1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Jun '21 21:56
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Nobody said anything about "working", Moon guy. No1Marauder specifically stated wealth derived from "rent".
    Yes, rent as defined in economics, which goes beyond payment for occupying real property as the article explained which you would know IF you had bothered to read them.
  2. SubscriberEarl of Trumpsonline
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    25 Jun '21 00:45
    @no1marauder said
    Yes, rent as defined in economics, which goes beyond payment for occupying real property as the article explained which you would know IF you had bothered to read them.
    We all know what RENT is.
    So since you did not put your special definition of the word RENT into your explanation, you misled people.

why am I not surprised. And tell me, what exactly were you trying to tell us about the billionaires?
    Whatever it was I am sure you meant to belittle them and what you wrote as is, certainly was all of that
  3. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    25 Jun '21 02:49
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Nobody said anything about "working", Moon guy. No1Marauder specifically stated wealth derived from "rent".
    Marxists can only speak in relevance to 'laboring'. That is what they don't understand , how people can make moiety when they don't rolll up their sleeves and .....work. Some people 'think',and dont do hard labor, but in that setting, the people around them will benefit. Or,, instead, they will kill him (tax him to death, whatever) and then go find someone else to give them a job!!!

Why don't you libs get it? Why I could us scream.
  4. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Jun '21 17:04
    @averagejoe1 said
    Marxists can only speak in relevance to 'laboring'. That is what they don't understand , how people can make moiety when they don't rolll up their sleeves and .....work. Some people 'think',and dont do hard labor, but in that setting, the people around them will benefit. Or,, instead, they will kill him (tax him to death, whatever) and then go find someone else to give them a job!!!

This post has nothing to do with "conservative beliefs". Conservatives who used to believe in limited government and fiscal responsibility now want to defund the military, spend trillion dollar deficits and force the use of body cams to make sure no one strays from their message.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    25 Jun '21 17:11
    @averagejoe1 said

Some people do hard labor, some think...

...and then there are the capitalists.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Jun '21 17:51
    @earl-of-trumps said
    We all know what RENT is.
    So since you did not put your special definition of the word RENT into your explanation, you misled people.

why am I not surprised. And tell me, what exactly were you trying to tell us about the billionaires?
    Whatever it was I am sure you meant to belittle them and what you wrote as is, certainly was all of that
    Actually my post had a whole paragraph explaining the economic definition of "rent".

Guess you didn't read that either.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    25 Jun '21 21:18
    @wildgrass said
    This post has nothing to do with "conservative beliefs". Conservatives who used to believe in limited government and fiscal responsibility now want to defund the military, spend trillion dollar deficits and force the use of body cams to make sure no one strays from their message.
    "Used to," yup. The conservative party in America has come off the rails. Now they just want to obstruct anything the other party does and squeak through the mid-term elections. That's a piss poor agenda, if you ask me.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    25 Jun '21 21:20
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Please! Bezos and Gates did NOT get the bulk of their fortune "renting".

So far you have attempted to debunk 2 of 25 and so far, you have failed. The narrative that No1 pushed is bogus as hell
    "In economics, “rents” is a word that means “leveraging control over something that already exists, such as land, knowledge, or money, to increase your wealth,”"

In plain English, it means spending other peoples' money to make money for oneself. That's how rich people get rich: they make other peoples' money work for them.
  9. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    25 Jun '21 21:571 edit
    @no1marauder said
    Actually my post had a whole paragraph explaining the economic definition of "rent".

Guess you didn't read that either.
    I don't think we are doing 'philosophy', a challenger to one to write the most confusing post defining rent. To most folks, it is money paid by someone who is using something owned by someone else. You could loan me your saw, or you might ask me to pay you for my use of the saw.
    I could write this more clearly if you would like, all I have to do is jumble the words a bit.
    Is the Forum an experience venue to you, where you enjoy writing things just a bit off-kilter? What ever happened to plain english. You been 'a hangin round Duchess too long.
  10. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    25 Jun '21 22:121 edit
    @wildgrass said
    Well, wild grass, I could say to you that liberals used to be all about free speech, but now they are pushing to stop using certain words in our society. Tyranical, control freaks, what? So we are no worse than libs, you flipped 180 on your war to keep protect free speech! Whew.

Here is an example, words dreamed up by Brandies U.

Policeman, trigger, crazy, walk-in, take a shot at,.....and, You Guys!

And how bout this ...I have always Hated the phrase 'you guys', and got into an argument with the libs about it, months ago. It makes no sense, when girls are sometimes in the subject group, it is not just guys in the group. I just hate that, I just hate it!!! So, I was ahead of Brandeis on that ! Ho Hum.
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    25 Jun '21 22:24

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree