landfill mining
    😞
  2. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    11 Aug '08 18:23
    Originally posted by uzless
    No, I know your kind. I know what goes on in your mind.

What you're talking about is performance art with a musical element to it..... not just music.
    Yes, I'm talking about the aspect of performance in live music. Thank God you've worked that out.

No, you have very little idea about what goes on in my mind, as your examples make painfully clear.
  3. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    11 Aug '08 18:521 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage

No, you have very little idea about what goes on in my mind, as your examples make painfully clear.
    ug. That line is from a Depeche Mode song called, "A Question of Time".

Maybe if you hadn't been staring at Martin Gore's hair cut you might have remembered it and applied it to the current discussion.

Next time, i'll remember to dial down the level of discourse to an RHP comprehension level.
  4. At the Revolution
    Moves
    11 Aug '08 19:56
    Who are you...The Moderator?
    No. I'm every Zionist's worst enemy.
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    12 Aug '08 04:53
    ug. That line is from a Depeche Mode song called, "A Question of Time".

Maybe if you hadn't been staring at Martin Gore's hair cut you might have remembered it and applied it to the current discussion.

Next time, i'll remember to dial down the level of discourse to an RHP comprehension level.
    As a kid, Depeche Mode bored me; still does.

Now that I know you drink from the fountain of cultural knowledge, though, I can't wait for you slay me with a sly reference to Duran Duran, Modern Talking or Haircut 100. I'm masochistic that way.
  6. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 18:33
    Granted. But you shouldn't have to show up to your interview with the band wearing a costume....which is what this was all about.
    Dress for success! If you can't imagine someone else caring about your appearance because you don't, you're missing most of the big picture. I'm reminded of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal:

"If you are to encounter one, the Guide tells you that it's impossible to slay, so you should wrap a towel around your head. This creature is so mind-bogglingly stupid that it assumes that if you can't see it, then it can't see you."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Races_and_species_in_The_Hitchhiker%27s_Guide_to_the_Galaxy#Ravenous_Bugblatter_Beast_of_Traal
  7. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 18:52
    Originally posted by PBE6
    Dress for success! If you can't imagine someone else caring about your appearance because you don't, you're missing most of the big picture.

uzless doesn't miss big pictures...

It's not a question of whether someone else cares how you look. It's a question of whether or not YOU want to be a part of something where it matters how you look.

To conform, or not to conform....that is the question.
  8. At the Revolution
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 18:55
    uzless doesn't miss big pictures...

It's not a question of whether someone else cares how you look. It's a question of whether or not YOU want to be a part of something where it matters how you look.

To conform, or not to conform....that is the question.
    Not to conform.
  9. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 18:57
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Not to conform.
    Exactly!

Do you want to live your life according to your own expectations or to someone else's......
  10. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 19:03
    Not to conform.
    Thank God uzless asks this question every time he enters an English class:

"Excuse me, but do you expect me to conform to the rules of the English language? You'd make a fine sheep, sir. My previous statement was for the benefit of your feeble, conformist mind. From here on in I'll speak my own language!"
  11. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 19:03
    Not to conform.
    Did you get the gad-danged gig or not?!? 😠
  12. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    14 Aug '08 13:571 edit
    Originally posted by PBE6
    My previous statement was for the benefit of your feeble, conformist mind. From here on in I'll speak my own language!"
    Almost.

Instead, I'd decide what language I wanted to speak and then go to the class that speaks that language.

It's like when you are hungry and want to eat out at a restaurant. Rather than go to any old restaurant and order something from THEIR menu, I decide beforehand what I want and then go to a restaurant that serves what I want.
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    14 Aug '08 15:02
    Maxims are for fools. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

It's just clothes anyway.
  14. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    14 Aug '08 15:243 edits
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Maxims are for fools. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

It's just clothes anyway.
    Look Palynka,

You do realize this is just a parody of the argument Professor Henry Higgins puts to Eliza when discussing their relationship in My Fair Lady right? (Pygmalion by Bernard Shaw for you literary types out there)

Mrs. Higgins: However did you learn good manners with my son around?

Eliza Doolittle: It was very difficult. I should never have known how ladies and gentlemen really behaved, if it hadn't been for Colnel Pickering. He always showed what he thought and felt about me as if I were something better than a common flower girl. You see, Mrs. Higgins, apart from the things one can pick up, the difference between a lady and a flower girl is not how she behaves, but how she is treated. I shall always be a common flower girl to Professor Higgins, because he always treats me like a common flower girl, and always will. But I know that I shall always be a lady to Colonel Pickering, because he always treats me like a lady, and always will.

Professor Henry Higgins: My manners are exactly the same as Colonel Pickering's.

Eliza Doolittle: That's not true. He treats a flower girl as if she were a duchess.

Professor Henry Higgins: I treat a duchess as if she were a flower girl.

Eliza Dootlittle: I see. The same to everybody.

Professor Henry Higgins: You see, the great secret, Eliza, is not a question of good manners or bad manners, or any particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls. The question is not whether I treat you rudely, but whether you've ever heard me treat anyone else better.
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    14 Aug '08 15:32
    Look Palynka,

You do realize this is just a parody of the argument Professor Henry Higgins puts to Eliza when discussing their relationship in My Fair Lady right?

Mrs. Higgins: However did you learn good manners with my son around?

Eliza Doolittle: It was very difficult. I should never have known how ladies and gentlemen really behaved, if it hadn ...[text shortened]... ot whether I treat you rudely, but whether you've ever heard me treat anyone else better.
    [/b]
    I hate to break the news to you, but that's a quite different issue.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree