1. Standard memberDrKF
    incipit parodia
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 12:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    How about a 'Radio Red Hot Pawn' podcast? One a week, one hour long, produced by those who fancy doing it, taking it in turns. Lowish bit rate. Slap them on a blog so that there can be some photos and stuff. Just an idea.
    Sounds like a great plan to me! Do you know of a suitable blog site that would allow us to host copyright material, though? (Or were you thinking of downloadable zip files?)
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 12:58
    Originally posted by DrKF
    Sounds like a great plan to me! Do you know of a suitable blog site that would allow us to host copyright material, though? (Or were you thinking of downloadable zip files?)
    60 minute compilation, cross fades, odd little bit of 'found objects' or spoken word, etc., whatever, no commercial value, low bit rate (say 192kbps) whack it up to a smattering of easy hosters like megaupload, filesonic, hotfile etc. Post the links to a non commercial blogspot, private, limited access, no advertising on it, people sharing mix tapes.
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 14:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    60 minute compilation, cross fades, odd little bit of 'found objects' or spoken word, etc., whatever, no commercial value, low bit rate (say 192kbps) whack it up to a smattering of easy hosters like megaupload, filesonic, hotfile etc. Post the links to a non commercial blogspot, private, limited access, no advertising on it, people sharing mix tapes.
    I kind of like the idea, at least the mix-tape bit - dunno so much about the filler, that sounds a bit intimidating to a techo dunce like me.
  4. Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 21:58
    I listen to the radio. Don`t have a TV & don`t want one.
  5. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 04:19
    Sometimes, ... Americas Top 40 songs with Ryan Seacrest
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 14:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    Does anyone listen to radio anymore?

I mean for consuming music not news etc.

What, where, when, how much, why?
    When I'm driving. Both Dutch and British Radio 4. They're very different, though - Dutch Radio 4 is the classical music channel. British Radio 4 is... well, if you don't know it, it's hard to describe. Except for the last few weeks, when it's wall-to-wall cricket coverage. Cricket radio is fun for an hour or so, not for weeks on end. But when India go home #2, BBCR4 will be a lot of fun again.

Richard
  7. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 07:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    How about a 'Radio Red Hot Pawn' podcast? One a week, one hour long, produced by those who fancy doing it, taking it in turns. Lowish bit rate. Slap them on a blog so that there can be some photos and stuff. Just an idea.
    Sounds like fun.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 21:50
    like has been mentioned before, bbc 6 music is the only radio station that i can and do listen to often... mostly when online at home. at the moment i'm listening to a clash album though.

bbc radio 2 and any classical radio station i can listen to but not for that long... depends what's on obviously. also occasionally listen to 'the slacker and steve' show at http://www.alice1059.com/ that i got into while in america, the actual music is pretty crap but 'slacker' and steve are hilarious.
  9. weedhopper
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 07:39
    I do not. Haven't listened to a song dated later than 1979 except for the brief 1985 Live Aid Concert on TV. I listen to NPR, to audio books, foreign language teaching tapes, and comedy routines. And lots of tapes of the good music (pre 1979)😀
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 09:58

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberDrKF
    incipit parodia
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 10:521 edit
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I do not. Haven't listened to a song dated later than 1979 except for the brief 1985 Live Aid Concert on TV. I listen to NPR, to audio books, foreign language teaching tapes, and comedy routines. And lots of tapes of the good music (pre 1979)😀
    Is there any particular date in 1979 that the human race stopped making good music? Just letting it default to the 31st December 1979 would seem kind of arbitrary...
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 20:34
    Originally posted by DrKF
    Is there any particular date in 1979 that the human race stopped making good music? Just letting it default to the 31st December 1979 would seem kind of arbitrary...
    Well, lets see. That would be the year my band Southwind made its first recordings.....
  13. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    23 Aug '11 20:36
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well, lets see. That would be the year my band Southwind made its first recordings.....
    Ah, now it all makes sense!
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 06:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    Does anyone listen to radio anymore?

I mean for consuming music not news etc.

What, where, when, how much, why?
    Yes regularly but only in specific circumstances: driving, decorating, working outside etc.

Content varies from music (whatever channel has the fewest and least annoying adverts), sports commentary or news.
  15. Utrecht
    Moves
    24 Aug '11 07:49
    Dutch Radio 1 in the car, news, backgrounds and a little light music.
    At home several commercial stations to keep up with todays hottest and my childrens taste.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree