F-35

F-35

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

Moves
25 Feb 21

Z

Moves
25 Feb 21

@wildgrass said
$1,700 Billion. That's 8.8 x the net worth of Jeff Bezos. Down the toilet. Lockheed Martin should have to give us back this money... ridiculous

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2021/02/23/the-us-air-force-just-admitted-the-f-35-stealth-fighter-has-failed/
We Can'T AFfoRd MeDiCAre foR AlL !

w

Moves
25 Feb 21

@zahlanzi said
We Can'T AFfoRd MeDiCAre foR AlL !
It's all pearl clutching fiscal conservatism unless its a trillion dollar military project which provides no tangible benefit for anyone except defense contractors and lobbyists.

w

Moves
25 Feb 21
1 edit

@Duchess64

Here's a fun point of comparison: It costs $36,000 per hour to operate an F-35. The median yearly income of a fully employed American citizen (working 2,000 hours) is about the same. Lockheed is robbing us blind with no end in sight. Whose responsibility is it to pump the brakes on this project? Seems like lots of politicians are clutching pearls about the financial cost of infrastructure projects, but this boondoggle yields exactly zero in terms of tangible benefit to Americans (unless I guess we consider the hypothetical need to defend an aircraft carrier, right?)

MB

Moves
25 Feb 21

@wildgrass said
$1,700 Billion. That's 8.8 x the net worth of Jeff Bezos. Down the toilet. Lockheed Martin should have to give us back this money... ridiculous

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2021/02/23/the-us-air-force-just-admitted-the-f-35-stealth-fighter-has-failed/
Invading countries that don't sell oil in US dollars is expensive, but the profits to the Federal Reserve System are much greater than that. They should have to pay for it, but we do instead.

Do you see how you are being fleeced? You don't benefit much from the US dollar being the world reserve currency, but you pay for maintaining with coup attempts and invasions.

Do you resent the money changers yet?

w

Moves
25 Feb 21

@metal-brain said
Invading countries that don't sell oil in US dollars is expensive, but the profits to the Federal Reserve System are much greater than that. They should have to pay for it, but we do instead.

Do you see how you are being fleeced? You don't benefit much from the US dollar being the world reserve currency, but you pay for maintaining with coup attempts and invasions.

Do you resent the money changers yet?
I resent the politicians who pretend to be fiscally responsible with tax dollars. They're on the Senate floor now arguing that we shouldn't have libraries anymore if they can't be self-sufficient, but the same person supports a program to develop and build fancy jets that don't do anything but cost thousands of times more than the library line item.

D

Moves
25 Feb 21

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
25 Feb 21
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I think the average American must be thicker than a wall built of metal brains.

D

Moves
25 Feb 21

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
25 Feb 21

@wildgrass said

Here's a fun point of comparison: It costs $36,000 per hour to operate an F-35. The median yearly income of a fully employed American citizen (working 2,000 hours) is about the same. Lockheed is robbing us blind with no end in sight. Whose responsibility is it to pump the brakes on this project? Seems like lots of politicians are clutching pearls about the financial cost ...[text shortened]... o Americans (unless I guess we consider the hypothetical need to defend an aircraft carrier, right?)
The tangible benefit is that your FIAT currency is still the relatively stable world currency. Given all the quantitive easing since 2008 and the trillion dollar tax cuts by 45, what other than American military might prevents the Dollar from hyper inflating?

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
25 Feb 21

@wildgrass said
@Duchess64

Here's a fun point of comparison: It costs $36,000 per hour to operate an F-35. The median yearly income of a fully employed American citizen (working 2,000 hours) is about the same. Lockheed is robbing us blind with no end in sight. Whose responsibility is it to pump the brakes on this project? Seems like lots of politicians are clutching pearls about the fin ...[text shortened]... o Americans (unless I guess we consider the hypothetical need to defend an aircraft carrier, right?)
Welcome to the world of the Vast Military-Industrial Complex. Should we believe Eisenhower now?

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
26 Feb 21

@earl-of-trumps said
Welcome to the world of the Vast Military-Industrial Complex. Should we believe Eisenhower now?
Interestingly Ike only had an opinion about it as he was leaving office, whereas JFK made the mistake of trying to be a dove. I'm not sure it worked out that well for him.

D

Moves
26 Feb 21
1 edit

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
26 Feb 21

The post that was quoted here has been removed
So he was a nuclear hawk on China but initiated a nuclear test ban treaty with the Soviets. A complex man it would seem.

D

Moves
26 Feb 21