Conservative beliefs simplified

Conservative beliefs simplified

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Jun 21

@earl-of-trumps said
@AThousandYoung - said
Rich people are those who make the majority of their income from passive sources like rental homes and stocks

Ya, so? Where did they get the money to invest? If it's so pimple, why doesn't everyone do it?
Sounds to me like the *smart ones* worked hard, saved their money, and invested. And the so-called
rich are amongst the hardest workers out there. Where's the crime here? I don't see one.
The rich are the hardest workers must be the most pathetic line you servile bootlickers keep pedaling.

The average 6th grade teacher works harder and is more socially usefully than every hedge fund manager in the world.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Jun 21

The funny thing is the right wing drones were nodding their head in agreement when the Donald was going after Amazon: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-08-18/amazon-postal-deal-that-trump-despises-is-actually-profitable

And guess what? Amazon and other big companies do get advantageous treatment not only from the USPS but from many other suppliers and vendors giving them a competitive advantage over small businesses. But this something the Earls of the world are too dumb to understand.

Lake Como

Moves
20 Jun 21

@no1marauder
You fellers must have missed my post, thousands of books TELL you how to prosper and be syccessful. Dont take it from me. If you are In your 20s, time is already on your side you will be rich by the time you’re 45. If you are in your 60s that will be a little more difficult but hey life ain’t perfect. You can still prosper.

Side note example. Buy 100 forested acres. Dont tell the seller, but after it closes, you sell off the timber (the forest) for almost enough to cover the purchase price! Then, it is your oyster. Sell for a profit, or develop it wth anout 75 FHA houses. Trust me, Buden will bankroll you ro get homeless in to houses (where they can pee on the floor, use bathtub to store firewood)

The timber idea? Im doing it now!

Lake Como

Moves
20 Jun 21

@no1marauder said
The funny thing is the right wing drones were nodding their head in agreement when the Donald was going after Amazon: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-08-18/amazon-postal-deal-that-trump-despises-is-actually-profitable

And guess what? Amazon and other big companies do get advantageous treatment not only from the USPS but from many other suppliers and vendor ...[text shortened]... vantage over small businesses. But this something the Earls of the world are too dumb to understand.
If your “ideal” Government had been around 20 some years ago, would they have ham-strung Steve Jobs or Bezos or Bill Gates? That’s just a question, but you have to answer it with common sense of what I am saying between the lines

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Jun 21

@averagejoe1 said
@no1marauder
You fellers must have missed my post, thousands of books TELL you how to prosper and be syccessful. Dont take it from me. If you are In your 20s, time is already on your side you will be rich by the time you’re 45. If you are in your 60s that will be a little more difficult but hey life ain’t perfect. You can still prosper.

Side note example. Buy 1 ...[text shortened]... re they can pee on the floor, use bathtub to store firewood)

The timber idea? Im doing it now!
Sure thousands of books sold to suckers.

Über-Nerd

Moves
20 Jun 21

@earl-of-trumps said
This is a good post, moonman. you hit some interesting points, however contentious.

Firstly, I want to start out by saying that when I got out of the hospital / rehab after several months absence,
I was quite shaky, and still am. I was so lucky to get the outpouring of support that I received and *still do*.
But this is so different from government support, it re ...[text shortened]...

My opinions, bub.

Oh, and as a Thoreou admirer, I have been to Walden Pond. Great experience.
I too have been to Walden Pond. Also toured Emerson's house. Sort of a pilgrimage for me.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
20 Jun 21

@no1marauder said

And guess what? Amazon and other big companies do get advantageous treatment not only from the USPS but from many other suppliers and vendor ...[text shortened]... vantage over small businesses. But this something the Earls of the world are too dumb to understand.
😴 😴 😴 [snore]

Meanwhile, one track runner got advantage by using a newly designed shoe 😴 😴 😴

Let me know when Bezos/Amazon commit a crime.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
20 Jun 21
1 edit

@moonbus said
I too have been to Walden Pond. Also toured Emerson's house. Sort of a pilgrimage for me.
The big three:

Ralph Waldo Emerson, Henry David Thoreau, And Walt Whitman
https://www.bartleby.com/essay/Ralph-Waldo-Emerson-Henry-David-Thoreau-And-FY5SX3FQ9X6
-------------------

All contemporaries and friends. And a little bragging here.
Ralph Waldo Emerson, Born in Boston Massachusetts
Henry David Thoreau, Born in Concord, Massachusetts
Walt Whitman, Born in New York

w

Moves
22 Jun 21

@Earl-of-Trumps

Did this thread ever figure out what conservative beliefs are? I thought it was limited government and fiscal responsibility but maybe I'm old school like that. I don't see it in any major political party.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
22 Jun 21
1 edit

@wildgrass said
@Earl-of-Trumps

Did this thread ever figure out what conservative beliefs are? I thought it was limited government and fiscal responsibility but maybe I'm old school like that. I don't see it in any major political party.
I think the right wingers' posts here can be summarized:

The wealthy are hard working and brilliant while most of the rest of us (esp. POC) are just barely useful peasants who would be utterly lost without someone commanding us what to do (see Loki's speech in The Avengers.

Any type of government policy that even slightly inconveniences these Man-Gods (like - shudder - making them pay taxes) is tyrannical and will lead inexorably to a Communist dictatorship.

About right?

Über-Nerd

Moves
22 Jun 21
1 edit

@wildgrass said
@Earl-of-Trumps

The Rep. party under Trump bears little resemblance to itself a generation ago, under Reagan for example.the Rep. party will have to get out from under the heal of its demagogue and re-invent itself, if it is to become a credible and viable voice. Otherwise, it will wilt as soon as Trump is discredited- and he will be.

m

Moves
22 Jun 21

@averagejoe1 said
If your “ideal” Government had been around 20 some years ago, would they have ham-strung Steve Jobs or Bezos or Bill Gates? That’s just a question, but you have to answer it with common sense of what I am saying between the lines
Yeah ...... and look what happened to them .....
They became extremely wealthy ...... liberals ..... πŸ˜›

Lake Como

Moves
23 Jun 21

@mghrn55 said
Yeah ...... and look what happened to them .....
They became extremely wealthy ...... liberals ..... πŸ˜›
All libs get so PERSONAL. YOU respond about 'them', do you? But AVJoe is referring to their accomplishments, which have benefitted the world.

You are so weak in these arguments. You have no idea what we conservatives are talking about, and it will be too late when you figure it out. too late. Without a thought, without thinking ahead, you would lead the authorities to shut down all that these guys do, because .............they are rich, and you are envious as hell.

Fables have been written about the reasoning of liberals. One that comes to mine......the farmer who killed the goose that was laying golden eggs. You and AOC, and everyone in between, are all about that. Losers all.

Come over to my house, we will sit in my living room and you tell me how you find fault with my success. Can't wait. How it affects you. Can't wait.

Lake Como

Moves
23 Jun 21

@no1marauder said
I think the right wingers' posts here can be summarized:

The wealthy are hard working and brilliant while most of the rest of us (esp. POC) are just barely useful peasants who would be utterly lost without someone commanding us what to do (see Loki's speech in The Avengers.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g_niOqohcY

Any type of government policy that even sli ...[text shortened]... them pay taxes) is tyrannical and will lead inexorably to a Communist dictatorship.

About right?
Here is where you libs blow it. Let's say my neighbor is who you are writing about? "Wealthy are hardworking and brilliant". Then, let's say "The rest of us" is me, living next door, 'barely useful peasants...."

YOu, Marauder, and your cohorts here on the Forum, for some reason are CONNECTING the lives of these two people. That is the fallacy. What has the wealth of neighbor #1 got to do with the un-wealthy neighbor #2?????????

I will stop right here. Can you please answer my question, which is the last sentence above? Can you do that? You neve answer questions, and you will not answer this one. Weenie.

w

Moves
23 Jun 21

@averagejoe1 said
Here is where you libs blow it. Let's say my neighbor is who you are writing about? "Wealthy are hardworking and brilliant". Then, let's say "The rest of us" is me, living next door, 'barely useful peasants...."

YOu, Marauder, and your cohorts here on the Forum, for some reason are CONNECTING the lives of these two people. That is the fallacy. What has the wea ...[text shortened]... ce above? Can you do that? You neve answer questions, and you will not answer this one. Weenie.
Joe - how'd you turn this thread about conservative beliefs into a thread about libs blowing it?

What do conservatives have to offer? Culture wars, mandated religion, mandated patriotism, they can't stop spending your money on corporate welfare. They have good ideas (maybe even great ideas) but can't get their heads off the pavement to work towards a better America. They have no platform, no agenda, no principles other than "OWN THE LIBS".