1. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 02:30
    Or what instrument did you play as a child but don't any more? Or what have you dabbled with? Or ... etc.
  2. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 02:331 edit
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    Or what instrument did you play as a child but don't any more? Or what have you dabbled with? Or ... etc.
    Dabble with bamboo flute and African drum—play nothing well (or even with minimal competence).
  3. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 02:391 edit
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Dabble with bamboo flute and African drum—play nothing well (or even with minimal competence).
    Those sound really cool, though! Even dabbling would be fun!

I'm giving up on dabbling with the guitar. I'm giving it to my sister. She has a close friend who plays very well and is willing to teach her.
  4. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 04:12
    I'm an atrocious drummer........
  5. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 04:18
    I'm a mostly lapsed pianist and slowly improving bad guitarist. I also played an organ a few times, which is rather like shagging Jehovah, and I've been known to mess about with harmonicas in a most irritating way. Finally, I used to own most of a six-string balalaika but we won't ever speak of that again.
  6. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 04:26
    I also own a ukulele which annoys everyone I meet but is hugely enjoyable to play.....
  7. Joined
    10 Apr '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 05:06
    Over the course of my childhood and adolescence, I tried piano, clarinet, saxophone and guitar.

My guitar teacher was a former nun who was extremely kind, patient and encouraging and taught me enough that I could play during mass on Sundays. I miss her.
  8. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 13:42
    Originally posted by Mimor
    Over the course of my childhood and adolescence, I tried piano, clarinet, saxophone and guitar.

My guitar teacher was a former nun who was extremely kind, patient and encouraging and taught me enough that I could play during mass on Sundays. I miss her.
    Wow. That's cool!
  9. The sky
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 13:54
    I am a professional cellist, not very good piano player, lousy recorder (mostly descant and treble) and tin whistle player, and very lousy accordeon and guitar player (I sometimes use those instruments in music therapy because I have them available, and especially the guitar is great to use in music therapy because the children can pluck the strings themselves, but I haven't had any lessons for those instruments and don't have them at home). I also play kitchen utensils, as people may remember from the music comp (or as they can hear on facebook if they are in my friends list).
  10. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 14:15
    Now playing guitar (acoustic), mandola, and contrabass (beginning).
    Played before in an orchestra clarinet and saxophone (tenor).
    Also learned some piano.
    I've tried many others, but now I'm 100% on the mandola. Want to reach world class level 🙂
  11. Club 64
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 20:15
    Piano-9 yrs.
    Guitar-2 yrs.
    Mandolin-3 yrs.
    Drums-whenever I felt like it.
    Violin-3 yrs, but sucked at it.
    Bass-2 yrs.
    Banjo-a couple of times. Brought out the country boy in me.
    Organ-various times. Really fun, especially Hammond B3s.
    Harpsichord-once. It sounded weird, so I haven't played it since.

I think that's it. Some instruments I'd like to have a chance to play:

Sitar
    Steel Drums
    Theremin
    Glass Harmonica
    Ocarina
  12. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 20:57
    Originally posted by Ironstar
    Piano-9 yrs.
    Guitar-2 yrs.
    Mandolin-3 yrs.
    Drums-whenever I felt like it.
    Violin-3 yrs, but sucked at it.
    Bass-2 yrs.
    Banjo-a couple of times. Brought out the country boy in me.
    Organ-various times. Really fun, especially Hammond B3s.
    Harpsichord-once. It sounded weird, so I haven't played it since.

I think that's it. Some instruments I'd like to have a chance to play:

Sitar
    Steel Drums
    Theremin
    Glass Harmonica
    Ocarina
    you played mandolin? cool! 🙂
    what kind of music did you play? I play mandola (tuned , but sometimes I try the mandolin, too.
  13. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 21:46
    I played trumpet for a while when I was very little. Right now, I don't play anything. I wish I did. I hope to take piano lessons someday, when I have more time for that sort of thing.
  14. Joined
    28 Apr '07
    Moves
    02 Mar '08 03:13
    this was in a crossword and i couldnt figure it out(its probably obvious), the cousin of a guitar-3 letters
  15. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    02 Mar '08 03:30
    Originally posted by umba
    this was in a crossword and i couldnt figure it out(its probably obvious), the cousin of a guitar-3 letters
    Hmm, not pipa, that's 4. Ukelele? Not unless it meant three Es. Ute? No, I think that's a Native American tribe. Let me get back to you...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree