1. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 11:28
    I know I will!

http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/424/t/9750/petition.jsp?petition_KEY=2055
  2. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 11:40
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    I know I will!

http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/424/t/9750/petition.jsp?petition_KEY=2055
    I wouldn't know how to deal with the situation in Gaza. 2 groups claim the same piece of land...a difficult situation to solve.
  3. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 11:43
    Originally posted by bill718
    I wouldn't know how to deal with the situation in Gaza. 2 groups claim the same piece of land...a difficult situation to solve.
    What do you think about the obvious two state solution?

The situation is obviously complicated but to ask for a little decency from the government of Israel certainly isn't too much.
  4. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 11:531 edit

The situation is obviously complicated but to ask for a little decency from the government of Israel certainly isn't too much.
    The 2 State solution sounds good to me, and to many in the world. The world community cannot dictate policy to one country however. If Israel won't do "the decent thing" what can be done? If it were me, I'd move to another country and forget it. Seems too much blood has been spilled over that silly little chunk of land already in the last half century or so.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 13:29
    The 2 State solution sounds good to me, and to many in the world. The world community cannot dictate policy to one country however. If Israel won't do "the decent thing" what can be done? If it were me, I'd move to another country and forget it. Seems too much blood has been spilled over that silly little chunk of land already in the last half century or so.
    Well if Israel won't do what the rest of the world wants them to do then we will just have to do to them what the world did to Iraq, eh?

Of course, countries like the Sudan who embrace open genocide should be overlooked in favor of trouble makers like Israel, but I think that is only common sense.
  6. At the Revolution
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 13:43

Impractical and unacceptable.
  7. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 14:05
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Impractical and unacceptable.
    So what would be practicable and acceptable?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 14:07
    Sudan freedom march anyone?
  9. Pepperland
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 16:23
    to kill the israelis and take over the land, thats what scherzo would have said.
  10. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 16:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    Well if Israel won't do what the rest of the world wants them to do then we will just have to do to them what the world did to Iraq, eh?

Of course, countries like the Sudan who embrace open genocide should be overlooked in favor of trouble makers like Israel, but I think that is only common sense.
    You are clearly twisting my words here. I did not say anything of the kind. I really don't care what Israel does. I only suggested a 2 state idea MAY be an option. I also suggested If I lived in Gaza I would not try to fight what Israel does, rather I would move to another country and stop fighting over one stupid little piece of land. Your paranoia is just too clear here!😏
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 17:09
    You are clearly twisting my words here. I did not say anything of the kind. I really don't care what Israel does. I only suggested a 2 state idea MAY be an option. I also suggested If I lived in Gaza I would not try to fight what Israel does, rather I would move to another country and stop fighting over one stupid little piece of land. Your paranoia is just too clear here!😏
    I just grow tired of the hypocrisy in the world. There are far worse states than Israel yet Israel is the one that gains all the attention.
  12. At the Revolution
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 00:59
    Traditional one-state solution -- binational state called Palestine run by Palestinians with proportional Israeli representation.
  13. At the Revolution
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 01:00
    Originally posted by whodey
    Sudan freedom march anyone?
    Nobody really gives a crap about Sudan. It's sad too ...
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 06:37
    That would depend on which two-State solution you're referring to.

Would it be the UN one, where 50% of the land is owned by Palestinians, Jerusalem is split in two and is capital to both countries and the Palestinians and Israeli's have control over equal amounts of harbours?

Or would it be the two-State solution Israel has pushed for, where the Palestinians don't get a part of Jerusalem, have no major harbour and their country is divided into segments which cannot self-sustain themselves?
  15. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 12:081 edit
    You mean Hamas and Fatah ... and a while back some other Islamist group proclaimed Gaza an Islamist territory, of course under their Islamist command, but Hamas ended this very quickly and very effectively in a very bloody way. I didn't hear any of the people who claim to care so much about Palestinians protest, nor do I hear any protests if Hamas shoots young Palestinian opponents in their knees so they become disabled for life as a punishment for resisting them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree