1. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    19 Mar '24 16:21
    https://reason.com/2024/03/14/bidens-proposed-corporate-tax-hike-will-punish-the-average-american/

So MANY reasons, how about restricting corporations investing more in the company. Do y'all REALLY think Biden has the best minds when it comes to economics?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Mar '24 16:38
    @averagejoe1 said
    https://reason.com/2024/03/14/bidens-proposed-corporate-tax-hike-will-punish-the-average-american/

So MANY reasons, how about restricting corporations investing more in the company. Do y'all REALLY think Biden has the best minds when it comes to economics?
    Once again, your argument is crap when your given is crap.
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    19 Mar '24 17:111 edit
    @averagejoe1 said

Your thread title is simply a lie
    Low corporate taxation is sucking the lifeblood out of the US economy and spraying it all over cheap foreign labour / minimal regulation economies.
    Don’t be so freaking stupid
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    19 Mar '24 17:57
    @suzianne said
    Once again, your argument is crap when your given is crap.
    No, no, no ....it is not me! It is Reason.com.
    I'm like you, I say let us all go where the money is and just take it. This year, and e ery year thereafter. Get the full monte. I have heard 90% batted around, but frankly, even getting that much, the rich will still have money to live on. Each year. Get the same amount from them each year, which would be enough, each year and every year thereafter. Everyone would have a joyous life, as would the rich, cranking out the money for all of us to live on.
  5. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    19 Mar '24 17:58
    @kevcvs57 said
    Your thread title is simply a lie
    Low corporate taxation is sucking the lifeblood out of the US economy and spraying it all over cheap foreign labour / minimal regulation economies.
    Don’t be so freaking stupid
    Sueperson and Kev have weighed in in tandem. The thread runs like clockwork!
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Mar '24 19:31
    @AverageJoe1
    You mean like the Trump tax bribe, 2 trillion less tax, Trump says corps will use the windfall to build American factories, bla bla bla, but what they really did was stock buy backs so their bottom line got better, no new factories no new jobs.
    Reason is full of shyte. Ask yourself who paid for that paper? I bet it wasn't the red cross.
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Mar '24 01:15
    @sonhouse said
    @AverageJoe1
    You mean like the Trump tax bribe, 2 trillion less tax, Trump says corps will use the windfall to build American factories, bla bla bla, but what they really did was stock buy backs so their bottom line got better, no new factories no new jobs.
    Reason is full of shyte. Ask yourself who paid for that paper? I bet it wasn't the red cross.
    '...that paper.."?? what?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Mar '24 03:47
    @averagejoe1 said
    Sueperson and Kev have weighed in in tandem. The thread runs like clockwork!
    Just trying to introduce you to a thing we like to call "reality".
  9. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    20 Mar '24 05:02
    @averagejoe1 said

If you knew anything about how our tax code works, you'd stop posting this nonsense.

Why do you insist on letting websites do your thinking. Can't you think for yourself?
  10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    20 Mar '24 06:19
    @mchill said
    If you knew anything about how our tax code works, you'd stop posting this nonsense.

Why do you insist on letting websites do your thinking. Can't you think for yourself?
    Duh.
  11. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    20 Mar '24 06:471 edit
    @mchill said

mchill, you don't know how the tax code works the number of people that actually do are few in number, if any, tax codes extend to many thousands of pages. You might make it through 5 pages.
  12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    20 Mar '24 08:381 edit
    @wajoma said
    mchill, you don't know how the tax code works the number of people that actually do are few in number, if any, tax codes extend to many thousands of pages. You might make it through 5 pages.
    For average earning wage slaves it’s quite simple. You just ascertain how much your average billionaire pays and quadruple that figure to find out how much tax you pay, this tax gap will rise if trump is elected
    Or you could find out the current tax threshold ( how much you can earn tax free ) and then deduct whatever the current PAYE tax rate is from the remainder
  13. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Mar '24 09:50
    @suzianne said
    Just trying to introduce you to a thing we like to call "reality".
    And I thank you for that. Could you please apply your reality to our government requiring its citizens to pay the tutiion loans of citizens who have taken out said tuition loans? Would it not follow, under your reality concept, that the government could require us to provide a car to the borrowers?
    After that, I will ask you to apply reality to Biden family receiving no judgement regarding non-payment of taxes on millions. Sonhhouse, please hold back.
  14. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Mar '24 09:55
    @wajoma said
    Certainly i believe McHill knows the tax code. And I would love hjs studied opinion on applying the eighth amendment to the exorbitant rulling against Trump in NYC.
  15. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    20 Mar '24 09:59
    @mchill said

That would be Marauder. What happened to him, anyway? And hey, I'm the guy you fellers have chided for NOT using links. Whew. You smart enough to know the tax code? I'm not seeing it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree