1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Apr '10 06:56
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    Crime Spree, with Harvey Keitel.
    Harvey Keitel himself is underrated. Every film I see him in goes up a few notches in my estimation merely for casting him.
  2. silicon valley
    Moves
    18 Apr '10 01:38
    Les visiteurs (dir. Jean-Marie Poiré, starring Jean Reno)

Crime Spree (dir. Brad Mirman, starring Harvey Keitel, Gérard Depardieu, Johnny Hallyday, etc.)

Pusher II (dir. Nicolas Winding Refn, starring Mads Mikkelsen)

The Vertical Ray of the Sun (dir. Tran Anh Hung, starring Trần Nữ Yên Khê😉

A Spray Of Plum Blossoms (dir. Wangcang Bu, starring Ruan Lingyu)
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    18 Apr '10 14:27
    I really enjoyed "No Man's Land", a 2001 European film directed by some guy called Danis Tanović.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    19 Apr '10 21:59
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Harvey Keitel himself is underrated. Every film I see him in goes up a few notches in my estimation merely for casting him.
    Plus, he's willing to do nudes.
  5. Lawrence, Ks
    Moves
    20 Apr '10 00:34
    "Cadence" starring Laurence Fishburne, Charlie Sheen, and Martin Sheen.
  6. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    20 Apr '10 14:52
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    It's absolutely pants!
    It was very far from absolute pants. The jerky lack of consistency in the story elements is exactly the same as my son uses when he is telling me stories. That's a very hard stylistic thing to be able to capture in film; the mystic, fairy tale like disregard for explanation and causality, which is learnt with age, is absent in younger children and that is a very clever part of the film. Visually it is stunning and overall I thought it was very enjoyable.
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    20 Apr '10 15:101 edit
    Originally posted by Starrman
    It was very far from absolute pants. The jerky lack of consistency in the story elements is exactly the same as my son uses when he is telling me stories. That's a very hard stylistic thing to be able to capture in film; the mystic, fairy tale like disregard for explanation and causality, which is learnt with age, is absent in younger children and that is ...[text shortened]... clever part of the film. Visually it is stunning and overall I thought it was very enjoyable.
    Well said. Tarsem conveys extremely well the creativity of a child's imagination and their ability to be awed by what themselves are imagining.
  8. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    20 Apr '10 15:481 edit
    Just to save people looking back through the thread, the last two comments are about "The Fall".... or maybe "The Cell"... not sure now.
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    20 Apr '10 15:53
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    Just to save people looking back through the thread, the last two comments are about "The Fall".... or maybe "The Cell"... not sure now.
    The Fall.

I think. 😕
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Apr '10 16:04
    Originally posted by Palynka
    The Fall.

I think. 😕
    After Hex Induction Hour I tuned out.
  11. Joined
    12 Apr '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '10 16:27
    Originally posted by Badwater
    In science fiction, everyone has stolen from Metropolis and Forbidden Planet.

In animation, I get tired of critics claiming that The Little Mermaid was responsible for the resurgence of Disney animated features. It was actually Who Framed Roger Rabbit. WFRR made TLM possible.

Possibly the most underrated western is Winchester '73. Possibly.

Our Ho ...[text shortened]... it.

The Sixth Sense is probably underrated; it is the finest ghost story ever put to film.
    never heard of winchester '73, will check it out!

although i love "our hospitality" and like the fact you've put it ahead of chaplin (who gets put ahead of keaton too often for my liking), i can't agree that it's better than the general. the finest silent film of all time, in my opinion, especially if watched with the carl davis score
  12. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    20 Apr '10 19:05
    Winchester '73 is a belter, but then aren't all Jimmy Stewart films?
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    21 Apr '10 18:48
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Winchester '73 is a belter, but then aren't all Jimmy Stewart films?
    That guy from the Daily Show did a western?
  14. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '10 15:46
    Originally posted by Biffer Spice
    never heard of winchester '73, will check it out!

although i love "our hospitality" and like the fact you've put it ahead of chaplin (who gets put ahead of keaton too often for my liking), i can't agree that it's better than the general. the finest silent film of all time, in my opinion, especially if watched with the carl davis score
    The General is not an underrated film, though. 😉
  15. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '10 15:48
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    That guy from the Daily Show did a western?
    Yes - a short, Jewish kid from Kansas wins .... wait, if I continue I'll get modded for sure....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree