1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 17:09
    Originally posted by katia08
    Forgive the PUN, but all the dead guys are DECOMPOSING! Seriously, having been born on Beethoven's birthday and being a Peanuts "Schroeder" fan, I have to say how much I enjoy Beethoven's beautiful change-ups in dynamics, sonority, exquisite adagio movements of his piano concertos, and his amazing last three piano sonatas (longest trills, rhythm and meter c ...[text shortened]... tube' site! Musical talent is alive and well.
    Love this cultural forum, too. Katia
    Hi Kate, I think you mean myspace. I don't have much on twoyube!
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 17:17
    Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
    I bet you'd enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP0KMZ__eh4
    Yep, I have previously perused the contents of that video, priceless. Stunk and droned! Was that Carol King holding her hands over her face? How many others in the crowd can you identify? Like the guy playing the acoustic, the one next to Jerry. Janis says "are we in Alberta yet' so at least we know what country they are in. Mexico, of course🙂
  3. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 17:421 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Yep, I have previously perused the contents of that video, priceless. Stunk and droned! Was that Carol King holding her hands over her face? How many others in the crowd can you identify? Like the guy playing the acoustic, the one next to Jerry. Janis says "are we in Alberta yet' so at least we know what country they are in. Mexico, of course🙂
    LOL! Yup, I think that is Carol King, but I can't identify too many others. Do you know when this was filmed? Bob Weir looks like he's about six, and he even sticks his tongue out at the camera.

I've had "Ain't No More Cane" in my head all day, too, which is no bad thing 🙂.

EDIT Regarding your other post, just above, is "not having much on youtube" the same as having a little? Links!
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 05:201 edit
    LOL! Yup, I think that is Carol King, but I can't identify too many others. Do you know when this was filmed? Bob Weir looks like he's about six, and he even sticks his tongue out at the camera.

EDIT Regarding your other post, just above, is "not having much on youtube" the same as having a little? Links!
    Well, as to the timing, Janis seems to be alive, so that limits the time frame, eh🙂 The only other person I recognized was Carol, maybe the rest were like managers, stage crew types.
    My guess timewise would be 1968.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 05:47

links to my my myspace? just myspace.com/donjenningsguitar
    I do acoustic stuff, couple three instruments multitracked me, myself and I. Most of it was done in a hotel when I was on the road on a job at a cleanroom in Toledo Ohio, which was a surprise, I didn't know there actually WAS a cleanroom there! Midwest Micro devices, a semiconductor foundy. So I took my recording stuff, at first a PC based unit, then ported to a laptop, a lot more convenient and a lot quiter, couple of mics, mic stands, mic cables, M audio Firewire 410 (with two mic preamps so didn't need to lug around my Mackie anymore), pair of earphones, and the laptop, that's all you need anymore, made some nice sounding recordings with that combo, used a Rode large diaphram condenser mic and a couple of small diameter condensers, made a nice mix. Used Wavelab to truncate, fade ins/outs and CD maker to line up all the tracks and pump it to the burner, did the whole thing right on the laptop. Sure wish I had that rig 30 years ago! Back then, used a Teac 15 IPS 4 track, nice recorder but heavy! The recordings I made back then sounded pretty good sonically so you could make nice recordings with a good ten inch reel machine, but now you can make a finished product except for the artwork, now you can even use lightscribe to get some kind of image printed on the CD right on the lap. Amazing! Another big change for home recordists, the quality of the mics in the $300 area has gone up tremendously. I have this Rode from Australia, and a Project Studio C3, also a large diaphram condenser, both very high quality, maybe a studio engineer can tell the dif between those and say, a Neumann, but for sure the average musician would be hard pressed to hear any difference. All the effects in software, no more big racks for compressors and limiters and reverb and such and like with Sonar, it comes with a whole slew of effects, 5.1 surround sound, mixdown to MP3, mix to video, all right on the laptop. My daugher Heather, who is a pro now, first degree at Berklee, MA in music at Weslyan, just got a micro digital recorder with two very high quality mic's built in, like 300 bucks, you can record to a memory stick, which now holds gigabytes of data so you could theoretically go out to a cabin in the woods with nothing but that and make excellent recordings, the box about the size of a cassette walkman. She is using it to record environmental sounds of forests and such for her music projects, she is also on myspace at HDJ project, she does synth stuff.
  6. Standard membermbakunin
    Radio Gnome
    Planet Gong
    Moves
    06 Mar '09 14:21
    stevie ray vaughan
  7. Joined
    24 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 19:39
    Oh sure Keith can be the drummer and so can Cozy Powell be it.
    I chose for Bonham because of his variety in his playing.I saw him play bare handed.Did you know that Bonham never tuned his kit and still found the right notes?
  8. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 20:59
    Jerry
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 21:01
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    links to my my myspace? just myspace.com/donjenningsguitar
    I do acoustic stuff, couple three instruments multitracked me, myself and I. Most of it was done in a hotel when I was on the road on a job at a cleanroom in Toledo Ohio, which was a surprise, I didn't know there actually WAS a cleanroom there! Midwest Micro devices, a semiconductor foundy. So I to ...[text shortened]... nd such for her music projects, she is also on myspace at HDJ project, she does synth stuff.
    Thnx for that Sonhouse!
    I too have a daughter that helps me with videos,etc.

Frank Zappa. Prolific.origonal, 100% dedicated musician
  10. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 21:03
    I haven't heard very much of what Dweezil does. He's a good guitarist, but I don't know if he's the brilliant understander and creator of music that his father was. Frank did a vast range of things musically, he sucked every drop of possibility out of his ideas and he stretched the musicians who worked with him. To the extent that I'm qualified to ju ...[text shortened]... musical abstractions have. His music takes us to weird places that make us better people.
    C'mon. Frank himself said that composing music was the making of pretty pictures with the notes. He hired musicians, who he grew to hate, because he wanted to hear the pictures. He was nuts, and he killed himself eating too many hot dogs and chili because he was an Italian that hated pasta.

Wait, nuts is a principal qualification of genius. Maybe I should revise my view.

Dweezil is bringing his show to my town; maybe I'll get some tickets.
  11. weedhopper
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 21:16
    Lead Guitar--Hendrix
    Rythym Guitars--Harrison, Vaughn, Barrett
    Bass--Entwistle
    Drums--Bonham
    Keyboards--Beethoven
    Singer--Orbison
  12. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 22:17
    Grandpa Jones
  13. weedhopper
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 04:41
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Grandpa Jones
    a darn good banjo picker, as was Stringbean.
  14. Joined
    12 Jun '08
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 07:55
    John Lee Hooker without a doubt.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 10:27
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Dweezil is bringing his show to my town; maybe I'll get some tickets.
    You should. By all accounts. The video evidence I have seen is compelling.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree