1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 07:32
    Originally posted by Arachnarchist
    NO WAY!!! The dark knight rocked.

I gotta go with Star Wars I-III
    Yep, it rocked and rocked, and rocked and about 1/4 the way through just fell over and broke all the furniture.
  2. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 10:04
    Originally posted by Millwall Bill
    The Lord Of The Rings trilogy
    Lord of the rings? What could you have against that? What didn't it deliver on?

King Kong and Mulian Rouge.
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 10:33
    Originally posted by Seitse
    nerds ... Dorito-fat-asses and unattractive face acne
    I'd say this is the most over-used type of exaggeration of the average nerd, yes.
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 11:07
    Originally posted by Arachnarchist
    NO WAY!!! The dark knight rocked.

I gotta go with Star Wars I-III
    Wait a minute...

The dark knight: "OOOOHHHH.. we have to give the dead actor junkie a post-mortum Oscar...." BECAUSE HE GIGGLES A LOT???

Is less hyped and a better film than Star Wars episode II or III?

I think you've just rolled out of a tumble dryer and got your nuts caught in loose zip or something. You need help.
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 11:11
    Originally posted by yo its me
    Lord of the rings? What could you have against that? What didn't it deliver on?

Well... Tom Bombadil springs to mind. The film portrays wizards as either good or evil, but the book has the Maia not being such black/white characters. Tom Bombadil's character could have brought a much needed subtlety to the film.

The scouring of the Shire was missed. Especially poor since you did see it in Part I as an alternative future in Galadriel's mirror.

The extended version of "The two towers" did make amends to the butchery committed in the cinema release though. That's true.
    And I certainly agree it wasn't the most over-hyped film ever for what you got.
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    16 Oct '08 11:17
    Originally posted by lordhighgus
    As two other posters have said, "Titanic" bites the big one.
    The only other movie that was that bad was "Shock Treatment", the sequel to "Rocky Horror Picture Show".
    Titanic wasn't bad.
    It certianly wasn't as good as people made it out to be, but it wasn't as bad as the alternative pretentious crowd make out either.
  7. Big D
    Moves
    21 Oct '08 00:34
    Just watched Woody Allen's "Annie Hall," about a nebbish, neurotic, New York City Jew who winds up instructing dumb, goofy, corn-fed Mid-western shiksa Diane Keaton in the ways of life, love and philosophy. This piece of crap won Oscars for Best Picture, Screenplay, Direction and Best Actress in 1977, which must have been a dismal year for cinema. This is my new "most over-rated film ever."
  8. Standard memberWheely
    Instant Buzz
    C#minor
    Moves
    21 Oct '08 21:251 edit
    Originally posted by der schwarze Ritter
    Just watched Woody Allen's "Annie Hall," about a nebbish, neurotic, New York City Jew who winds up instructing dumb, goofy, corn-fed Mid-western shiksa Diane Keaton in the ways of life, love and philosophy. This piece of crap won Oscars for Best Picture, Screenplay, Direction and Best Actress in 1977, which must have been a dismal year for cinema. This is my new "most over-rated film ever."
    I certainly agree with The Dark Knight being one of the most boring films ever made. Not only was the script laughable ((stern look) Ohhh I think it´s so wrong to be able to eves drop using everybody´s phone, but as it´s you, go head) but the plot was nonsense. Accidently leaving a very important political figure in a hospital that the police had just evacuated who inexplicably didn´t die when it blew up etc etc etc.

I also found Lord of the Rings unbelievably tedious too but I guess that´s OK because the book is pretty dull and is only navigable by skimming over the fifty page descriptions of a bit of pathway.

I´m also with those who think 2001 was stoopid. It was quite cool for a while and I´ve heard all the theories about what the hell is going down at the end but can only conclude that in fact the only things going were horrendous quantities of class A drugs when they made that.

However, I´d like to nominate "There will be blood". Total clap trap form a director who plainly thinks that moodily lit people not saying anything for five minutes is high art.
  9. Joined
    15 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Oct '08 01:42
    Originally posted by Wheely
    I

I´m also with those who think 2001 was stoopid. It was quite cool for a while and I´ve heard all the theories about what the hell is going down at the end but can only conclude that in fact the only things going were horrendous quantities of class A drugs when they made that.

However, I´d like to nominate "There will be blood". Total clap trap form ...[text shortened]... r who plainly thinks that moodily lit people not saying anything for five minutes is high art.
    Not necessarily defending 2001 but Clarke does explain everything in 2010 (the book; I'm not sure if the movie is too clear on explanations although it does follow the book). Everything is explained. Why HAL murdered the astronauts, what happened to David Bowman and why. It is so seamless he must have planned it that way. And much of 2001 was prescient of the space programs future. However, yes, the ending did seem like the director was just using recreational drugs at the time.
  10. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    22 Oct '08 02:42
    One of the best movies of all time.
  11. Big D
    Moves
    23 Oct '08 02:39
    Originally posted by rbmorris
    One of the best movies of all time.
    Defend your assertion.
  12. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '08 02:51
    WTF?!

i agree with you for the 1st time 😲
  13. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    27 Oct '08 09:13
    1977 was a briliant year for movies!

Star Wars, Close encounters of the third kind, The spy who loved me, A bridge too far, Soldaat van Oranje (one of the best Dutch films ever) and Madame Rosa.

In fact, I would go as far as to say that only 1994 surpasses 1997 for quality of movies...

Well, perhaps...
  14. weedhopper
    Moves
    27 Oct '08 16:57
    agreed
  15. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    27 Oct '08 17:21
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Because of "Pulp Fiction" or "Natural Born Killers"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree