Baker loses appeal, transgirl wanted s’thing he doesn’t make

Baker loses appeal, transgirl wanted s’thing he doesn’t make

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lake Como

Moves
30 Jan 23
1 edit

This thread dedicated to Kev and to thousand, for different reasons.
See link below,
If a guy owns a donut shop and I go in and ask him to make me a dozen bagels, should he be required under constitutional law to make the bagels? He does not make bagels in the course of his business.

If I walk into a McDonalds and ask them to make me a Mexican Calazone, what should I do if they refuse to? Should the city council require them make the Calazone, with shredded cheese and jalapeños?

https://apnews.com/article/us-supreme-court-politics-colorado-state-government-legal-proceedings-news-703696ee4e398d066d5841711e1aa438

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
30 Jan 23

Poor analogy. McD's doesn't have the ingredients for that food and it's not listed on their menu.

The baker had the ingredients for custom cakes and it was on his menu,

👌

Moves
30 Jan 23

What is the deal with gay people and cakes?

I'm straight but I don't ask the baker for anything that would imply I'm straight.

Weirdos

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
30 Jan 23

@booger said

I'm straight but I don't ask the baker for anything that would imply I'm straight.

Weirdos
People getting married usually have custom cakes. Are you married?

👌

Moves
30 Jan 23

@athousandyoung said
People getting married usually have custom cakes. Are you married?
No but those little characters at the top are plastic.

Buy your cake then put the characters on top by yourself.

How hard is that?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
30 Jan 23

@booger said
No but those little characters at the top are plastic.

Buy your cake then put the characters on top by yourself.

How hard is that?
The baker is the one who writes with frosting on the top and puts the figures. He gets paid for that. It's his business. He advertises that he will do it for a fee.

👌

Moves
30 Jan 23
1 edit

@athousandyoung said
The baker is the one who writes with frosting on the top and puts the figures. He gets paid for that. It's his business. He advertises that he will do it for a fee.
So y'all saying twitter was a private company and they were allowed to do whatever they wanted before Musk bought it but the private bakery can't?

Y'all just pick and choose and you have no consistent standards 🙄

I seriously doubt the baker was advertising he would make gay cakes.

Just like a bakery denying my request for a giant vagina cake but y'all wouldn't back me on that one now would you?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
30 Jan 23

@booger said
So y'all saying twitter was a private company and they were allowed to do whatever they wanted before Musk bought it but the private bakery can't?

As Elon Musk pointed out himself, the law must be obeyed. He makes reference to what the law is all the time.

Elon Musk:

By “free speech”, I simply mean that which matches the law.

The baker is not matching the law, hes breaking it.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
30 Jan 23

@booger said

I seriously doubt the baker was advertising he would make gay cakes.

Just like a bakery denying my request for a giant vagina cake but y'all wouldn't back me on that one now would you?
Which bakery denied you that cake and what services are they advertising?

👌

Moves
30 Jan 23

@athousandyoung said
As Elon Musk pointed out himself, the law must be obeyed. He makes reference to what the law is all the time.

Elon Musk:

By “free speech”, I simply mean that which matches the law.

The baker is not matching the law, hes breaking it.
Theirs a law saying a business has to serve a customer?

Lake Como

Moves
30 Jan 23

@booger said

Weirdos
Good point. But why didn’t they just say how they would it decorated and keep their rainbow mouths shut? I mean, what did they expect?

👌

Moves
30 Jan 23
1 edit

@AThousandYoung

"Twitter was a private company and they can do whatever they wanted before Musk bought it"

- Every leftist liberal on this site.

Strange how y'all change your minds when you have a chance to go gay and attack the baker for the same right you gave old twitter.

Bunch of hypocrites 🙄

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
30 Jan 23

@booger said
Theirs a law saying a business has to serve a customer?
You can read up on the relevant laws here:

https://www.hourly.io/post/right-to-refuse-service

Lake Como

Moves
30 Jan 23

@athousandyoung said
Poor analogy. McD's doesn't have the ingredients for that food and it's not listed on their menu.

The baker had the ingredients for custom cakes and it was on his menu,
But he sells a specific product, normal wedding, etc cakes. Been going on 10,000 years. So you are suggesting it is a normal customary cake.
Please picture this little baker after handing over this cake and dropping, crying, to his knees as the aberrant people walk out the door. Let us assume that these people effectively have hurt this man.

👌

Moves
30 Jan 23

I can't wait for a bakery owned by Muslims, denying a gay cake, so we can laugh at everyone being quiet as a church mouse and not saying anything against the bakery.