Top 200 songs of the 90's

Top 200 songs of the 90's

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 Sep 09

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
I don't think there [b] were 200 decent songs recorded in the 90s. Or even the 80s, 90s and 00s combined...[/b]
The Cure also wrote some great songs.

System of a Down came along and just blew stuff away as far as song writing,drumming, and dual vocalists were concerned. Haven't heard a bad song from them.
U2 wrote the song "One".
R.E.M. did "Losing my religon"
Do you want more?...

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
04 Sep 09

Johnny Cash's American Recordings lit up my 90s.

F

Moves
04 Sep 09
1 edit

Originally posted by darvlay
I don't care if I ever hear those songs again in my lifetime.
There's: I don't care if I ever hear those songs again in my lifetime.

And: I don't care if I never hear those songs again in my lifetime.

The first one has the negative 'don't' and the positive 'ever' in it, while the second one has the negative 'don't' and the negative 'never' in it.

So do both sentences - although ostensibly grammatically opposite in meaning - in fact, mean the same thing, somehow?

D
incipit parodia

Moves
04 Sep 09

Originally posted by FMF
There's: I don't care if I ever hear those songs again in my lifetime.

And: I don't care if I never hear those songs again in my lifetime.

The first one has the negative 'don't' and the positive 'ever' in it, while the second one has the negative 'don't' and the negative 'never' in it.

So do both sentences - although ostensibly grammatically opposite in meaning - in fact, mean the same thing, somehow?
Curiously, yes - but I think that's because the important part of the sentence is 'I don't care', so that whether one doesn't care if something 'ever' or 'never' occurs again makes no real difference, since one doesn't care...

Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
04 Sep 09

Originally posted by badmoon
Now hold on there. sonny. There hasn't been anything approaching songs like Gimme Shelter and You can't always get what you want in the 80's and beyond.
What??? Seriously?

P

weedhopper

Moves
05 Sep 09

Originally posted by darvlay
And I think 60s and 70s rock is overrated, especially by grandpas like yourself.
I have no grandchildren. :'(

b

lazy boy derivative

Moves
05 Sep 09
2 edits

All right, to get real with this thread.v To me s great sonmgs are those that stand the test of time and are open to interpretation.

So radomly -

Waterfalls by TLC
Paronoid Android
Under the Bridge by the Peppers
Enter Sandman
One ..as mentioned before
Losing my religion..as mentioned before
Hey Ya (I think that is the name of it)

I'm sticking to rock and pop cause I figure that is how this thread will go. I'm just getting started.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Sep 09

Originally posted by badmoon
All right, to get real with this thread.v To me s great sonmgs are those that stand the test of time and are open to interpretation.

So radomly -

Waterfalls by TLC
Paronoid Android
Under the Bridge by the Peppers
Enter Sandman
One ..as mentioned before
Losing my religion..as mentioned before
Hey Ya (I think that is the name of it)

I'm sticking to rock and pop cause I figure that is how this thread will go. I'm just getting started.
Yep,Radiohead did cool stuff.
The RHCPeppers always seem to use tasty (rather than show-offy guitar leads)
I used to play bass in a metal band that covered 'Enter Sandman". Boy was that stuff fun to play...

There was a lot of crap in th 90's but music was deversifying so much.
I love the Youth Groups version of 'Forever Young". I think it was origonally a Bob Dylan song. Awesome! I had to write the lyrics and chords to that one...

b

lazy boy derivative

Moves
06 Sep 09

The first half of the 90's were a high water mark for rock music. I would say the best since the mid 70's. Since 95 or so has been a real disapointment.

K

Germany

Moves
06 Sep 09

I hold Oasis responsible for killing indie rock music.