1. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 20:42
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @sonhouse

Jeeezus, man.

Americans traded in their exceptionalism for the Bread and Circus life.

In other words, Americans are a bunch of ass klowns.
    Exactly what is American exceptionalism to you ?
  2. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 21:09
    @sh76 said
    Geez, buddy.

Go smoke a joint or take a Valium or something.

Watch the football games and have a couple of beers. I would say have a couple of friends over but you'd probably call me a grandma-killer for suggesting that.

We're gonna be fine. Just chill, man.
    ...and I had already aked him to come over for dinner with my sweet and wonderful american family tonight. My daughter especially likes Granny's tapioca pudding. I hope the evening goes well, with good cheer.
  3. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 21:14
    @dood111 said
    America is going to suck soooo bad for the next four years there will be a huge conservative backlash just like in 1980 when Reagan took 48 of the 50 states against the incumbent president and in 2024 the Republicans will set things straight.
    I'm not feeling' it , Dood. Their machine is huge. Think about it, it is all they do. We go back to our jobs, whatever, but they crank up some seriously big wheels, they have quotas on getting new parasitic-types on their bandwagon,, maybe give them $5, we just don't do that. And their band-wagons, being constructed 24/7 (the election for them is an ongoing way of life), will have to be larger. You Forget the open Border? Who will be waiting there for them with $5 and a pot of honey? Not us, we are busy, running the country for them to parasite onto.
    I'm not feeling it. Have you heard of Stacey Abrams? A bandwagon all by herself, She will be Georgia's next governor, will give you odds on that.
    I'm not feeling it.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 22:111 edit
    @dood111 said
    How many US draft dodgers that went to Canada are still living in Canada?
    Precious few I'd wager.
    About 20,000 Americans left America, but the same number of Canadians went to fight in Vietnam, so it evens out I'd say.
    I wouldn't know the number as they were draft dodgers and I bet our government aren't sure on the exact amount. Whether it works out even or not neither you or I would know that answer.

I really don't know what it has to do with "American doesn't deserve to be world leader"! Is this your reason?

-VR
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 23:27
    @dood111 said
    America is going to suck soooo bad for the next four years there will be a huge conservative backlash just like in 1980 when Reagan took 48 of the 50 states against the incumbent president and in 2024 the Republicans will set things straight.
    Lol yeah voters aren’t goldfish they will still remember what an alt right / white supremacy dominated GOP did when they gave them a dictator in the White House and they will never let that kind of scum get near the reigns of power for a long while.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 23:29
    20,000 Canadians enlisted; at least 134 killed
    The Canadian Vietnam Veterans Association estimates that about 20,000 Canadians enlisted, although other historians think that number may have been as high as 40,000. The association believes 12,000 Canadians actually served in combat roles in Vietnam.

So actually only 12,000 Canadians actually served in combat roles in Vietnam, obviously I looked this up. I know Canadian people were against us going to Vietnam, many think and still do today that we should have never went.

-VR
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 00:07

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 00:51
    @eladar said
    We no longer govern ourselves. If we did, then things would be better.

What we have now are political machines ruling over the country. That's the problem. We are no longer protected by the Constitution, politically appointed judges get to rewrite the Constitution by way of court rulings.

It is what it is. We will see how long this country lasts.
    Or at least your version of "this country".
    1950 is that way !! The rest of us are moving forward.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 01:141 edit

10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 01:37

11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 04:04
    @eladar said
    We no longer govern ourselves. If we did, then things would be better.

What we have now are political machines ruling over the country. That's the problem. We are no longer protected by the Constitution, politically appointed judges get to rewrite the Constitution by way of court rulings.

It is what it is. We will see how long this country lasts.
    Hey, tell us that story of yours again. You know the one, about Corona being a common flu and that it would be over by Summer 2020!
  12. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 04:39
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    USA isn't the world leader when it comes to COVID-19. Italy and the UK are ahead of it in the "big countries" list.
    Worldometers: countries with populations above 50m, numbers are deaths per million population.

Italy 1304
    UK 1196
    USA 1154

Of course, everybody's using different counting methods, but still ...
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 05:141 edit

14. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 05:25
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    It's extremely difficult to compare infection rates because there are huge differences in testing rates as well as counting methods. That's why I believe that death numbers are a closer comparison.

As an aside, at least one of the Worldometers figures (active cases) is grossly inaccurate in my own country (Australia). I provided them with the relevant source information months ago but they've left the incorrect data in place. This has given me some distrust of the Worldometer site numbers.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 05:37

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree