1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    09 Dec '15 15:171 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "but they're eligible for the same government benefits everyone else is. "
    they performed a task that nobody else did. they are entitled to benefits because of that.

"Why is a 9/11 first responder inherently more special and more deserving of benefits than a factory worker in Sheboygan who had a heart attack?"
    because the sheboyganer didn't work in haz ...[text shortened]... t?

would you say women shouldn't get gynecology coverage until you (as a man) also get them?
    === "but they're eligible for the same government benefits everyone else is. "
    they performed a task that nobody else did. they are entitled to benefits because of that. ===

They performed their jobs.

=== "Why is a 9/11 first responder inherently more special and more deserving of benefits than a factory worker in Sheboygan who had a heart attack?"
    because the sheboyganer didn't work in hazardous conditions during a tragic event.===

That's a distinction without a difference.

==== say you are a lion tamer. are you supporting the idea that lion tamers should not get lion bite treatments because the hairdresser from sheboygan doesn't? ====

The lion tamer should get treatment for lion bites in accordance with and under the same rules as the hairdresser should get treatment for breast cancer.

=== would you say women shouldn't get gynecology coverage until you (as a man) also get them?===

Really? 🙄
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Dec '15 15:23
    i am glad you can use google.

on the subject of the romanian prime minister, the colectiv fire was simply a pretext used by the population to demand the resignation of a corrupt and incompetent prime minister (under current investigation for corruption) and a pretext used by the prime minister to gather a modicum of decency and step down to make it appea ...[text shortened]... stupidity, corruption, bad luck. it made my blood boil with anger. that is how it made me feel.
    You should've totally started a thread about it.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Dec '15 15:41
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I know some people in Romania, what part I wonder?
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '15 15:54
    Originally posted by sh76
    === "but they're eligible for the same government benefits everyone else is. "
    they performed a task that nobody else did. they are entitled to benefits because of that. ===

They performed their jobs.

=== "Why is a 9/11 first responder inherently more special and more deserving of benefits than a factory worker in Sheboygan who had a heart attack?"
    bec ...[text shortened]... say women shouldn't get gynecology coverage until you (as a man) also get them?===

Really? 🙄
    "They performed their jobs."
    many first responders are volunteers. it wasn't their job to go there.
    many first responders were not even from NY. it wasn't their job to go there.

and yes, someone performing a job is entitled to risk benefits. coal miners, firemen, mitch mcconell own nuclear industry workers (the ones he did awarded added healthcare benefits)

"That's a distinction without a difference."
    yes, no difference. i, working in an office, deserve frequent checkups for radiation poisoning just like the engineer working in a nuclear power plant.

"The lion tamer should get treatment for lion bites in accordance with and under the same rules as the hairdresser should get treatment for breast cancer."
    nonsense.
    first of all, you are comparing apples with oranges. they have nothing in common. the conditions in which one gets lion bites are not the same as the ones in which one gets breast cancer or tooth decay or whatever. their jobs are nothing alike. their employers are nothing alike.
    secondly
    the hairdresser is not at a greater danger of getting breast cancer for being a hairdresser than for being a baker or doctor. the lion tamer is surprisingly in more danger to be bitten by a lion than if he were a baker (less lions in a bakery)

"Really?"
    are you asking if women should have the right to gynecology care while men should not? the answer is yes.
    or are you asking if i was really mocking you? the answer is yes
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '15 16:00
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    You should've totally started a thread about it.
    i don't think anyone would be interested.

americans on this thread have proven they lack interest about the fates of heroic americans that did heroic and selfless deeds on their nations darkest hour since pearl harbour.

how much interest would these have over an event that happened in romania.
    how much impact would an event that happened in romania have worldwide?

as much as we dislike it, america is held as an example to be followed. if america changes for the better, other places (among them the country i live in) might follow, no matter how slowly. that is why i am interested in american events and i don't understand (or give any fuks about) why you and others find it so puzzling.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '15 16:00
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I know some people in Romania, what part I wonder?
    west. timisoara
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Dec '15 16:19
    i don't think anyone would be interested.

americans on this thread have proven they lack interest about the fates of heroic americans that did heroic and selfless deeds on their nations darkest hour since pearl harbour.

how much interest would these have over an event that happened in romania.
    how much impact would an event that happened in romania ...[text shortened]... n events and i don't understand (or give any fuks about) why you and others find it so puzzling.
    Americans this, Americans that...

Besides the fact that there are enough interested Americans present here, I - and many other non-Americans - would've been interested in that subject as well. It would've been infinitely more interesting than thread# 572 about some retarded American presidential campaign.

America is held as an example to be followed?? By whom?? By yourself?? If so, maybe you should snap out of it, stop looking at what some other country is doing and focus on your own a bit more.

Say what you like about America(ns), judging by this very forum, they seem a lot more willing to talk about the bad things in their country and how to fix it, than most non-Americans. And that includes me.

The reason why so many non-Americans (like you, if you are in fact Romanian) like to point and laugh at America is because America stands out from the crowd (positively and negatively) and it's easier to talk about what "the other guy" is doing wrong, than talking about your own mistakes.

Americans on this thread have proven they lack interest about the fates of heroic Aamericans that did heroic and selfless deeds on their nations darkest hour since Pearl Harbour.

By this same dumbasss logic, you don't give 2 shiits about what happened to the victims of the Colectiv nightclub fire seeing how you never bothered to mention it. Even though "it made your blood boil".

You're a hypocrite.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Dec '15 20:463 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 10:19
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Americans this, Americans that...

Besides the fact that there are enough interested Americans present here, I - and many other non-Americans - would've been interested in that subject as well. It would've been infinitely more interesting than thread# 572 about some retarded American presidential campaign.

America is held as an example to be foll ...[text shortened]... you never bothered to mention it. Even though "it made your blood boil".

You're a hypocrite.
    aaaand civility is out the window.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '15 20:19
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_effects_arising_from_the_September_11_attacks
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 21:13
    law to give 9/11 first responders healthcare is FINALLY passed

https://www.change.org/p/tell-congress-we-will-never-forget-9-11-first-responders-and-survivors/u/14663582
  12. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 22:42
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Nobody cares about your disdain. I don't think anybody cares about Zahlanzi's alleged nationality. He, she or it likes to tweak controversy, which is what this forum is based on.
  13. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 22:43
    law to give 9/11 first responders healthcare is FINALLY passed

https://www.change.org/p/tell-congress-we-will-never-forget-9-11-first-responders-and-survivors/u/14663582
    Have you considered that NYC firefighters, and cops have very good health care as it is.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '15 01:50
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Have you considered that NYC firefighters, and cops have very good health care as it is.
    have you considered that maybe 9/11 first responders aren't all nyc firefighters and cops?
    have you considered that maybe their health care might cover broken bones or getting shot but not cancers got on the job or not sufficiently?
    have you considered that maybe people working in higher risk areas should be getting higher healtcare coverage (kind of like workers in nuclear power plants or coal miners have)?
    have you considered that maybe you are being an ashole?
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '15 14:42
    aftermath of this adventure
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jon-stewart-sept-11-responders_567ab1e5e4b06fa6887f7bd8?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000013&section=politics

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree