1. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 16:34
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    I think the constitution of the united states is great, and a good model, an example of democracy and liberty. However, I wouldn't say the founding fathers were great role models, they were after all, a bunch of hypocrites.

I think you're the only one who thinks whodey is the "most respectable guy that posts here". I think that title should be given to sh76.
    Yea he is pretty good too. Heck your not bad yourself in my view. Take a closer look though and see what Whodey means by statist.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 16:41
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Well FMF you lied once again. You said you didn't care about the US health care system but yet you "chime in" once again.
    Posting on a Debates thread is a lie, in and of itself, regardless what of the post says??

Good grief.

Anyway. My question was: Is it true for Palin is claim - as she does, about Obama's proposed health system - that her parents or her baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so that his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society'?

In other words, are your former VP candidate's claims true?
  3. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 16:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    Posting on a Debates thread is a lie, in and of itself, regardless what of the post says??

Good grief.

Anyway. My question was: Is it true for Palin is claim - as she does, about Obama's proposed health system - that her parents or her baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so that his bureaucrats can decide, based on ...[text shortened]... productivity in society'?

In other words, are your former VP candidate's claims true?
    Then why are you posting on it?

It's probably true.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 17:041 edit
    Originally posted by daniel58
    I posted because I am curious as to whether these claims by Palin true or false.

I am also struck by how she has referred to the Obama health plan as "downright evil". If is is, I ask, by what definition of "evil" would that be so?
  5. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 17:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    I posted because I am curious as to whether these claims by Palin true or false.

I am also struck by how she has referred to the Obama health plan as "downright evil". If is is, I ask, by what definition of "evil" would that be so?
    Maybe just maybe it's will support abortion, birth control, not giving health care to old people... etc. etc.
  6. Joined
    06 Aug '06
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 17:24

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 17:25
    Maybe just maybe it's will support abortion, birth control, not giving health care to old people... etc. etc.
    What's wrong with supporting birth control?

It also doesn't support not giving healthcare to old people. Do you have anything to back up that claim?
  8. silicon valley
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 17:30
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    However, I wouldn't say the founding fathers were great role models, they were after all, a bunch of hypocrites.
    c'mon, 8000 years ago our gggg'greats were running around in hides like Osti the Iceman. context!
  9. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 17:501 edit
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    What's wrong with supporting birth control?

It also doesn't support not giving healthcare to old people. Do you have anything to back up that claim?
    It's murder.

What about the 90 year old lady who they refused to help?
  10. Joined
    06 Aug '06
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 18:07

It's probably true.
    You think this claim of death panels is true ? That's very strange as on this very thread both USarmyparatrooper and me have taken a random claim about this new bill and debunked it without any problem. Despite that, you think this claim about "death panels", which ranks quite a bit higher on the "you'd have to be pretty insane to come up with this" scale is probably true ?
  11. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 18:12
    Originally posted by Barts
    You think this claim of death panels is true ? That's very strange as on this very thread both USarmyparatrooper and me have taken a random claim about this new bill and debunked it without any problem. Despite that, you think this claim about "death panels", which ranks quite a bit higher on the "you'd have to be pretty insane to come up with this" scale is probably true ?
    Don't exactly what "death panels" is. If you are talking about the health care plan being in favor of those things I mentioned above then yes, just because you don't think it's true doesn't mean it isn't, you guys don't know all the things behind the scenes, I know "you'd have to be pretty insane to come up with this" but don't but it pass them.
  12. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 18:58
    It's murder.

What about the 90 year old lady who they refused to help?
    Birth control isn't murder. That's idiotic.

What? Obama's health plan isn't in law so how could it be responsible for anything yet?
  13. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 18:59
    Don't exactly what "death panels" is. If you are talking about the health care plan being in favor of those things I mentioned above then yes, just because you don't think it's true doesn't mean it isn't, you guys don't know all the things behind the scenes, I know "you'd have to be pretty insane to come up with this" but don't but it pass them.
    You're saying that we don't know all the things behind the scenes. Do you know anything that's going on behind the scenes???
  14. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 19:01
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Birth control isn't murder. That's idiotic.

What? Obama's health plan isn't in law so how could it be responsible for anything yet?
    It isn't? Then what is it?

I'm saying that's what happened, and it will happen even more if that law does come into effect.
  15. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    08 Aug '09 19:01
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    How's the health care bill going to affect veterans who have the VA and don't need it?
    The bill does not force anybody to get on board. It's an option that people can choose to participate in. It's offering the public the same health care plan the Congress uses, and it's the individual's choice whether or not they want to participate.

We have tens of millions of Americans who don't have health coverage. Obama and the Democrats in Congress are trying to take care of them. And as a thanks for Obama's efforts his political opponents smear him and tell lie after lie after lie about their proposal.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree