1. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 16:13
    @mghrn55 said
    You just helped me make mine, probably without realizing it.

You said it perfectly !!
    "The Texas problem is the problem of Texas."

But yet ....... but yet ....... there's the title of this thread.....
    Every time there is a flood, a hurricane, great snowfall, forest fire, or other ecological disaster,
    it is to be considered "state". Yet we have federal financial aid and FEMA to help out in all of the above.

Why should this be an exception, you hate Texas or something?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 16:58
    @AverageJoe1
    The whole power issue is the fault of the republican Texas state officials who knew it happened in 89, major power failure because of the cold, then again in 2011, no action, and now 2021 and same ole same ole.
    Repubs REFUSE to regulate the power company in Texas and THAT is exactly what led to the present dire situation.

Repubs want ZERO government, ZERO taxes, Zero money going to ANYONE but STILL RETAIN THEIR POLITICAL POWER AT ALL COSTS.

Who the hell needs winterizing? What a waste of money......
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 18:04
    @earl-of-trumps said
    U.S. Enemies Cry Hypocrisy as Millions in Texas Remain Without Power

The Biden administration should spend more time trying to take care of its own citizens in Texas and elsewhere than denouncing other countries, one report published in China suggested.
    ------------------

As was my sentiment when the US Congress made available, monies comingled wit ...[text shortened]... articles/2021-02-18/an-ordinary-country-with-serious-shortcomings-us-foes-blast-deadly-texas-outages
    That's what happens when you deliberately cut yourself off from the rest of the country's power grid.
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 19:14
    @athousandyoung said
    That's what happens when you deliberately cut yourself off from the rest of the country's power grid.
    So what do you think, dont look both ways, step in street, get killed. Goodness, please send me your hospital bill!
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 00:01
    @AverageJoe1
    What the HELL is that supposed to mean? Ignore the issue much? Can't admit your fellow repubs can't keep power going because THEY screwed it up THREE TIMES now in the last 30 years.

Deregulation, yep, a cure for madness.
  6. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 02:36
    @sonhouse said
    @AverageJoe1
    What the HELL is that supposed to mean? Ignore the issue much? Can't admit your fellow repubs can't keep power going because THEY screwed it up THREE TIMES now in the last 30 years.

Deregulation, yep, a cure for madness.
    You say 'fellow republicans'. May I have your permission to call the criminal Cuomo your fellow Democrat?. Relax, Sonhouse, Jesus.

Now, are you talking about the screwups in Texas? I dont live in Texas, Did we not stipulate that that is a problem of Texas? Yes they and I are Republican, so, yes my fellows.
    Obama is your 'fellow. Did he lie to us, that we could keep our doctor? Did he lie that we would get a $2500 windfall when Obamacare was passed, when in fact it COST us $2500.? This is a fact, Sonhouse, I aint making this up. It really hurt my maid, who was counting on all this.
    I suggest that you throttle back, the "New Trump Era, By Sonhouse, Series One, Episode One", has really got you pumping.
    Your stuff is overloading the system, please start a fresh thread when the civil suits start flying.
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 02:42
    @averagejoe1 said
    So what do you think, dont look both ways, step in street, get killed. Goodness, please send me your hospital bill!
    what this means is that if you do not prepare properly, you could get hurt. Like Texas, who knew it could get so cold.?????
    Last night, because I did not wrap my pipes, they froze, need new pipes. But after waiting all day, no one came from anywhere to fix my pipes. Sure, it was my fault, but should not the govt or somebody come fix my screwup?My granny says it is my problem, and that I should fix it. What do you think, Sonhouse? Should I take care of my own problems, or should someone else?
    Now, to quote your phrase above, what in the hell are YOU talking about?
    Lord, I have to turn on this Mac again in the morning. Another day. Laborious. Have you seen the stuff from Marauder over on Minimum Wage Primer? Better put your stuff in a safe.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 04:13

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Subscribershavixmironline
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 05:34
    @averagejoe1 said
    what this means is that if you do not prepare properly, you could get hurt. Like Texas, who knew it could get so cold.?????
    Last night, because I did not wrap my pipes, they froze, need new pipes. But after waiting all day, no one came from anywhere to fix my pipes. Sure, it was my fault, but should not the govt or somebody come fix my screwup?My granny says it i ...[text shortened]... ave you seen the stuff from Marauder over on Minimum Wage Primer? Better put your stuff in a safe.
    You’re 78 and your granny says you should take care of it yourself???

Texas surely has taken teenage pregnancy to a whole new level...
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 11:011 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    Republicans have no shame? Did you miss this post, that Biden is not at all concerned that America be the First, the Greatest. Better than England, Scotland Norway, Russia, Cuba, New Guinea, Mexico, Canada and about 190 more countries. Oh, and China.

Is that Shameful!!!! You guys have become a laughing stock on this Forum. I wonder if Biden liked his football t ...[text shortened]... Trump, Military School. God, I miss him.And I miss us being First.
    You won't comment on this.
    'First' in what?

What do you miss being first in?
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 12:10
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    'First' in what?

What do you miss being first in?
    The USA has allowed itself be victimized by other countries ....I have read 'Economic truculence'". Such as the way we had to try to rein China in and straighten up the tariff problem. And , our alliances in Europe in Asia can only work well if every country pays the fullest of their defense.
    So it follows that, if this is not corrected, we have to re-group. Re-group, restructure . This necessarily means that there is only one direction to do that, and that is UP. We are not going to go down into an abyss. We are going to excel against those countries by telling them to handle their own problems,and in doing so we will become FIRST in the order of nations. I think it is safe to say that they need us, we do not need them. Do you think for a MOMENT that the strong personality of Trump ( I didn't like him either) would have made any comment with the words "China eat our lunch" in it???
    Sincerely, AverageJoe.
  12. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 12:39
    @Earl-of-Trumps if Biden played like Trump, he would be laughing at Red Texas and tweeting how the Red GOP led state was totally responsible for the disaster and shouldn't get a dime from the Federal government. Instead, Biden is rushing to help Texas, as are other Dems like AOC.
  13. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 12:40
    @kevcvs57 and Texas was warned 10 years ago during a similar, but not nearly as serious, failure that they needed to insulate but they ignored the recommendations.
  14. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 12:43
    @AverageJoe1 Good grief, grow up already. World politics are not high school bullying. Trump made the U.S. an international laughing stock and he squandered our grip on being a world leader both politically and economically. Please go back to sleep.
  15. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    21 Feb '21 13:28
    @phranny said
    @kevcvs57 and Texas was warned 10 years ago during a similar, but not nearly as serious, failure that they needed to insulate but they ignored the recommendations.
    If TX did not heed the warning, why should the feds get involved? TX needs to clean uo their act. I just don't get your logic. TX ignores improving the system, and the feds have something to do with that?
    And where do you draw the line? There is little town in Mississippi that needs some money, they are over budget. You think the Fe Govt needs to send some people down there with a check book?
    Phranny, where do you authoritarian control freaks draw the line?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree