1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 18:431 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Yes, the "goal post has moved" from the acceptance of many violations of Natural Rights that you and Judge Moore supported to their disapproval.

It's highly doubtful you'd approve of what Jefferson thought of as God.http://www.monticello.org/site/research-and-collections/jeffersons-religious-beliefs

Christian Fundamentalists like you and Judge Moor ...[text shortened]... often criticize him for saying there should be a "wall of separation between Church and State".
    Did I say Christian? No. What Jefferson did say in the Declaration was that God gave man certain rights. No amount of redefining words, ignoring texts, or rewriting them will ever erase this fact.

The implication of which is that there is a higher authority other than Obama and the Supremes, a very important reality.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 18:48
    Originally posted by whodey
    Did I say Christian? No. What Jefferson did say in the Declaration was that God gave man certain rights. No amount of redefining words, ignoring texts, or rewriting them will ever erase this fact.
    Actually it says "that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights". It also says "all men are created equal".
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 18:50
    Actually it says "that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights". It also says "all men are created equal".
    So if men decide if we are all equal then man can later decide otherwise.

When it comes down to it, who really cares what you or I or Jefferson believe? In the end there is truth and there is man made truth.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 18:52
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "Our rights do not come from God. That’s your faith, that’s my faith, but that’s not our country."

how about you chill and stop with the tantrums.

he is right. US was not founded to be a christian nation. these rights are yours regardless of who you believe in and who crated you.
    If there is a God then such a God reigns supreme. Man can counter him as they wish, but in the end, they will lose if they do.

Men used to believe that their rulers were god in the flesh. Such thinking actually matters.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 18:57
    So if men decide if we are all equal then man can later decide otherwise.

When it comes down to it, who really cares what you or I or Jefferson believe? In the end there is truth and there is man made truth.
    Not really. We may do whatever we please but if we ignore our basic Nature our societies will be filled with strife.

There are many Men who think they are in possession of an ultimate truth derived from texts written by Men. You are one of them; I am not.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 19:02
    Interesting coincidence; "Jefferson's Secret Bible" just started on the Smithsonian Channel.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 19:11
    If there is a God then such a God reigns supreme. Man can counter him as they wish, but in the end, they will lose if they do.

Men used to believe that their rulers were god in the flesh. Such thinking actually matters.
    Well, your god did tell you not to question your rulers.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 19:40
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Well, your god did tell you not to question your rulers.
    Where did you hear that? Jesus called them a brood of vipers and hypocrites.

Then again, I guess that's not questioning them. 😛
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 19:41
    Not really. We may do whatever we please but if we ignore our basic Nature our societies will be filled with strife.

There are many Men who think they are in possession of an ultimate truth derived from texts written by Men. You are one of them; I am not.
    Society is filled with strife because we do ignore our basic nature.

The question becomes, why and what to do about it?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 19:42
    Interesting coincidence; "Jefferson's Secret Bible" just started on the Smithsonian Channel.
    Yea, the only time you seem interested in what Jefferson thought. 😵
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 19:461 edit
    Where did you hear that? Jesus called them a brood of vipers and hypocrites.

Then again, I guess that's not questioning them. 😛
    He did?

How about Matthew 22:21; Mark 12:17 and Luke 20:25?

How about what Paul said in Romans 13:1-2?
  12. Germany
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 19:48
    Where did you hear that?
    You can find it in a book called "the Bible."
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 19:52
    Yea, the only time you seem interested in what Jefferson thought. 😵
    You're a pathetic and unapologetic liar.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 23:10
    Declaration Of Independence has the biggest lie ever told in the beginning with the absurd claim "All men are created equal".
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 23:23
    Right wingers on this site never cease to amaze; they have been almost unanimous in ridiculing the philosophy of Natural Rights yet now seek to use someone's questioning whether God provided them as fodder against "progressives" (whatever that means in WhodeySpeak).

Of course, the answer to that question is not "either/or"; Natural Rights come from Ma ...[text shortened]... one can reach the conclusion that humans have Natural Rights with a Creator God or without one.
    Ok, you deny that Natural Rights come from God or a Creator. You, like many others, believe in a reality defined by man. Way to state the obvious.

Way to distance yourself from those who wrote the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree