1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 03:551 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    I simply don't get the mentality that possesses one to attack a total stranger who's feeling bad about something.
    I simply don't get the mentality that possesses one to attack total strangers with vicious, raw, deeply personal abuse, sometimes post after post, after post, (something I never ever indulge in) and then start a thread - for all intents and purposes a"Let's Talk About Scriabin Thread" - about suicides among family and friends, his troubled relationships with his wife and daughter, the private inconsolable grief of his surviving family members - and expect a shred of indulgence or respect. Others can treat his mawkish need for attention and validation as they wish. He failed as the unfunny, unoriginal Random Insults Machine. Incited yawns all round. Now he's doing Vulnerable & Wounded & Indignant. I couldn't give a fig. As he said so himself, many times, he doesn't feel the need to always treat people with respect, we are all just words on the screen to him. Well, lo and behold, he doesn't like my 'words on the screen'. What's it to me?

Here's a smiley to help you calm down: 🙂

Don't sue the psychologist.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 04:131 edit
    Originally posted by Scriabin
    This is the first time where you have addressed me where I have been made aware that you are a woman. That makes a difference to me. I regret anything I've written that was inappropriate or impolite to or about you. I apologize.
    Because you think I am a woman? Stick your apology in your ear. But don't sue the psychologist. Oh, and good luck with your wife and daughter.
  3. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 04:321 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Because you think I am a woman? Stick your apology in your ear. But don't sue the psychologist. Oh, and good luck with your wife and daughter.
    yes, if you are, in fact a woman, yes. 😲

I think we're done now.

good luck to you, madam.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 04:39
    yes, if you are, in fact a woman, yes.
    No, I insist. Stick it in your ear. I think womenkind can cope just fine thanks, without your profoundly backward and condescending form of 'gallantry". By waving what you think is some kind of sexist 'decent bone' in the air, you have simply revealled how even you yourself realize there is a contempt and indecency that lurks within you. Anyway, I hope that people like me and generalissimo and Sam The Sham have helped you work out how to relate to your wife.
  5. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 04:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    No, I insist. Stick it in your ear. I think womenkind can cope just fine thanks, without your profoundly backward and condescending form of 'gallantry". By waving what you think is some kind of sexist 'decent bone' in the air, you have simply revealled how even you yourself realize there is a contempt and indecency that lurks within you. Anyway, I hope that peop ...[text shortened]... e me and generalissimo and Sam The Sham have helped you work out how to relate to your wife.
    pls try to calm yourself, madam. There is no need for histrionics.

besides, you are likely to cause my sides to split entirely ... the idea that a person like you has in any way "helped" me or anyone else, pls, no more ... certainly my ears can't take it ... oh, this is the biggest joke I've played on myself since I don't know when ...

thank you so very much for your excellent and considerate advice, madam.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 04:512 edits
    pls try to calm yourself, madam. There is no need for histrionics.
    Ah yes. You really know how to talk to a woman, I see. Wow. Is every man in 'first string' Washington D.C. as sophisticated and nuanced as you?

Don't sue the psychologist. Good news about your daughter.

this is the biggest joke I've played on myself since I don't know when

All these RHP posters treading on your eggshells, trying not to hurt your feelings, will be so pleased to hear it.
  7. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 05:201 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Ah yes. You really know how to talk to a woman, I see. Wow. Is every man in 'first string' Washington D.C. as sophisticated and nuanced as you?

[b]this is the biggest joke I've played on myself since I don't know when

All these RHP posters treading on your eggshells, trying not to hurt your feelings, will be so pleased to hear it.[/b]
    oh, I must clarify for you what you so obviously misunderstand. It is not this thread that is a joke I've played on myself, no, dear lady, I've been quite open and sincere. I've also been rather at pains to be clear about not going to sue anyone.

I'm not the one with blood lust and revenge on their mind -- it is known to us that a lawsuit of this nature would probably cost the Dr her contract job and ruin her altogether, financially, regardless of result. Some want that in a misguided attempt to salve their own pain; I don't, for it would hurt me -- something for which it is sometimes difficult for me to obtain consideration. After all, think of whose pain we're talking about.

And I have no intent to be sophisticated and nuanced with you, madam. I am sure you would not appreciate it nor perhaps understand it. You are much more comfortable, clearly, with more direct exchanges. In person, I'd be sure to wear body armor. You aren't someone I'd invite home to take tea with Mother, shall we say.

You've managed to allow me to deceive myself somehow into thinking you were a man because you use words in a way sometimes a man does with another man.

That you are, in fact, not a man merely shows me my own clumsiness and lack of attention - for while bothered many times at your mode of expression, your style, as it were, I failed to diagnose it while having encountered it many times here where I work.

I know how to talk to women with the respect to which they are entitled as are men. But I also know how to talk to women who strut about and throw words around as though they had something with which to back it up. When they don't, some run and hide; others do a very good impression of Glenn Close. I'd put you in the category of requiring a metal detector.

Madam, I misjudged you and I'm sorry. I say that because that's the joke I've played on myself -- I've made myself the victim of just the sort of woman with whom I never associate out of choice.

I work close to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History -- it is clear the more capable killers, the most vicious of each species, the truly most heinous and violent in word and deed among people, as well, are a certain kind of female.

The joke to which I refer is that I failed to spot you. I count myself fortunate you aren't here in Washington, D.C. as a government manager -- you're a natural knife fighter and therefore would do very well indeed in this town.

Again, a most respectful adieu to you, madam.
  8. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 05:37
    Originally posted by FMF

[b]this is the biggest joke I've played on myself since I don't know when

All these RHP posters treading on your eggshells, trying not to hurt your feelings, will be so pleased to hear it.[/b]
    There you go w/ the confusion again FMF. Your a woman,then a man.Now a woman again?! Which is it? Also,are you south east asian or a brit? There is confusion there too. And my dear fellow(or lady?) to say you dont hurl insults and use nasty language is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 14:04
    Originally posted by FMF

Here's a smiley to help you calm down: 🙂

Wow.

I suddenly feel so serene.

🙂
  10. Pepperland
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 16:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    No, I insist. Stick it in your ear. I think womenkind can cope just fine thanks, without your profoundly backward and condescending form of 'gallantry". By waving what you think is some kind of sexist 'decent bone' in the air, you have simply revealled how even you yourself realize there is a contempt and indecency that lurks within you. Anyway, I hope that peop ...[text shortened]... e me and generalissimo and Sam The Sham have helped you work out how to relate to your wife.
    Come down now, we don't want you to get all offended.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree