Go back
An American Hero

An American Hero

Debates


The one lone man with some morals and a conservative upbringing standing up to 11 sick liberal weirdos, in the Lindsay Clancy case. What are the chances of getting some decent people in the next jury? I say slim. Americans have lost their conscience.


@Rajk999 said
The one lone man with some morals and a conservative upbringing standing up to 11 sick liberal weirdos, in the Lindsay Clancy case. What are the chances of getting some decent people in the next jury? I say slim. Americans have lost their conscience.
I can't decide if you are ironc or not, and that says a lot.


@Ponderable said
I can't decide if you are ironc or not, and that says a lot.
I dont know what you mean by that, and thats not a compliment.
Learn to communicate effectively.

My post was pretty clear.


@Rajk999 said
The one lone man with some morals and a conservative upbringing standing up to 11 sick liberal weirdos, in the Lindsay Clancy case. What are the chances of getting some decent people in the next jury? I say slim. Americans have lost their conscience.
You do know how the jury system works…right?🤔


@Great-Big-Stees said
You do know how the jury system works…right?🤔
So are you in favor of killing children?


@Mott-The-Hoople said
So are you in favor of killing children?
Did I say that? …NO.
I was referring to the jury system. One juror couldn’t agree with the other 11. They felt that the evidence, in their mind, didn’t mean they voted with the others. Look up what that means.


@Mott-The-Hoople said
So are you in favor of killing children?
Ad hominem, false dichotomy, hasty generalization, and a straw man argument. That's 4 logical fallacies in only 8 words. Color me impressed.


@Great-Big-Stees said
You do know how the jury system works…right?🤔
From my post, did you get the impression that I was commenting on how the jury system works?


@Rajk999 said
From my post, did you get the impression that I was commenting on how the jury system works?
Apparently.👍


Michael Péguy Desronvil is a 48-year-old man from Bridgewater, Massachusetts, who became a national news figure in September 2026 after revealing himself as the lone holdout juror in the murder trial of Lindsay Clancy.

Background on the case: Clancy, a former labor-and-delivery nurse, was charged with three counts of first-degree murder for killing her three children — Cora (5), Dawson (3), and Callan (8 months) — at the family's Duxbury, Massachusetts home in January 2023. Her defense argued she was not guilty by reason of insanity, pointing to severe postpartum mental illness. After seven days of deliberation, the 12-member jury could not reach a unanimous verdict — Desronvil was reportedly the sole juror who believed Clancy should be found criminally responsible — and the judge declared a mistrial.

What happened after: Though jurors' identities were initially sealed, several chose to come forward, and Desronvil went public through statements to NewsNation and Newsweek. He said he never had doubts about Clancy's culpability and felt cut off during deliberations when trying to lay out his reasoning: "As I tried to explain different possible theories during deliberation, I kept getting cut off as if I had doubts based on the evidence present."

The fallout: His decision sparked a national debate over how the justice system handles defendants with severe postpartum mental illness. He hired attorney Edward Paltzik, who has represented Donald Trump and who publicly praised Desronvil as an "American Hero and Champion of Justice," also noting Desronvil's Catholic faith and support for Trump. A crowdfunding campaign on GiveSendGo for Desronvil raised over $360,000 within days, and he was reportedly relocated to "an undisclosed secure location in a rural area of Northern New England" amid the attention.


@Rajk999 said
The one lone man with some morals and a conservative upbringing standing up to 11 sick liberal weirdos, in the Lindsay Clancy case. What are the chances of getting some decent people in the next jury? I say slim. Americans have lost their conscience.
That one man was also black.

Do you regret starting this thread?


@vivify said
That one man was also black.

Do you regret starting this thread?
You really are an idiot. What does race have to do with this?


@Rajk999 said
You really are an idiot. What does race have to do with this?
Never thought I'd see the day you say this.

My, you've grown.


@vivify said

My, you've grown.
Something is missing from your brain pal. Not all blacks are like criminals like George Floyd. You are the one that cannot read and understand. I see it in your posts all the time.

Imagine you are here supporting this murderous criminal woman. You must be one these types yourself.


@Rajk999 said
Not all blacks are like criminals
On a thread where you call a black man an American hero.

Ladies and gentlemen, the racist Grinch's heart grew 3 sizes bigger.