*pwned
    Hey, one besserwisser per day is my maximum quota! 😠
  2. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    06 Aug '08 22:10
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Got to agree with you there, my man, there's something in there for every taste, from philosophy to sado-masochism.
    ...not to mention Onanism

This Present Darkness is memorable for wooden characters and contrived plot. I won't lower myself to sampling Left Behind or any of its spawn, but others whose opinions I trust have told me they are worse than Peretti's "masterpiece."

Bad fiction fills the shelves of bookstores, libraries, and the hands of folks waiting for their plane. Much of it makes its way onto film. Probably the worst novel I've read this year has been Paulo Coelho, The Zahir and it did more to keep my interest than Pride and Prejudice, which I could not finish when assigned in Brit Lit many years ago. But, the worst fiction I can think of is the latest statement of "fact" from the Bush White House.
  3. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 02:16
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    But, the worst fiction I can think of is the latest statement of "fact" from the Bush White House.
    HOWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLL!
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 07:58
    Originally posted by Wulebgr

Bad fiction fills the shelves of bookstores, libraries, and the hands of folks waiting for their plane. Much of it makes its way onto film. Probably the worst novel I've read this year has been Paulo Coelho, The Zahir and it did more to keep my interest than Pride and Prejudice, which I could not finish when assigned in Brit Lit many years ag ...[text shortened]... the worst fiction I can think of is the latest statement of "fact" from the Bush White House.
    The sight of the title of Coelho's new book filled me with disgust.
  5. weedhopper
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 18:46
    I'd have to vote for Ulysses. Man, that was a painful read.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 00:101 edit
    Shakespeare. Did it at O level and A level, got As and I still don't get it. Classic case of King and no clothes methinks.
  7. Joined
    04 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '09 03:091 edit
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    HOWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLL!
    the most useless poem I've ever read.

the worst fiction i've read is Ivanhoe.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree