1. At the Revolution
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 01:36
    Originally posted by Redmike
    Doesn't alter the fact that the stated view of the Palestinians is to settle on the basis of the 1967 borders, which is the point.
    But if they don't think the peace process is going anywhere, then why do you think they're willing to accept Israel so easily?
  2. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 19:01
    Originally posted by scherzo
    But if they don't think the peace process is going anywhere, then why do you think they're willing to accept Israel so easily?
    Who says the Palestinians think the peace process isn't going any where? Who says the Palestinians are willing to accept israel so easily?

How are either of these points relevany anyway?
  3. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 19:48
    Israel declared a cease-fire in the Gaza War on January 18, 2009 -- claiming they had achieved all of their military objectives including an end to rocket and mortar attacks on southern Israel.

Since that time, desultory mortar and rocket attacks were maintained up through the end of March, 2009 -- at which point Hamas finally admitted they needed to take a break as well.

So -- what did the Israeli offensive that killed over a thousand Palestinians achieve? That's right. Absolutely nothing.

And in the five months since Hamas has stopped shelling Israel -- what has Israel done? After all, Israel holds all the power in the region so it is up to them to make the first move. But what have they done to advance peace? Nothing. Of course nothing.

And now the West Bank is making unilateral plans to declare independence. They should be ready by November -- about the time Hezbollah and Hamas begin launching rockets in concert...
  4. At the Revolution
    Moves
    28 Aug '09 01:19
    Who says the Palestinians think the peace process isn't going any where? Who says the Palestinians are willing to accept israel so easily?

How are either of these points relevany anyway?
    I just said that 52% of Palestinians think the peace process is not going anywhere. Based on the JPS or PARC, I forget which.
  5. Joined
    08 Nov '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 21:00
    A good two state solution already exists. You might know them as Jordan and Egypt - the two countries that pulled out, leaving their detritis. Reminiscent of the Cuban floatilla that Castro unleashed on an unwitting Jimminy Carter.
  6. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    30 Aug '09 17:26
    I just said that 52% of Palestinians think the peace process is not going anywhere. Based on the JPS or PARC, I forget which.
    I'm not questioning the accuracy of what you're saying.

Just the relevance.
  7. At the Revolution
    Moves
    30 Aug '09 22:20
    Originally posted by rk10007
    A good two state solution already exists. You might know them as Jordan and Egypt - the two countries that pulled out, leaving their detritis. Reminiscent of the Cuban floatilla that Castro unleashed on an unwitting Jimminy Carter.
    Er ... Jordan and Egypt are run by dictatorships out for themselves and only themselves. And Castro never attacked Carter.
  8. At the Revolution
    Moves
    30 Aug '09 22:21
    I'm not questioning the accuracy of what you're saying.

Just the relevance.
    Than can you tell me how that statement means that an overwhelming majority of Palestinians support a two-state?
  9. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    31 Aug '09 07:56
    Than can you tell me how that statement means that an overwhelming majority of Palestinians support a two-state?
    Because, as I said, it is the stated view of their elected representatives.

Just because a single opinion poll says that 52% think the process is ineffective doesn't mean 52% don't agree with the process.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree