The Rule Book

The Rule Book

Clans

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m

Moves
11 Mar 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Why you think what you like has any relevance to anyone else I have no idea. This is no place for your personal preferences and unmitigated pompous windbaggery!

Apologize? Yes i apologize to the clan community on your behalf for pompously assuming that everyone should play their games according to your assumed values as espoused in your unwritte ...[text shortened]... see the Lemony one for therapy, you are clearly a very sick man (and I use the term man lightly)
You are on the wrong side of public opinion in this forum.

Once you come to terms with your delusions, you know who to see.
A quack who shares your delusions.

Yeah !! You're all set !! 😀

m

Moves
11 Mar 16

you and your clan have been caught numerous times artificially resigning games reducing your rating. You have also engaged in countless lopsided challenges as have been documented on this forum. Your clan is a clan of vultures.
Our players are rated 230 points
higher than yours on average.

Why won't you address that FACT !!

Or do you prefer your fiction ?

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
11 Mar 16

Originally posted by mghrn55
Our players are rated 230 points
higher than yours on average.

Why won't you address that FACT !!

Or do you prefer your fiction ?
You are a 1900 player masquerading as a 1700 player thus you have a 200 advantage in your clan challenges pre shorties manipulations 😛

m

Moves
11 Mar 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Mctayto
You are a 1900 player masquerading as a 1700 player thus you have a 200 advantage in your clan challenges pre shorties manipulations 😛
LMAO !!

You have as much credibility as your avatar !!

😀😀

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
11 Mar 16

Originally posted by lemondrop
I enjoy reading your posts
sincerely and with all the respect you deserve
-lemondrop
lol...Just the part about
Sincerely,
With all the respect you deserve
-VR

rc

Moves
11 Mar 16

Originally posted by mghrn55
You are on the wrong side of public opinion in this forum.

Once you come to terms with your delusions, you know who to see.
A quack who shares your delusions.

Yeah !! You're all set !! 😀
Public opinion, bwahaha Horse feathers dude! Da Easy riders don't care about no public opinion!

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
11 Mar 16

Public opinion, bwahaha Horse feathers dude! Da Easy riders don't care about no public opinion!
Da easy Riders are made up of that stuff that falls out of the horse's backside.

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
12 Mar 16
4 edits

This is a bit vague, but Section 6 of the TOS states:

Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law;

Laws against collusion in gaming usually exist at every level of government, although they are rarely enforced except in large venues or events with lots of $$ involved, or in big cities where some form of organized crime may exist.

Legally, this would be difficult to prove and almost impossible to enforce (no tangible harm unless Russ does actually lose subscribers), but from the perspective of the site owner, simple knowledge of existing laws and verifiable violating behaviors would be enough to act.

All that said, if a person or persons think they won a championship of some kind, but the overwhelming majority of participants do not recognize the achievement and instead hold the claimed result in disdain, then it is a pretty hollow victory.

It's like Fischer in 1992- he could call it the World Championship match, but almost no one recognized it as such, and his continued claims only made him look disturbed and silly.

People listened to him the way an adult would listen to a child or a mentally impaired very old senior- with patience and understanding.

I also suspect that this post will inspire some rants directed to me, with some name-calling and allusions to my mental impairment, sexual orientation, social status, or similar subjects.

It will not come as a surprise, and does not need a reaction. Sometimes it's better to just smile and nod, and politely avoid winking to the other observers, listeners, or readers.

rc

Moves
12 Mar 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Paul Leggett
This is a bit vague, but Section 6 of the TOS states:

[b]Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the ...[text shortened]... to just smile and nod, and politely avoid winking to the other observers, listeners, or readers.
I recognized it as such! Furthermore there have also been other precedents when Kasparov and Short formed their own 'world championship' in 1993. Are you willing to state that it was illegitimate and , 'hollow'? Why should FIDE have a monopoly on world championships?

rc

Moves
12 Mar 16
1 edit

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Da easy Riders are made up of that stuff that falls out of the horse's backside.
stardust and golden? agreed! Da Easy Riders are stardust and golden!😵

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
12 Mar 16

stardust and golden? agreed! Da Easy Riders are stardust and golden!😵
You have already drunk too much of the Kool-Aid and you are beyond saving.

Poor sod, he thinks horses emit stardust. This also would explain his inability to
understand the cheating and collusion he is involved with.
Perhaps it is time to get the straight jackets and haul him to the home for the mentally impaired.

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
12 Mar 16
1 edit

I recognized it as such! Furthermore there have also been other precedents when Kasparov and Short formed their own 'world championship' in 1993. Are you willing to state that it was illegitimate and , 'hollow'? Why should FIDE have a monopoly on world championships?
Quite the opposite, and missing my point.

Regardless of organizing body, practically every reasonable person considered Kasparov the World Champion at the time, which is my point. He earned his wins and title in a way that everyone acknowledged and respected. It was the FIDE championship that was hollow.

A person could have surely suggested "Hey, the person who won the FIDE title is the champion- there's nothing in the rules that prevents them from making that claim", and they would be technically correct, but no reasonable person considered Kasparov as dethroned.

Similarly, a clan that reaches the top, but did it by means not generally recognized or approved by the participants in the contest has achieved nothing, except perhaps disdain or scorn. Personally, I'd rather be in a respectable 100th place than in a 1st place that no one respected. That's just me, though.

rc

Moves
12 Mar 16
2 edits

Originally posted by Paul Leggett
Quite the opposite, and missing my point.

Regardless of organizing body, practically every reasonable person considered Kasparov the World Champion at the time, which is my point. He earned his wins and title in a way that everyone acknowledged and respected. It was the FIDE championship that was hollow.

A person could have surely suggested "Hey ...[text shortened]... in a respectable 100th place than in a 1st place that no one respected. That's just me, though.
I see and we are back to a moral judgment, how Puritan! Chess dot com has group challenges and I have never heard anyone make reference to them through the narrow lens of morality. They are regarded as legitimate.

Respectability is like public opinion, meaningless to the man of independent mind. One is reminded of the Prussian statesman Otto von Bismarcks remarks with regard to those who go to war with principles, 'its like walking through a forest with an oar between your teeth'.

rc

Moves
12 Mar 16

Originally posted by shortcircuit
You have already drunk too much of the Kool-Aid and you are beyond saving.

Poor sod, he thinks horses emit stardust. This also would explain his inability to
understand the cheating and collusion he is involved with.
Perhaps it is time to get the straight jackets and haul him to the home for the mentally impaired.
I don't think we have Kool-aid in the UK and I wonder what it is? As for my mental health I've had it checked by Dr Lemon von Drop and he says I am sane and capable of rational thought.

Retired

Missouri

Moves
12 Mar 16

I don't think we have Kool-aid in the UK and I wonder what it is? As for my mental health I've had it checked by Dr Lemon von Drop and he says I am sane and capable of rational thought.
You are, sane or not, a cheat and an embarrassment to this site.