Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 07:411 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Yep women have it tough.

One way we might try to measure how hard women have it compared to men might be by comparing the male/female suicide rate. Bet far more women are topping themselves thanks to suffering 'insensitivities'.
  4. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 08:28
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    If you say I have I must have, though I would protest that often thoughts and subtleties expressed in the English language are often hidden beneath the layer of obvious literal meaning, which is all a pedantic analysis of the wriiten text can reveal. It's probably the reason why non native English speakers flail at grasping English humour.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 08:42
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    From the Judith Wood article you cited to on p. 1:

Failing that, prickly Proudman could change her own picture to a silhouette, or bail from Linked In… or just be drily amused and shrug it off.
    is that how this matter should be resolved? make a list of possible courses of action she should have taken (so as to not "exaggerate "😉? instead of, you know, realize the man was sexist and ask him and others like him to stop?

do you realize that most people react this way? blame the victim? point out each and every mistake?
    she revealed a private conversation.
    she posted a picture that was viewed as sexy, instead of posting a picture of her forehead (i am sure there are some who would comment on it)
    she could have just ignored it
    she displayed ageism, i bet she would have liked the comment if it came from a johnny depp clone.
    she. she, she, she.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 08:48
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Yep women have it tough.

One way we might try to measure how hard women have it compared to men might be by comparing the male/female suicide rate. Bet far more women are topping themselves thanks to suffering 'insensitivities'.
    or, and i am humoring the idiot here, you could look at the cause of suicide and see how many men commit suicide for sexual harassment/abuse/sexism compared to women.

just a fyi, more women contemplate suicide and/or actually attempt it than men. men die from suicides more because they choose manlier ways to off themselves.
  7. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 09:061 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    or, and i am humoring the idiot here, you could look at the cause of suicide and see how many men commit suicide for sexual harassment/abuse/sexism compared to women.

just a fyi, more women contemplate suicide and/or actually attempt it than men. men die from suicides more because they choose manlier ways to off themselves.
    "and/or" LOL
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 09:241 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    is that how this matter should be resolved? make a list of possible courses of action she should have taken (so as to not "exaggerate "😉? instead of, you know, realize the man was sexist and ask him and others like him to stop?

do you realize that most people react this way? blame the victim? point out each and every mistake?
    she revealed a private con ...[text shortened]... i bet she would have liked the comment if it came from a johnny depp clone.
    she. she, she, she.
    Complaints about "blaming the victim" should be confined to cases where there is one.

Since Ms. Proudman believes that physical appearance has nothing to do with business, her decision to post a photo on a business oriented site that doesn't require one is a bit of a puzzler. This doesn't excuse Mr. Silk's inappropriate
    comment, but it does render her extreme reaction even less justifiable IMO.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 09:46
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Complaints about "blaming the victim" should be confined to cases where there is one.

Since Ms. Proudman believes that physical appearance has nothing to do with business, her decision to post a photo on a business oriented site that doesn't require one is a bit of a puzzler. This doesn't excuse Mr. Silk's inappropriate
    comment, but it does render her extreme reaction even less justifiable IMO.
    "Complaints about "blaming the victim" should be confined to cases where there is one."
    aha, gotcha.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree