retired
    Missouri
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 21:54
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Knightstalker47 you will have realised by now that if you do not fall in behind the Metallica stance/viewpoint that you are deemed to be ignorant or trying to destroy the site.
    So says the member of the anti Metallica and leader of the Arrow clan, both of which have
    thrown lots of free points in the direction of the Sleazy Rider Clan

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree