1. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 20:12
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The whole treatment in the bible is that of making homosexuality a disease, a depravity. We now know it is no such thing. So why would people still, in century 21 believe biblical edicts in the first place? It makes no sense whatsoever to keep following 3000 year old dogma.

People who follow the bible for this kind of morality stop thinking for themselves and just fall over and play dead in their bible besotted obedience.
    Actually its the people who cannot tell us why we should accept transgenders and homosexuality that seem to be having trouble I suspect because they have never thought about it. Ironic all things considered.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 20:131 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Oh, the irony.
    I think you meant to say, oh my hero! I love you Robbie. Don't go and drink your beer, even though it has delicious American Mosaic hops in it, stay with me and enlighten me.
  3. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 20:19
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    females is plural, males is plural, and rather damning for you is the fact that they do so towards one another [in like manner]. Oh dear. I don't mean to be rude but I actually have better things to do than remonstrate with people who do not want to accept the simple reality of a text.
    Females is plural because more than one of them is doing whatever it is that is contrary to nature. But likewise, men aren't making natural use of women, AND, not "by" or anything inclusive, but conjunction "and" doing something else - as in having relations with men, which again, would be redundant if your interpretation is correct.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 21:371 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 21:56
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Females is plural because more than one of them is doing whatever it is that is contrary to nature. But likewise, men aren't making natural use of women, AND, not "by" or anything inclusive, but conjunction "and" doing something else - as in having relations with men, which again, would be redundant if your interpretation is correct.
    now you are simply slobbering copious amounts of drool, give it up.
  6. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 21:57
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    We will probably never know what she decides to do, as I doubt she wants to be a public figure.

I did come across something which suggested that most South American countries have no specific rules about it, and will only deny you entry/residency if the crime is deemed threatening to their interests.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 21:591 edit
    Manning will sell his/her story to Rolling Stone and live off the interest. Look how Bruce Jenner was transformed from a B-rated talk show host into raking in the dollars by pushing the transgender theme for all the rainbow flag waving liberals to yelp to in harmonious resonance.
  8. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 22:11
    now you are simply slobbering copious amounts of drool, give it up.
    Dude! Your basic reading comprehension is compromised by your dogma. It doesn't say what you want it to say. It's poorly written, or poorly translated, and you and others obviously cite it in a desperate attempt to justify your ideology.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 22:13

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 22:172 edits
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Dude! Your basic reading comprehension is compromised by your dogma. It doesn't say what you want it to say. It's poorly written, or poorly translated, and you and others obviously cite it in a desperate attempt to justify your ideology.
    compromised? dogma? desperate? bwahahah 😀
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 22:19
    My goodness hanging out with all those Kardashians has turned Bruce into an airhead. Man he should drink more malt liquor instead of all that craft beer and get real again. He's wired to the moon for sure.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '17 01:271 edit
    Trump has released more from prison than any other President in US history. Over 500 of them had life sentences.

So is this an indictment of how screwed up the legal system is or an indictment of how screwed up Obama is?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '17 01:29
    William McCovey was pardoned for tax evasion. For those who don't know, he was a baseball player who made around $80,000 in in autographs and such.

So does this send message that the tax laws are too harsh or does it send the message that the President of the US simply enjoys showing partiality to certain Americans over others?
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '17 03:56
    Homosexuality in women does not negate the rationality of what I have said. I object to their practice on the basis that its anti biblical, this does not negate anything that I have previously stated and your objection is therefore moot. Homosexual men who do not have HIV again does not negate the argument for those that do and its ludicrous to thi ...[text shortened]... ational reasons. That you do not accept the reasons does not make them irrational or illogical.
    This is what you actually wrote:
    Actually I have provided rational reasons why I am against the practice of homosexuality. These range from having the highest ever recorded figures for HIV among homosexual males in the UK indicating to me that the practice is essentially destructive to an examination of the physiology of the human body leading me to the conclusion that its unnatural. These are valid and rational reasons. There is nothing irrational about them.

You can try to dance around it all you want. The fact is that to be "against the practice of homosexuality" and draw the conclusion that "it's unnatural" based on what you wrote doesn't logically follow. You can pretend that it does, but it doesn't. It's what bigots do. It's what you do. It is what it is.

You can also try to hide behind the belief that it is "anti Biblical", but that doesn't make it rational either. Just as the KKK hiding behind the belief that the mixing of races is "anti Biblical" doesn't make it rational.

The fact is that all you and the KKK have are YOUR interpretations of the Bible. There are other segments of Christianity that interpret the Bible very differently and hold very different beliefs from you and the KKK.

The fact is that the Bible, being what it is, is widely open to interpretation. There have long been segments of Christianity that have used the Bible as a weapon in furthering racism, xenophobia, sexism, homophobia, etc. That people believe that the Bible supports their irrational bigotry, does not in any way make that bigotry rational in and of itself.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Jan '17 05:30
    Originally posted by whodey
    William McCovey was pardoned for tax evasion. For those who don't know, he was a baseball player who made around $80,000 in in autographs and such.

So does this send message that the tax laws are too harsh or does it send the message that the President of the US simply enjoys showing partiality to certain Americans over others?
    McCovey is 79 years old, the offense occurred in 1988-90 and he served his sentence long ago. I doubt his pardon will be intrepreted by potential tax evaders that they can expect a free ride if caught.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree