Def of Woke

Def of Woke

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lake Como

Moves
197d

@zahlanzi said
we aren't going personal because we're liberals. we do so because you're dumb and mean, lack any empathy towards others, you're ignorant and proud of.

we do it because you're an objectively bad person
Simply put, I think that you detect 'lack of empathy' because I do not subscribe to your beliefs that productive people should support the non-productive. Shav says give everyone free housing, for god sake.
In every post on this subject, I have always said that we have 40M desparate people that the government should take care of. I say it all the time. From there, people need to take care of themselves, and definitely charitable. Isn't that logical? You dependent types want the stuff of other people. Absolutely astounding.
That's about it, nothing to add, which would just set off segues in your mind, you would change the subject.

You want the stuff of other people, Zahlanzi.

Lake Como

Moves
197d

@suzianne said
But all you end up doing is talking about yourself, your rich buddies and your white 'culture'.
Our opinions derive from our experiences, so yes, if I have friends I play golf with, some with, some without, responsible independent friends whom I am proud to know. I am not talking 'about;' them or myself, only what I learn from here and there.
White people are not a culture, so you would have to expound on that. For instance, since I know absolutely no one who has a tattoo, it is reasonable for me to find those with to be of a somewhat diff culture than myself. Please be big about it and agree that I have a point.
You misread me. Is it not a given on the Forum that no one 'changes' anyone? And how can you fault my beliefs of independence and self reliance?

Lake Como

Moves
197d

@kevcvs57 said
Hahaha yeah it instantly occurred to me when I read his definition that the only person more woke than Joe was his dear leader
Imagine lacking that much self awareness, it must be great in the way that being a toddler is great
You speak of Trump? You really think that he needs and depends on people like the WOke do>? Come back around on that one.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
197d

@AverageJoe1
Yeah, he has such GREAT friends, like Eastman, Rudy, Cheeseman, Jim Jordan, Matt Gaetz, ALL SUCH PILLARS of the community.

Now THREE folks have flipped on your grifter in chief in Georgia and more WILL follow so that particular witch hunt is getting serious traction now.
And OF COURSE you Trump cultists are totally convinced it is all nonsense since you KNOW since your Trump cult leader himself TOLD you the election has millions of fraudulent votes, that makes it so BECAUSE your cult leader told you so.......

Lake Como

Moves
197d
1 edit

@sonhouse said
@AverageJoe1
Yeah, he has such GREAT friends, like Eastman, Rudy, Cheeseman, Jim Jordan, Matt Gaetz, ALL SUCH PILLARS of the community.

Now THREE folks have flipped on your grifter in chief in Georgia and more WILL follow so that particular witch hunt is getting serious traction now.
And OF COURSE you Trump cultists are totally convinced it is all nonsense since you KNO ...[text shortened]... ction has millions of fraudulent votes, that makes it so BECAUSE your cult leader told you so.......
I hear you. To encapsulate, it he is guilty then I will look for another leader, a leader as good as he was. I will take a dog kicker, a cusser, an unkempt man with bad breath as long as he can guide us all to prosperity as did Trump during his non-war years, where each household averaged a $5500 increase in income. Some may have missed the train, but no one I know. You were probably in an anti-trump parade while we were racking up good returns.
Do you know that, today, 60% of us DISAPPROVE of Biden's job on economy. The 5% GDP jump is but a small part of our economy. Young people cannot buy a house.
Inflation got to 9%, but it is still twice as high as it was when he took office. Your hero just found out (Gallup poll) tht his approval rting among Dems has dropped by 11%.
So don't tout old Joe too much. Can you imagine running his campaign for presidency?

Lake Como

Moves
197d

@sonhouse said
@AverageJoe1
Yeah, he has such GREAT friends, like Eastman, Rudy, Cheeseman, Jim Jordan, Matt Gaetz, ALL SUCH PILLARS of the community
See...here is an example of friendly disagreement. You dont like Jordan, I like him A LOT. A very effective tenacious leader. I do not like Matt Gaetz. Yet, you group them together on a post to me.'
An example not being able to respond to a lib post.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
195d

So I have read a bit and was astonished to see that the word has originated in the 1930's.

To be "woke" means to be aware of Racism and solcial inequality (especially in the USA).

That has been important in the 1930. (Or does anybody here claim, that it was not a rassistic society in the USA?) And it is important today.

Lake Como

Moves
195d

But setting aside the def of Woke for a moment, what is def of Social Injustice? Are you saying that it is unjust for a person to be white, or unjust for a person to be black, or Asian or Inuit?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
195d

@averagejoe1 said
See...here is an example of friendly disagreement. You dont like Jordan, I like him A LOT. A very effective tenacious leader. I do not like Matt Gaetz. Yet, you group them together on a post to me.'
An example not being able to respond to a lib post.
They're both Trump minions.

w

Moves
195d

@averagejoe1 said
It has been right in front of me all this time. A person who decides to be woke wakes up in the morning, and the first thing he has to do is broadcast himself to one or more other people, about whatever is on his mind. Save the Bears, One Child Per Family, Free Stuff…. whatever.He cannot be woke on his own …..to be so, would be meaningless. So, in effect, this person is a ...[text shortened]... Enlightenment, compliments of AvJoe. Those who are woke need, NEED, to key off of others. Yuk.
This word is being written into laws, legislation, with the intended meaning far removed from what a dictionary says. If we go with tchsouths definition then we have a weaponized grievance being used by Florida and Arkansas governors as tools for their culture wars.

Lake Como

Moves
195d

@suzianne said
They're both Trump minions.
No doubt. I wish they would surprise Biden out of his afternoon nap. Trump doesn't nap, he hardly sleeps.

Lake Como

Moves
195d

@wildgrass said
This word is being written into laws, legislation, with the intended meaning far removed from what a dictionary says. If we go with tchsouths definition then we have a weaponized grievance being used by Florida and Arkansas governors as tools for their culture wars.
Ha, Wgrass references Culture Wars!!
Now, that wasn't hard was it? You've abandoned Suzianne for the proper acknowledgement of the difference in peoples.
(funny, i never typed peoples before.)

w

Moves
194d
1 edit

@averagejoe1 said
Ha, Wgrass references Culture Wars!!
Now, that wasn't hard was it? You've abandoned Suzianne for the proper acknowledgement of the difference in peoples.
(funny, i never typed peoples before.)
A definition of culture wars - government bans on personal activities that government don't like. Examples include reproductive health care, bedroom activities, reading certain books, teaching certain concepts.

That was much easier than defining woke eh?

People are different Joe, but banning things we don't like is a path towards, well you know. We prefer some freedom.

Lake Como

Moves
194d

@wildgrass said
A definition of culture wars - government bans on personal activities that government don't like. Examples include reproductive health care, bedroom activities, reading certain books, teaching certain concepts.

That was much easier than defining woke eh?

People are different Joe, but banning things we don't like is a path towards, well you know. We prefer some freedom.
Government doesn't like our personal activities? Which ones?
What has govt got to do with reproduction of its citizens? And health care is something that someone who is alive does (FOR HIMSELF) to stay alive, so I don't get you there. The govt never contacts me about my health care. What in the HELL are you talking about?"
Govt has nothing to do with bedroom activities. Wachootalkin' bout...Jesus.
The last two you list are parental guidance matters....If we have liberal government, the one you speak of, the books that you are pushing, like Johnny loves Billy, fly in the face of parents who are trying to raise normal children.
I would LOVE for you to come back with 'What is Normal, Joe?" Cause if you do, you will be outing yourself to the Forum that you yourself are hardly normal. Like Marauder likes to stir us up preaching Marxism, you would likely do the same with your aberrant ideas. Brrrrrrrrrr

w

Moves
194d

@averagejoe1 said
Government doesn't like our personal activities? Which ones?
What has govt got to do with reproduction of its citizens? And health care is something that someone who is alive does (FOR HIMSELF) to stay alive, so I don't get you there. The govt never contacts me about my health care. What in the HELL are you talking about?"
Govt has nothing to do with bedroom a ...[text shortened]... stir us up preaching Marxism, you would likely do the same with your aberrant ideas. Brrrrrrrrrr
I was only pointing out that culture wars in this case are defined by government regulation.

If you don't like government regulation, you would be against political culture wars.