1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 03:18
    I know it was supposed to go away once we all got some UV rays and besides you right wingers have been a bit busy trying to gin up a campaign of extermination against BLM but:

73,388 new cases today, almost back up to a 1000 deaths.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Not to worry, our right wing governors on on the job; Brian Kemp in Georgia (which is averaging 3500 new cases a day over the last week) is suing the Mayor of Atlanta for - get this - requiring masks in public. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/georgia-governor-suspends-all-local-mask-mandates-encourages-but-doesnt-require-masks-for-residents/ar-BB16OXPy?li=BBnb7Kz

Oh, for the good old days when Joe Schmo's mathematical models "proved" that US COVID deaths would peak at 40,000 and Eladar was willing to bet that New Zealand would have more deaths on the 4th of July than the US would (Southern Hemisphere, winter etc.).
  2. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 03:35
    @no1marauder said
    I know it was supposed to go away once we all got some UV rays and besides you right wingers have been a bit busy trying to gin up a campaign of extermination against BLM but:

73,388 new cases today, almost back up to a 1000 deaths.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Not to worry, our right wing governors on on the job; Brian Kemp in Georgia (w ...[text shortened]... land would have more deaths on the 4th of July than the US would (Southern Hemisphere, winter etc.).
    Such a pity the virus isn't taking its marching orders from Fox News. 😢
  3. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 04:46
    I got the virus in late January. Went to bed on a Sunday and basically slept until Wednesday morning. Got up, sipped on some coffee and thought to myself, "Wow, that was rough... I should probably check the mail and see if anyone called."

I could have been obsessed with the pandemic, and all of the political ballyhoo associated with it. But thanks to wall to wall news coverage of the dreaded Woo Hoo virus, every freakin' day for 5+ months, I'm not sure which is worse... being sick with the virus, or sick of hearing about it.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 05:21
    @lemon-lime said
    But thanks to wall to wall news coverage of the dreaded Woo Hoo virus, every freakin' day for 5+ months, I'm not sure which is worse... being sick with the virus, or sick of hearing about it.
    Yeah we are all sick of hearing about it.
    And sick of politicians who know more than epidemiologists.
    And sick of internet pundits who know more than virologists.
    But most of all sick of people needlessly dying.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 06:06
    @wolfgang59 said
    Well-said.
  6. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 06:34
    @lemon-lime said
    I got the virus in late January. Went to bed on a Sunday and basically slept until Wednesday morning. Got up, sipped on some coffee and thought to myself, "Wow, that was rough... I should probably check the mail and see if anyone called."

I could have been obsessed with the pandemic, and all of the political ballyhoo associated with it. But thanks to wall to wall news c ...[text shortened]... or 5+ months, I'm not sure which is worse... being sick with the virus, or sick of hearing about it.
    Hang in there !!
    Once the daily US death toll goes back down to 500, and Mike Pence praises the leadership of the Donald for his handling of the COVID 19 inconvenience, you can soon resume hearing wall to wall coverage of Sleepy Dementia Joe.

Glad to hear that you weren't one of the 600 thousand who died.
    Or the additional 2 million who have permanent lung damage or other lasting issues.

Let's all get back on track and get America a president who will repair its democracy.
  7. S. Korea
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 06:49
    I've made no predictions.

I fully support getting as many people in masks as possible but I will say that once this is done its more or less fine to let folks be going to restaurants and the likes.

We have around forty to seventy infections a day and other than stadiums being empty and fewer people going to church and practicing social distancing there, little has changed
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 10:37
    @philokalia said
    I've made no predictions.

I fully support getting as many people in masks as possible but I will say that once this is done its more or less fine to let folks be going to restaurants and the likes.

We have around forty to seventy infections a day and other than stadiums being empty and fewer people going to church and practicing social distancing there, little has changed
    I’m guessing you have a much lower population density than parts of the US and wearing masks is a massive help but look how long the Idiot trump and his idiot base have resisted them and many still are.
    I’ve never understood the resistance to wearing masks in the Uk either. If they reduce the droplet infection bubble around a carrier to near zero and we have no realistic way of knowing who is a carrier they should be mandatory in any public space.
    You can control your own hygiene based defences but you cannot control what’s in the air you breathe.
  9. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 13:13
    I’ve heard the pandemic will disappear in November. Seemingly Corona-19 doesn’t like Autumn.

But, that it will only disappear in countries which have Autumn. Countries with fall are fukked until March.
  10. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 16:09
    @mghrn55 said
    Hang in there !!
    Once the daily US death toll goes back down to 500, and Mike Pence praises the leadership of the Donald for his handling of the COVID 19 inconvenience, you can soon resume hearing wall to wall coverage of Sleepy Dementia Joe.

Glad to hear that you weren't one of the 600 thousand who died.
    Or the additional 2 million who have permanent lung damage or othe ...[text shortened]... ng issues.

Let's all get back on track and get America a president who will repair its democracy.
    Yeah, I'm glad I didn't die too.
    If I had died, I'd probably have no opinion on the matter one way or the other.

I don't expect to see this issue replaced by a sense of normalcy (or some other crises) until November, but only if Biden wins.
    If Trump wins, I expect to be hearing all about the impending Apocalypse.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 17:12
    @lemon-lime said
    Yeah, I'm glad I didn't die too.
    If I had died, I'd probably have no opinion on the matter one way or the other.

I don't expect to see this issue replaced by a sense of normalcy (or some other crises) until November, but only if Biden wins.
    If Trump wins, I expect to be hearing all about the impending Apocalypse.
    Or maybe the second burning-down of the White House.

They kept 7 million people of color from voting in 2016 to secure Trump's victory, and I said then that they would have to increase that to 20 to 25 million kept from voting in 2020 to keep him there. That many people not allowed to vote isn't going to go unnoticed this time.
  12. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 17:25
    @suzianne said

They kept 7 million people of color from voting in 2016 to secure Trump's victory, and I said then that they would have to increase that to 20 to 25 million kept from voting in 2020 to keep him there. That many people not allowed to vote isn't going to go unnoticed this time.
    Black Votes Matter.
  13. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 17:52
    @suzianne said

They kept 7 million people of color from voting in 2016
    How were 'they' able to do this?
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Jul '20 22:36
    Gee, what's up? None of the right wingers want to discuss COVID-19 any more? They had sooooooooooooooooo much to say about it back in April and May.
  15. Joined
    08 Jun '20
    Moves
    18 Jul '20 22:39
    @wolfgang59 said
    Too many old people taking up jobs and rental property anyway...
    Good riddance!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree