1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 03:191 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You're a pathetic and unapologetic liar.
    And your a drama queen.

We both know that Jefferson would have been appalled at the behemoth centralized federal government and central bank.

Of course, you favor it, which is why I assumed you were not much of a fan.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 03:221 edit
    He did?

How about Matthew 22:21; Mark 12:17 and Luke 20:25?

How about what Paul said in Romans 13:1-2?
    Looking up Bible verses are we?

In a nut shell, Jesus said to render to Ceaser what is Ceasers and to obey the laws of the land, so long as they do not conflict with the will of God/natural law.

Again, natural law is greater to the Christian than the laws of the statist, which is why statists cringe at the suggestion of a greater power.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 03:26
    Idiots do a lot of laughing. But the scientific evidence that Man has a specific nature composed of hard wired tendencies is overwhelming.
    Which is why no one can agree on it. LOL.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 03:28
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    I believe our rights come from God, and this country was founded on Christian principles.
    You are I are about the only ones here like that I think.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 10:51
    Originally posted by whodey

In a nut shell, Jesus said to render to Ceaser what is Ceasers and to obey the laws of the land, so long as they do not conflict with the will of God/natural law.

Again, natural law is greater to the Christian than the laws of the statist, which is why statists cringe at the suggestion of a greater power.
    you tea party nutjobs have nothing in common with jesus.

you don't feed the poor and the hungry, you don't want to heal the sick. you worship the dollar, praise the wealthy. you value the individual instead of the community.

it is funny that the biggest religious nuts in your country are also tea party republicans. it's like peta protesting animal cruelty while dressed in furs.
  6. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 11:411 edit
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    I believe our rights come from God, and this country was founded on Christian principles.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ideological_Origins_of_the_American_Revolution

http://wikisum.com/w/Wood:_The_creation_of_the_American_republic

Christians may have been involved (after all, there were a lot of them) but it is very difficult to identify what is specifically Christian in all of this. Did Christ preach the separation of powers?
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 13:281 edit

You're awful "statist" about what a women can do with the contents of her own body, aren't you?

What did Paul say in Romans 13:1-2?
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 13:42
    And your a drama queen.

We both know that Jefferson would have been appalled at the behemoth centralized federal government and central bank.

Of course, you favor it, which is why I assumed you were not much of a fan.
    It's hard to say what Jefferson would think now. He'd probably be astonished at how large and powerful the US has become. He wasn't an inflexible thinker; maybe he'd admit that Hamilton had been right and he had been wrong about the economic course the country should take. It's fair to say that the country certainly would have never reached the prosperity and power it achieved if it had stayed true to a cramped vision reliant on yeoman farmers which is what Jefferson often espoused.

I like Jefferson very much and find little in the DOI to quibble with. That I don't think he got everything right doesn't mean I think he got everything wrong. I'm not the fanatic you are.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 13:45
    Which is why no one can agree on it. LOL.
    Again, idiots do a lot of laughing. And a lot of ignoring the evidence.

Others seem to be bothered by the false notion that to admit that there is a Natural Law means that one has to admit that there is a Creator God. But Grotius dismissed that notion almost 400 years ago.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 15:072 edits
    You're awful "statist" about what a women can do with the contents of her own body, aren't you?

What did Paul say in Romans 13:1-2?
    Why do you keep bringing up scripture as if it mattered to you?

Like a lawyer, you seek scripture only to find fault with those who adhere to it. Like a lawyer, you accuse me of violating scripture by questioning those in authority over me, by suggesting that it is actually a sin to hold God's law above that of man.

Why then was Jesus nailed to a cross? Why then were all of his apostles martyred? Why was even Paul, who wrote most of the NT imprisoned by Rome and later executed by the Roman government? Why were Christians routinely thrown to the lions? Was it for being docile and submissive? Why did Jesus state that all of the blood of the prophets were upon the heads of the kings of Israel and the people of Israel for putting them to death rather than endure listening to the truth? The truth is, statists and the collectivist empires they create are killing machines.

What would Jesus say about abortion do you reckon? To think that I were to remain silent about the weakest and most vulnerable human beings being oppressed and killed is mind boggling to me.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 15:122 edits
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    you tea party nutjobs have nothing in common with jesus.

you don't feed the poor and the hungry, you don't want to heal the sick. you worship the dollar, praise the wealthy. you value the individual instead of the community.

it is funny that the biggest religious nuts in your country are also tea party republicans. it's like peta protesting animal cruelty while dressed in furs.
    I could provide study after study showing that those of faith give far more of the time and money to the poor, but you would not care. You would rather vote for people who would force you to give them money to do the work for you. Odd, isn't it? You would rather give money to the various corrupt governments around the world all in the hopes that they throw some of the crumbs to the poor? Meanwhile, they use the vast amount of their money to do things like attack various countries around the world and police the rest with killer drones. Then we hear the chorus of those who purport to want to help the poor more in order to obtain votes, but always seem to fall short. Shrug, they are politicians, they are suppose to lie, right?

You suggest that I don't care for the sick when here in the US we have witnessed government health care at work with the VA. Veterans, who are the most worthy of all of health care, are put on secret lists to die and be ignored because they are too sick and too costly for the state to treat. This is what you want for us all? In the interim, those in power plot to provide illegal aliens health care instead?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 15:16
    Again, idiots do a lot of laughing. And a lot of ignoring the evidence.

Others seem to be bothered by the false notion that to admit that there is a Natural Law means that one has to admit that there is a Creator God. But Grotius dismissed that notion almost 400 years ago.
    Well then, whatever Grotius thinks is swell with me. Perhaps we should make him our source of all truthiness? 😛
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 15:18
    I could provide study after study showing that those of faith give far more of the time and money to the poor, but you would not care.
    Sure, but not every religious person is a Teabagger nutjob. In fact, most of us despise the far right as much as we despise the far left, much though Teabagger nutjobs would like to claim Christianity and disdain for your neighbour go together Reveal Hidden Content
    hint: Jesus himself said they don't
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 16:292 edits
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Sure, but not every religious person is a Teabagger nutjob. In fact, most of us despise the far right as much as we despise the far left, much though Teabagger nutjobs would like to claim Christianity and disdain for your neighbour go together [hidden]hint: Jesus himself said they don't[/hidden].
    First of all, calling people a "teabagger" is derogatory and dismissive. These people have concerns about their government and have a right to voice those concerns just like yourself, assuming you ever had any.

Just like the apostles in the days of old, they will be marginalized, oppressed, and perhaps worse. Given the message of Revelation, someday those who do not accept the statist "mark" will all be lined up and beheaded.

The killing will continue.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 16:42
    First of all, calling people a "teabagger" is derogatory and dismissive. These people have concerns about their government and have a right to voice those concerns just like yourself, assuming you ever had any.

Just like the apostles in the days of old, they will be marginalized, oppressed, and perhaps worse. Given the message of Revelation, someday thos ...[text shortened]... o not accept the statist "mark" will all be lined up and beheaded.

The killing will continue.
    Having the right to express your opinion is not the same as having immunity to being ridiculed when your opinion is ridiculous.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree