This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Sep '15 21:04
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Another revolting atitude from a woman than can't even take a compliment about her looks. These feminist women are continuing to get more asinine all the time.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Sep '15 21:48

4. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Sep '15 22:021 edit

5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Sep '15 23:042 edits
    You are not required to post a photo on LinkedIn. If Ms. Proudman was so concerned that she might be "objectified" because of her physical appearance, perhaps she could have foregone posting a photo.

In truth, it has been shown in numerous studies that an attractive physical appearance enhances positive responses in business environments. This is probably reflected in this figure:

Did you know that LinkedIn profiles with photos receive 50-70% more inquires than profiles without?

http://www.careerealism.com/linkedin-photo-tips/

It seems like Ms. Proudman wants to have her cake and eat it too though the comment was probably inappropriate.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Sep '15 23:12

7. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Sep '15 23:453 edits

8. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '15 00:401 edit

9. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    12 Sep '15 00:57
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Another revolting atitude from a woman than can't even take a compliment about her looks. These feminist women are continuing to get more asinine all the time.
    Why couldn't she simply say Thanks very much. It is fairly routine for me to be complimented on my appearance by much younger women, and more mature women. Is that sexist? Is it objectifying my masculinity? This B***ch is just so full of her self, that she can't take a complimentary remark. Would she prefer to be called ugly, or overly sensitive?

And I seriously doubt that Duchess64 has ever had that problem, despite her saying that she feels the same.
  10. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    12 Sep '15 01:00
    News Flash to Duchess64. As humans, we are a sexist species. We are keenly aware of our gender from puberty forward. That is unlikely to change to suit those women who want to ignore the differences, or pretend to do so.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '15 10:48

12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '15 10:53
    Originally posted by normbenign
    News Flash to Duchess64. As humans, we are a sexist species. We are keenly aware of our gender from puberty forward. That is unlikely to change to suit those women who want to ignore the differences, or pretend to do so.
    news flash to normbenign. as humans we are a murderous species. we are keenly aware of our murderous nature from the time we read a history book. that is unlikely to change.

but the decent ones among us fukin try to abstain ourselves because we know the difference between good and evil
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Sep '15 11:15
    Did you expect him to jump all over you or what? How could it have went better?
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '15 11:23
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Why couldn't she simply say Thanks very much. It is fairly routine for me to be complimented on my appearance by much younger women, and more mature women. Is that sexist? Is it objectifying my masculinity? This B***ch is just so full of her self, that she can't take a complimentary remark. Would she prefer to be called ugly, or overly sensitive?

And I ...[text shortened]... usly doubt that Duchess64 has ever had that problem, despite her saying that she feels the same.
    do you understand what linkedin is?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LinkedIn

you use it, as a professional, to find work. you use it, as a business, to find employees. it's not a dating site. commenting on the appearance of a professional there would be just as inappropriate as doing it on the street. or to your plumber, dentist, son's teacher, lawyer, and so on

that woman let the caveman know that his advances are unwelcomed. that if she wanted someone's advances, she would have gone on tinder. (get someone young to google it in case you have no clue what that is because you live in the 60's).
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Sep '15 11:23

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree