1. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    19 Jul '10 17:11
    Here are all the sentences from this month. (Thread 131811) Vote for your favourite three. Your first choice gets 5 points, your second choice gets 3, and your third choice gets 1 point. Voting closes July 27, 2010.

Eg.
    1. S (5 points)
    2. Y (3 points)
    3. R (1 point)
  2. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    19 Jul '10 17:12
    A. He wasn't sure that the graveyard was really the best place to meet a potential partner, but he reasoned that when your love life had been dead as long as his, at the very least he'd have familiar company if LonelyNephilim133 turned out to be a crazed, accountant-hating killer.

B. He wasn't sure that the graveyard was really the best place for the Whinger and Sons company picnic, but it seemed appropriate after looking at the earnings for the last three quarters.

C. He wasn't sure that the graveyard was really the best place to dig up a date, he had just read a grimoire, and decided to try it out for fun.

D. He wasn't sure that the graveyard was really the best place for cheating, she was certain a chess forum would yield better replies to make her own, the plan to offer a inferior prize to the one the radio station had offered was almost infallible, however she hadn't envisaged some guy listening to 'Whats new scooby-doo halloween album' seeing right through her deceitfulness.

E. He wasn't sure that the graveyard was really the best place for their first date but she needed to be made to understand that she'd be put 6 feet under if she didn't obediently cater to his every whim and desire, no matter how denegrating and humilating it made her feel.

F. He wasn't sure that the graveyard was really the best place to sing.

G. He wasn't sure that the graveyard was really the best place for the annual brownies and girl guides scavenger hunt, but since finagled into acting guide leader following the tragic death of Mrs Blenkinsopp, the Vicar felt assured that her proximity to proceedings would lend an aura of sombre dignity and help quell his mounting trepidation of the parish’s high-spirited pre-adolescent coven.

H. He wasn't sure that the graveyard was really the best place for a wedding, but he wanted his whole family to attend.

I. He wasnt sure a graveyard was the best place for the monthly necrophiliacs anonymous meeting, but he was sure it was a bad idea to provide free tea, coffee and shovels.

J. He wasn't sure that the graveyard was really the best place to raise the dead; the difficulty of getting an au pair to even come in for an interview, let alone the logistical and social challenges of home schooling in such an isolated environment, subsequently bore out his grave misgivings.

K. He wasn't sure that the graveyard was really the best place for the new housing development, but the property was cheap, the condos would bring in millions from suburbanintes looking for a safe neighborhood, and no one would ever know that Indians used to be buried in their front yards, right?

L. 'He wasn't sure that the graveyard was really the best place for novel-writing but "a Saturday afternoon in November was approaching the time of twilight, and the vast tract of unenclosed wild known as Egdon Heath embrowned itself moment by moment."'

M. He wasn't sure that the graveyard was really the best place to apply pressure, and put 'Born in 1954' on her ass.

N. He wasn't sure that the graveyard was really the best place to make a phone call, because it was a dead zone.

O. He wasn't sure that the graveyard was really the best place to have a bit of fun, but he was determined not to let the fact that he had been buried alive get in the way of participating in the RHP Sentence Competition.
  3. Standard memberDrKF
    incipit parodia
    Moves
    19 Jul '10 18:261 edit
    K (1 point)
    H (3 points)
    J (5 points)
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    20 Jul '10 03:261 edit
    exempli gratia
    1.X
    2.Y
    3.Z
    If Raven can vote for non-existants, so can I.
  5. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    20 Jul '10 03:38
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    exempli gratia
    1.X
    2.Y
    3.Z
    If Raven can vote for non-existants, so can I.
    Hey! Only I am allowed to do that. 😠

And anyway, Z would clearly have been #1.
  6. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    20 Jul '10 03:54
    Originally posted by Raven69
    Hey! Only I am allowed to do that. 😠

And anyway, Z would clearly have been #1.
    I disagree, I think Z lacked substance.
  7. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    20 Jul '10 13:05
    E (1 point) , G (3), H (5)
  8. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    21 Jul '10 19:12
    Votes from the UK judge

Nil pois
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Jul '10 08:36
    1st k
    2nd e
    3rd b
  10. Auckland
    Moves
    22 Jul '10 12:41
    1. M
    2. O
    3. D
  11. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 14:13
    1st B (5pts)
    2nd I (3pts)
    3rd H (1pt)
  12. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 19:32
    1. J
    2. I
    3. G
  13. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    26 Jul '10 12:16
    I trust that entrants who don't vote are disqualified.
  14. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    26 Jul '10 13:45
    H (5 pts)

A (3 pts)

N (1 pt)
  15. Standard memberDrKF
    incipit parodia
    Moves
    26 Jul '10 15:35
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    I trust that entrants who don't vote are disqualified.
    Surely not! I'm only voting because I'm not participating, and I didn't vote (for myself or anyone else) last month when I did enter...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree