1. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 18:491 edit
    @zahlanzi said
    Preventing companies from jacking up the prices in a crisis knowing full well people are forced to pay or freeze to death. That would be better policy.

How many times must we hammer this into you? You can't have free market where one of the parties involved is forced to buy a product. That's anything but free. It's highway robbery.

There is a reason we, for example ...[text shortened]... the prices instead of throwing them in jail.

Feel free to not understand any of these points.
    No, I hear you. Of course price gouging is illegal, there is a way to file a report to take care of that, and of course,, that IS a federal matter. You are right, companies can be barred from jacking up prices. No argument.
    I missed what product that the party is forced to buy? We still talking about TX?

Regarding the fire fighter analogy, our taxes are like an insurance policy covering our house fire by having the trucks come put out the fire. We pay a premium in our taxes for that.
    So now, apply that logic to TX. TX could easily buy 'insurance' in some form to cover their losses in a (local/state) disaster. OK, maybe there is no such company providing such a program, maybe the federal govt could have an agency to sell that insurance to any state that wants it? Makes sense to me.
    If the homeowner can get 'insurance' (thru taxation) to get firefighters to the house, then you and I can can get Lloyds of London to underwrite a program insuring states like TX. You and I could make a lot of Money!!!!
  2. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    22 Feb '21 18:51
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @Zahlanzi - How many times must we hammer this into you?
    You can't have free market where one of the parties involved is forced to buy a product.

you demonstrate a remarked grasp of the obvious.

[CLAP-CLAP]
    Earl, at least you get his point, I missed it. Maybe I have covid brain.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 02:05
    @AverageJoe1
    They didn't JUST miscalculate. They got it dead wrong THREE TIME, in 89, 2011, and now again in 2021.

They refused to tell the power company to winterize, because BOO HOO, it would cost money and I said before Repubs HATE spending money. They also HATE ANY kind of government regulation.

Also the decision to go it alone, not to connect with the states is also a big factor in the power losses.

If they had been connected to the national grid, the surrounding states could ship in power but NOOOO, repubs HATE the idea of actually being in a REAL grid.

But of course you figure there to be other answers, you can't accept the idea of republican incompetence just like you think Trump is your god king.
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 02:15
    @sonhouse said
    @AverageJoe1
    They didn't JUST miscalculate. They got it dead wrong THREE TIME, in 89, 2011, and now again in 2021.

They refused to tell the power company to winterize, because BOO HOO, it would cost money and I said before Repubs HATE spending money. They also HATE ANY kind of government regulation.

Also the decision to go it alone, not to connect with the states is a ...[text shortened]... rs, you can't accept the idea of republican incompetence just like you think Trump is your god king.
    No No No, Sonhouse, AverageJoe is, for once, with you!!!!!!!!! TX SCREWED UP!!!!! Is everyone here daft!!?!? They miscalculated, like if I bet RED at the roulette table , and the winning color is black !!!!!
    Sonhouse, are we dealing here with Nincompoops???? You and Ihave it figured out!!!!!

Sonhouse, it makes us wonder what all this screed has been about!!!
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 06:18
    @averagejoe1 said
    No he didn't. You are saying a falsehood. He kicked butt, the greatest president in our lifetime, created 7M unfilled jobs, etc etc, and the little coffee drinking bike riders in Denmark laughed at him?
    Do you think what you said above does not make any sense? Do ou think Japan and England and Russia and China laughed at him?? They were in awe of him.
    ...[text shortened]... peaking facts. Thijs is not my opinion.
    Laughing stock....YOU grow up! Take that!!! 😆 🙂
    Hook, line and sinker.

Your fairy tales nearly destroyed this country.

If there's one thing America has learned from this, it's never trust another Trump with elected office.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 06:21
    @averagejoe1 said
    Man do you guys LOVE LOVE ❤️ LOVE LOVE the Nanny govt. please come save us from our screwups. So, I AversgeJoe, toil at my suffering businesd in Oskosh, wstching Air Force One fly over with trunks full of cash, my tax cash, to bailil out losers in Texas. I am no loser.. Texas is a loser, and they get the cash. Do you have any understanding hw failing your logic is
    Even Texans are Americans.
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 08:56
    @averagejoe1 said
    No, I hear you. Of course price gouging is illegal, there is a way to file a report to take care of that, and of course,, that IS a federal matter. You are right, companies can be barred from jacking up prices. No argument.
    I missed what product that the party is forced to buy? We still talking about TX?

Regarding the fire fighter analogy, our taxes are like an in ...[text shortened]... of London to underwrite a program insuring states like TX. You and I could make a lot of Money!!!!
    " I missed what product that the party is forced to buy? We still talking about TX?"
    Electricity. Heat. Try to keep up. Also it can be applied to healthcare and education. Thankfully it isn't applied yet to security (police and fire department) but imagine having to pay on the spot for fire fighters. Or the police not responding to 911 unless you are on a premium subscription.

"So now, apply that logic to TX. TX could easily buy 'insurance' in some form to cover their losses in a (local/state) disaster. "
    Yes, it's called regulation. Force companies to winterize their equipment. Instead they let it to each decision and of course they decided to cut costs. Companies will always put profits first. They would still use asbestos if it wasn't banned.

What do you want, allow companies to remain irresponsible and not regulate them , then have someone throw money when the problem appears again? How does this help texans or anyone else when the next freeze happens? Will they be warmed by the fact the "state covers their losses"?

" If the homeowner can get 'insurance' (thru taxation) to get firefighters to the house, then you and I can can get Lloyds of London to underwrite a program insuring states like TX. "
    WTF is wrong with you. People are freezing in Texas because the grid failed (because of deregulation) and you want more of the same in the future but just add another extra of bureaucracy that would give money whenever it fails again.
    Because what texans need right now is money . That should magically unfreeze the pipes.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 09:02
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @Zahlanzi - How many times must we hammer this into you?
    You can't have free market where one of the parties involved is forced to buy a product.

you demonstrate a remarked grasp of the obvious.

[CLAP-CLAP]
    "you demonstrate a remarked grasp of the obvious. "

If it's so damn obvious why do you people insist on having it a defining feature of US society?
  9. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 13:17
    @zahlanzi said
    " I missed what product that the party is forced to buy? We still talking about TX?"
    Electricity. Heat. Try to keep up. Also it can be applied to healthcare and education. Thankfully it isn't applied yet to security (police and fire department) but imagine having to pay on the spot for fire fighters. Or the police not responding to 911 unless you are on a premium subscrip ...[text shortened]... ils again.
    Because what texans need right now is money . That should magically unfreeze the pipes.
    Zahlanzi, broaden your thought. People are freezing in TX NOT because the grid failed. They are freezing because their elected (STATE) leaders did not do the jobs they were elected to do. Human error,, Zahlanzi. Feds were busy impeaching Trump, they cannot run around regulating all the states, telling them how to do things.
    Do you think that this summer the feds should go down to Florida and build some walls up and down each coast so that Florida will not lose lives in hurricanes???? Should the feds pay for the walls> Should the Florida tax revenues pay for the walls??? Who pays?
    Zahlanzi,, yes, a silly analogy, but I think it makes a point. Actually, it DOES make a point. Stay with me here. If feasible, assuming it would work, do you think the FED govt should spend my tax dollars and go down there and build the walls?
    Y'all keep writing about the Fed in your post, so I am asking a question about your precious nanny fed. Where do you draw the line as to Nanny protection. My lawnmower is broke. Do I have to fix it?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 22:39
    @AverageJoe1
    What about himism doesn't work. Trump is a criminal and the charges will be flying very soon.
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 23:06
    @sonhouse said
    @AverageJoe1
    What about himism doesn't work. Trump is a criminal and the charges will be flying very soon.
    Hey man, where u been? Putting finishing touches on your Upcoming Trump Saga, series 1? Ill tune in, but u wont need my comments!!!
  12. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 00:423 edits
    @averagejoe1 said
    Earl, at least you get his point, I missed it. Maybe I have covid brain.
    If a *seller* forces a buyer to buy, it is not a free transaction/market.

It all boils down to weather or not you accept the *liberal* definition of the words "forced" and "free",
    which may include such things as, it is snowing. therefor you are *forced* to buy a snow shovel, not "free" to.

And Jeeezus, forget trying to explain all this to Rio Linda.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 01:46
    @averagejoe1 said
    Zahlanzi, broaden your thought. People are freezing in TX NOT because the grid failed. They are freezing because their elected (STATE) leaders did not do the jobs they were elected to do. Human error,, Zahlanzi. Feds were busy impeaching Trump, they cannot run around regulating all the states, telling them how to do things.
    Do you think that this summer the feds shou ...[text shortened]... d. Where do you draw the line as to Nanny protection. My lawnmower is broke. Do I have to fix it?
    "People are freezing in TX NOT because the grid failed. "
    Yeah it did.

"They are freezing because their elected (STATE) leaders did not do the jobs they were elected to do"
    Considering the fact they preached deregulation on every street corner, it can be argued the did exactly what they were elected to do.

"Human error"
    Human greed. Texas didn't just forget to winterize their infrastructure. Like they been meaning to do it but just some other things came up and then they simply lost the winterization plans.

They made a deliberate decision to deregulate the energy providers and just leave it at their discretion whether to winterize or not and they made a deliberate decision to put profits over people and they refused to winterize anything. Nobody made a mistake. Everyone did exactly what they were meant to do in a state ran by religious fanatics. (the ones that believe in the magical power of unregulated capitalism.

"Feds were busy impeaching Trump, they cannot run around regulating all the states, telling them how to do things. "
    This crap has been going on for decades. Texas had another bad winter 10 years ago and did jack . Funny that you would mention the feds, seeing that you're all about state rights and against the nanny state. Now it's convenient to blame the federal government huh. Still taking the federal aid, of course. Sticking to one's principles is just silly.

"Do you think that this summer the feds should go down to Florida and build some walls up and down each coast so that Florida will not lose lives in hurricanes???? "
    Fukin yes. If it is needed of course they should.

"Where do you draw the line as to Nanny protection."
    For now, how about we draw the line to include preventing energy companies from letting people freeze to death? How about that bare minimum of human decency?

"My lawnmower is broke. Do I have to fix it?"
    Do you equate your lawnmower being broke with one's family freezing to death, you absolute garbage of a person?
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 01:51
    @earl-of-trumps said
    If a *seller* forces a buyer to buy, it is not a free transaction/market.

It all boils down to weather or not you accept the *liberal* definition of the words "forced" and "free",
    which may include such things as, it is snowing. therefor you are *forced* to buy a snow shovel, not "free" to.

And Jeeezus, forget trying to explain all this to Rio Linda.
    "It all boils down to weather or not you accept the *liberal* definition of the words "forced" and "free",
    which may include such things as, it is snowing. therefor you are *forced* to buy a snow shovel, not "free" to."
    More like "it is snowing , i am forced to buy heat for my house or i will freeze to death". Or "i am dying of cancer, i am forced to buy chemo".

Yes, most people in civilized countries do deal with snow shovels and their equivalents. Because they have their vital needs covered. The free market is healthier when there isn't an entire class of almost slaves, having no social mobility and no buying power.
  15. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 03:181 edit
    @zahlanzi said
    "People are freezing in TX NOT because the grid failed. "
    Yeah it did.

"They are freezing because their elected (STATE) leaders did not do the jobs they were elected to do"
    Considering the fact they preached deregulation on every street corner, it can be argued the did exactly what they were elected to do.

"Human error"
    Human greed. Texas didn't just forget to win ...[text shortened]... te your lawnmower being broke with one's family freezing to death, you absolute garbage of a person?
    Your first 4 paragraphs simply make my points, as I made them, The citizens of TX ELECTED people to handle this issue properly. The people that They ELECTED did NOT do their job. The citizens have got a problem, they blew it , and you want them to drag out their weenie posters (the ones you carry around in the streets) and march up to the US Capitol and make them pay for their errors. You are so off base it is unbelievable. You agree with me in the 4 paragraphs, but then spoil the post by saying the feds should be involved in TX politics. What the hell has religion got to do with it? Fanatics? OK, they are fanatics. What has the fed gov got to do with TX fanatics??? Zahlanzi?
    Did you mention freezing people? What about the homeless who wlll freeze all over America tonight? Doing a bit of cherry picking to shore up this post, are you?
    Did I 'mention feds' , that Nanny is OK, what in the hell? Did I 'blame the fed govt huh'"??? What do you mean by sticking to one's principles? I said none of that. You are doing a Sonhouse rant. Weird stuff. I do not believe in Nanny govt. You obviously do. Don't know what you meant at all.
    Everybody, Zahlanzi thinks the Fed govt should run around the country correcting and Nannying all the states, like putting up barriers in FL for hurricanes. Boy, will WY be miffed that they are not giving THEM any money . Tell Suzianne, BTW, that this is why we need the electoral college, to save the ass of states like WY. But tonite, that is too deep a subject for you.

As to the lawn mower, I am equating......"It Is MY Problem" Jesus. Nobody has any obligation to come fix my lawnmower. You seem to be imputing a duty of care to the govt.....it aint there.

What laugh your post is. And the first part is what I have been saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree