1. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 13:561 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Yes, the American way for 250 years. I am actually at this very moment digging to find the best investment opportunities for when the Invasion From S America is in full force. Do you have any ideas on what they might want to buy that I can provide for them?
    I assume that they will show up english-speaking, with money. Would you enter a country blind with no money and not be able to converse?
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 14:391 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    I am trying to see your point. The Covid problem is universal, ...all the states. Federal problem, national disaster, MGM.

The Texas problem is the Problem of Texas. They never thought it would get so cold. They mis- calculated. Freak of nature, but it is THEIR problem, not that of the Federal government.

Can you agree with that? You seem to think that b ...[text shortened]... n, in fact, the Feds have nothing to do whit cleaning up Texas. It is a state problem.
    Comment?
    Why have a country at all using such "logic"?

A State is an arbitrarily created entity who's boundaries consist of pieces of dirt. It is the People within it that are important not the dirt it contains. Those People's well-being is a concern for the entire body politic of this country, not just the incompetent State officials of Texas.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 14:431 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    Are you particularly deranged the Texan Republican dominated State is responsible for weatherproofing its energy infrastructure and has failed to do it, they wouldn’t even join the national grid so how would it be a POTUS responsibility.
    Right on Kev!

It appears earl doesn't like Biden and knows nothing about the situation in Texas and it is of their own doing and nothing to do with this POTUS or the one before him who I didn't like. Now is the time for everyone to pitch in and help them. Point the accusing fingers later and make sure they land in the right faces.

-VR
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 14:53
    @averagejoe1 said
    I am trying to see your point. The Covid problem is universal, ...all the states. Federal problem, national disaster, MGM.

The Texas problem is the Problem of Texas. They never thought it would get so cold. They mis- calculated. Freak of nature, but it is THEIR problem, not that of the Federal government.

Can you agree with that? You seem to think that b ...[text shortened]... n, in fact, the Feds have nothing to do whit cleaning up Texas. It is a state problem.
    Comment?
    You just helped me make mine, probably without realizing it.

You said it perfectly !!
    "The Texas problem is the problem of Texas."

But yet ....... but yet ....... there's the title of this thread.....
  5. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 14:56
    @very-rusty said
    Right on Kev!

It appears earl doesn't like Biden and knows nothing about the situation in Texas and it is of their own doing and nothing to do with this POTUS or the one before him who I didn't like. Now is the time for everyone to pitch in and help them. Point the accusing fingers later and make sure they land in the right faces.

-VR
    If I live in Florida , where we have our own problems with hurricanes, what in the world do you want me to do over in Texas? Each state should stand alone, so I disagree with Marauder. UNLESS it is a total national emergency such as COVID.
    In a microcosm example, if I am your neighbor and build a barn very poorly and it crashes down all around me, do you think I should expect you to come to a 'barn raising' and put me up a new barn? when I made it like crap.? Absolutely not. It is your problem, build a better barn.
    If Texas needs Flordia to come help them, then they should make up a contractual agreement to cover each other in any emergency. Any states(s) can join in the conglomerate if they so choose. But Note, I do not mention the federal government in this case, it is the business of each state to handle themselves.
    Do you think Atlanta should go up and bail Detroit out of ther mess? And Marauder questions common logic????
    O help.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 14:572 edits
    @averagejoe1 said
    If I live in Florida , where we have our own problems with hurricanes, what in the world do you want me to do over in Texas? Each state should stand alone, so I disagree with Marauder. UNLESS it is a total national emergency such as COVID.
    In a microcosm example, if I am your neighbor and build a barn very poorly and it crashes down all around me, do you think I shou ...[text shortened]... hould go up and bail Detroit out of ther mess? And Marauder questions common logic????
    O help.
    The States already made a "contractual arrangement" with each other. Maybe you heard of it - it's called the "Constitution of the United States". In it, they pledged to provide for the General Welfare of the United States.

EDIT: It would be more accurate to say the People entered into a "contractual arrangement" with each other.
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 15:03
    @mghrn55 said
    You just helped me make mine, probably without realizing it.

You said it perfectly !!
    "The Texas problem is the problem of Texas."

But yet ....... but yet ....... there's the title of this thread.....
    MG, we finally agree on something. Biden has nothing to do with this. He has nothing to do with Detroit's problems, or the wine vineyards in california during a fire.
    A pleasure agreeing with you. Rational minds.
  8. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 15:06
    @averagejoe1 said
    MG, we finally agree on something. Biden has nothing to do with this. He has nothing to do with Detroit's problems, or the wine vineyards in california during a fire.
    A pleasure agreeing with you. Rational minds.
    So.....why was this thread started ?
    Not by you, granted......but you are all in on the posting activity....
  9. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 15:07
    @no1marauder said
    Why have a country at all using such "logic"?

A State is an arbitrarily created entity who's boundaries consist of pieces of dirt. It is the People within it that are important not the dirt it contains. Those People's well-being is a concern for the entire body politic of this country, not just the incompetent State officials of Texas.
    I agree , except dont know what you mean by the last sentence. Of course every American is vested in the well-being, health and economy of the people of our country. We all contribute our products and services into the system so we chug along.

The problem is that liberals think we are all in some group where we are responsible for someone who screws up. Am I wrong?
  10. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 15:10
    @no1marauder said
    The States already made a "contractual arrangement" with each other. Maybe you heard of it - it's called the "Constitution of the United States". In it, they pledged to provide for the General Welfare of the United States.
    Ha Ha. What article speaks to this subject? You define General Welfare quite broadly,, do you? How far down the line you gonna ride that little gem? My house heating system is not working. Can you get a govt agency to get themselves over here before nightfall to fix it?? Hahaha
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 15:192 edits
    @averagejoe1 said
    Ha Ha. What article speaks to this subject? You define General Welfare quite broadly,, do you? How far down the line you gonna ride that little gem? My house heating system is not working. Can you get a govt agency to get themselves over here before nightfall to fix it?? Hahaha
    Have you ever actually read the US Constitution?

It sure doesn't seem that way.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Preamble

"The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States;"

Article I, section 8

How "far down" that concept goes is up to the People and their democratically elected representatives.
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 15:23
    @no1marauder said
    while you have the constitution out can we please go by immigration laws?

And it is laughable to suggest a state is responsible for another states financial responsibilities.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 15:31
    @mott-the-hoople said
    while you have the constitution out can we please go by immigration laws?

And it is laughable to suggest a state is responsible for another states financial responsibilities.
    I have no idea what you are talking about - most likely because it is rubbish.

Are you familiar with the 1950 Federal Disaster Relief Act?
  14. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 15:40
    @no1marauder said
    Have you ever actually read the US Constitution?

It sure doesn't seem that way.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this ...[text shortened]... w "far down" that concept goes is up to the People and their democratically elected representatives.
    Whatever you say. So. Does it cover the government checking out my heating system. I’m not being funny here. Where do you draw the line if someone doesn’t have a place to live , and is walking down the street, the general welfare of that person being primary, means that I should bring them into my house and put them in one of my bedrooms. I don’t know what you’re talking about
  15. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 15:46
    @no1marauder said
    I have no idea what you are talking about - most likely because it is rubbish.

Are you familiar with the 1950 Federal Disaster Relief Act?
    Not really, but Mott has already made a point which trumps that act, ...that one state is not responsible for another state. Would you tell me where that is written anywhere. And don’t be doing a broad brush with the constitution General Welllfare , get common sense .
    Is Chicago responsible for Detroit problems? Is it possible for marauder to speak exactly common sense, you are sounding more like the Duchess. Next you will be throwing us a link - You just throw out general welfare, and hit send. That tells me nothing. Should I mow your lawn if the grass gets too high ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree