Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    01 Aug '09 00:51
    OK, folks, Michael Moore's new movie is due out this fall. It looks like he's going for the whole enchilada this time. No more dealing with mere symptoms, this time he's going for the very disease itself: capitalism. I'll be there on opening day. Will you?

    http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/capitalismalovestory/
  2. 01 Aug '09 02:16
    no
  3. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    01 Aug '09 02:37
    Originally posted by voltaire
    no
    :'(
  4. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    01 Aug '09 08:02 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    OK, folks, Michael Moore's new movie is due out this fall. It looks like he's going for the whole enchilada this time. No more dealing with mere symptoms, this time he's going for the very disease itself: capitalism. I'll be there on opening day. Will you?
    No. I will just wait and then download it illegally.
  5. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    01 Aug '09 08:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    No. I will just wait and then download it illegally.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQkActP-isE
  6. 01 Aug '09 09:05 / 1 edit
    It's a pity Michael Moore doesn't use his audience to get a real message across instead of just some vague pseudo-emotional nonsense. I guess it's just the American way of getting a message across, but still.
  7. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    01 Aug '09 09:50
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    It's a pity Michael Moore doesn't use his audience to get a real message across instead of just some vague pseudo-emotional nonsense.
    Audience & pseudo-emotional nonsense.

    The chicken and the egg revisited.
  8. 01 Aug '09 11:35
    Originally posted by rwingett
    OK, folks, Michael Moore's new movie is due out this fall. It looks like he's going for the whole enchilada this time. No more dealing with mere symptoms, this time he's going for the very disease itself: capitalism. I'll be there on opening day. Will you?

    http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/capitalismalovestory/
    Who the hell is Michael Moore?
  9. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    01 Aug '09 11:46
    Originally posted by Sartor Resartus
    Who the hell is Michael Moore?
    He's a "third-rate Mark Twain".
  10. 01 Aug '09 11:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    He's a "third-rate Mark Twain".
    Thank you, I shall not waste any more time on him.
  11. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    01 Aug '09 13:26
    Originally posted by rwingett
    OK, folks, Michael Moore's new movie is due out this fall. It looks like he's going for the whole enchilada this time. No more dealing with mere symptoms, this time he's going for the very disease itself: capitalism. I'll be there on opening day. Will you?

    http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/capitalismalovestory/
    "...the massive transfer of U.S. taxpayer money to private financial institutions."

    Doesn't know what capitalism is, oh dear, mikey is about to go down in flames.
  12. 01 Aug '09 13:43
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    It's a pity Michael Moore doesn't use his audience to get a real message across instead of just some vague pseudo-emotional nonsense. I guess it's just the American way of getting a message across, but still.
    Really its all that he is good at. Don't be so hard on him.

    So what would you have him do if it were up to you? How would you remove the capitalistic veil from the eyes of the masses? How would you preach the gospel of the social utopia?
  13. 01 Aug '09 13:44
    Originally posted by whodey
    Really its all that he is good at. Don't be so hard on him.

    So what would you have him do if it were up to you? How would you remove the capitalistic veil from the eyes of the masses? How would you preach the gospel of the social utopia?
    I don't oppose capitalism, so I think you're barking up the wrong tree.
  14. 01 Aug '09 13:46
    Originally posted by Sartor Resartus
    Who the hell is Michael Moore?
    Picture an ugly over weight foul mouthed funny guy.....with glasses to boot. Oh yea, I almost forgot, he has made a killing the very capitalistic system he derides. Perhaps he will share of some of that loot with poor saps like me?

    Give me an H. Give me an Y. Give me a P. Give me an O. Give me a C. Give me a R. Give me a C. Give me a I. Give me an T. Give me an E. What does it spell? It spells Michael Moore!!
  15. 01 Aug '09 13:53 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Sartor Resartus
    Who the hell is Michael Moore?
    This is a nice bio that Moore wouldn't like:

    http://www.weirdrepublic.com/episode73.htm