1. weedhopper
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 19:22
    Originally posted by Barts
    I made the analogy because a couple of pages back you said you considered a person who had less luck (and because of that killed more people) worse. I quote:

Bart: Why ? The difference between a drunk driver who kills 0, 1 or 3 persons is the amount of luck he has. Does a difference in luck make a person worse ?
    PinkFloyd : I would say so.

Now you're sa ...[text shortened]... er than the poor schmuck who committed vehicular homicide with a BAL of 0.18, just luckier."
    I see your point, but in both cases I pointed to one person being luckier than the other. I will retract the point about one being worse than another simply by the blind luck that put them in a situation.
    Still, anyone who kills someone in a car (whether it be 1,2,or 500) needs to be given the ultimate punishment.
  2. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 23:14
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Hardly; your edit is a disingenuous rationalization. As KN points out, we do many acts of kindness to strangers with no expectation that we will ever encounter them again. And if you are really asserting that before you open a door for someone you are thinking "If I open this door, I'll get a thank you, so therefore I'm engaging in a trade" you're either A) Dishonest or B) Just plain weird.
    From what I've read over the years Wajoma would have to align himself with B).
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    28 Dec '10 02:15
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The fact that most of her main characters are heirs whose families made their fortune on stolen land is extremely ironic.
    Proof please.

Going to be difficult with fictional characters but you made the assertion so obviously you've got something to back it up.

"Only the man who does not need it, is fit to inherit wealth, the man who would make his fortune no matter where he started."
    Ayn Rand

Try some of her non-fiction.
  4. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    28 Dec '10 02:271 edit
    Originally posted by kmax87
    From what I've read over the years Wajoma would have to align himself with B).
    kn calls me autistic, you call me plain weird, I call you a lack-wit because of posts like this.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Dec '10 02:57
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Proof please.

Going to be difficult with fictional characters but you made the assertion so obviously you've got something to back it up.

"Only the man who does not need it, is fit to inherit wealth, the man who would make his fortune no matter where he started."
    Ayn Rand

Try some of her non-fiction.
    What policy prescriptions did Rand propose to prevent those unfit to inherit wealth from doing so?

Without these the statement is empty rhetoric.
  6. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    28 Dec '10 02:59
    What policy prescriptions did Rand propose to prevent those unfit to inherit wealth from doing so?

Without these the statement is empty rhetoric.
    It might be advice to those that have wealth to pass on, D, no need to be so contrary allllll the time eh.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Dec '10 03:02
    It might be advice to those that have wealth to pass on, D, no need to be so contrary allllll the time eh.
    Gee, I never thought of Rand as a mere Dear Abby substitute, but if that is the extent of her usefulness to you then so be it.
  8. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    28 Dec '10 03:08
    Gee, I never thought of Rand as a mere Dear Abby substitute, but if that is the extent of her usefulness to you then so be it.
    You, KN and kmax sure are on a streak, keep it up guys, says more about you than you realise.
  9. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    28 Dec '10 04:49
    You, KN and kmax sure are on a streak, keep it up guys, says more about you than you realise.
    well we know enough about you to know you re a whingher...😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree