1. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '21 17:581 edit
    @eladar said
    What virus has lasted as a big killer longer than 3 years?

The last major virus was the Spanish Flu.
    Influenza, measles, polio, smallpox, rabies, HIV etc.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '21 18:18
    Influenza does not kill large numbers of people. Glad you agree that covid will be much the flu. It is exactly what I have been saying.
  3. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '21 18:51
    @eladar said
    Influenza does not kill large numbers of people. Glad you agree that covid will be much the flu. It is exactly what I have been saying.
    Huh?

Let me try.

Bears don't kill large numbers of people. Glad you agree they are cuddly and cute and we should allow them to eat us.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '21 19:29
    @wildgrass said
    Huh?

Let me try.

Bears don't kill large numbers of people. Glad you agree they are cuddly and cute and we should allow them to eat us.
    Sorry to see that you are such a terrified individual. There are viruses and bacteria everywhere. Some of them could make you sick. It is part of life and has always been.

I see no reason to create such fear over something natural and something that really kills so few people.

600K killed? That is little? When 5 million have died over that time period and almost all of the dead are elderly people over the age of 65. I would say that it is no big deal.

Studies show that if those over 65 had sufficient vitamin D levels, over half of those who have died would have lived.

History shows that the biggest death toll has already taken place. The fact that death rates from covid are significantly lower today than the first year just goes to show that what I am saying is true.

Yet fear drives people to give a vaccine to children who are in no danger from covid. Why? So that big phar can make a few more millionaires.
  5. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '21 19:51
    @eladar said
    Sorry to see that you are such a terrified individual. There are viruses and bacteria everywhere. Some of them could make you sick. It is part of life and has always been.

I see no reason to create such fear over something natural and something that really kills so few people.

600K killed? That is little? When 5 million have died over that time period and almost all ...[text shortened]... children who are in no danger from covid. Why? So that big phar can make a few more millionaires.
    I... Am.... Not... Terrified... Of. ... Bears. But your logic suggests we should let them eat us if they want to. They are natural, after all.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '21 20:04
    @wildgrass said
    I... Am.... Not... Terrified... Of. ... Bears. But your logic suggests we should let them eat us if they want to. They are natural, after all.
    Not at all. I am all for killing bears that attack people and keeping bears in zoos and other defined regions. I am all for people taking guns into bear regions to kill any bears that attack them.

In the same way, I am all for people supplementing vitamin D, making sure they eat a low carb healthy diet with good fats and protiens. I am for people exercising and if they feel the need they can be vaccinated.

I am against forced vaccinations and the fear mongering we see in the news and as presented by our governments.
  7. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Jun '21 16:574 edits
    @eladar said
    Not at all. I am all for killing bears that attack people and keeping bears in zoos and other defined regions. I am all for people taking guns into bear regions to kill any bears that attack them.

In the same way, I am all for people supplementing vitamin D, making sure they eat a low carb healthy diet with good fats and protiens. I am for people exercising and if they f ...[text shortened]... t forced vaccinations and the fear mongering we see in the news and as presented by our governments.
    This logic makes no sense, Eladar.

The statistics don't lie. Bears kill less than 1 person every year (and most of them in northern Canada so who cares?). And you want to kill them, put them on reservations and/or lock them in cages?? You're all for that? That's insane. Bears are cute and soft and cuddly creatures, and now you are depriving our children of the opportunity to pet a bear or have one as a pet.

Big Zoo is manipulating the data on this. They are locking them in cages with huge bars to make them look scary when they could be safely walking among us without incident (well maybe a few incidents but old people who would die of something else anyway and Canadians, so again, who cares?). They are deliberately misleading you. No one tells you that it's only 0.000000001% of people who die in bear attacks. That's why I've been arguing that your precautions of killing all the bears is completely irrational. What are you so afraid of?

I am all for giving bears a healthy diet and supplements, and making sure they eat and exercise. I am against extreme measures of shooting them / locking them in cages. The fear mongering is out of control on bears. Big Zoo and Big Government are coming for your freedoms.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '21 17:42
    @wildgrass

OK, you can stop playing games. You obviously have some very strongly held beliefs, some of which I believe are lies. No use in trying to discuss it further.

Just glad to see that we can both believe that after 3 years or so, covid will be comparable to the flu. I say or so because I do not know the result of slowing the spread of the virus among the healthy population will result in the initial exposure of the virus sticking around longer.
  9. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    26 Jun '21 00:52
    @eladar said
    The flu never cost a president an election.
    Oops ! Sorry about that. Hit a soft spot there. 😛
  10. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Jun '21 18:13
    @eladar said
    @wildgrass

OK, you can stop playing games. You obviously have some very strongly held beliefs, some of which I believe are lies. No use in trying to discuss it further.

Just glad to see that we can both believe that after 3 years or so, covid will be comparable to the flu. I say or so because I do not know the result of slowing the spread of the virus among the healthy population will result in the initial exposure of the virus sticking around longer.
    This is a game you chose to play. Lies and beliefs? I looked back through my post and couldn't find one belief. Then I found your post stating that viruses "end naturally". If there's any lie in this thread, that's the one.

If bears killed 600,000 people last year we'd probably be having a conversation about how to stop that from happening. Would you be saying, "well maybe people should start getting in shape so they can outrun them?" Set a bear loose in a crowd of 10,000 people and it'll only kill 0.01% of them so who cares. Probably old people, too.

Maybe the virus is different because you can't see it? If it's an invisible enemy then it's more difficult to visualize the human toll.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '21 18:24
    @wildgrass said
    This is a game you chose to play. Lies and beliefs? I looked back through my post and couldn't find one belief. Then I found your post stating that viruses "end naturally". If there's any lie in this thread, that's the one.

If bears killed 600,000 people last year we'd probably be having a conversation about how to stop that from happening. Would you be saying, "well may ...[text shortened]... e you can't see it? If it's an invisible enemy then it's more difficult to visualize the human toll.
    Well, obviously you are blind.

We have come to an end of any sort of useful discussion. Now all you do is continue to go around in circles trying to prove a point that has nothing to do with what I am saying.
  12. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Jun '21 18:411 edit
    @eladar said
    Well, obviously you are blind.

We have come to an end of any sort of useful discussion. Now all you do is continue to go around in circles trying to prove a point that has nothing to do with what I am saying.
    Correcting your misconceptions has been useful. Prior to our discussion, you seemed to think the measles virus only circulated for 3 years, even though it has been around since at least the 9th century and was only eliminated by widespread vaccination campaigns over 1,000 years later.

We shot those bears.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '21 20:32
    @wildgrass said
    Correcting your misconceptions has been useful. Prior to our discussion, you seemed to think the measles virus only circulated for 3 years, even though it has been around since at least the 9th century and was only eliminated by widespread vaccination campaigns over 1,000 years later.

We shot those bears.
    There you have it, you do not understand what I said.

Basically I said everything would become like flu is today, which is exactly what you said. Of course Covid will remain an issue as long as governments persist in making it a problem.
  14. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Jun '21 22:001 edit
    @eladar said
    There you have it, you do not understand what I said.

Basically I said everything would become like flu is today, which is exactly what you said. Of course Covid will remain an issue as long as governments persist in making it a problem.
    Maybe I didn't understand because you didn't write anything understandable? Are you talking about your point that "viruses don't last more than 3 years" garbage? COVID (like bears) will remain an issue as long as it keeps seriously hurting people.

Your "it's natural, so... " argument is particularly perplexing. Guns aren't natural, but that's your proposal for dealing with rogue bears. Why are you so much more worried about bears that you would resort to non-natural solutions when they kill so many fewer people per year than the flu. Certainly we should work big to small in terms of the relative risk of various threats to human life.

With regard to your "ask people to exercise and eat right" you didn't seem to suggest that at all for dealing with the risk of bear attacks. Why? Have we as a society found more comprehensive solutions than good cardio for running away from bears? Vaccinations have prevented countless deaths from measles, smallpox etc. By one statistic, prior to smallpox vaccines, 7.6% of ALL HUMAN death was caused by smallpox. I'm not arguing that COVID is analogous to smallpox, but vaccine development has prevented unnecessary deaths in similar ways that other non-natura. public safety measures have prevented people from being maimed by bears.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '21 22:07
    @wildgrass
    Viruses as a serious threat to lives of people in society in general. You can view it in the same terms as the Spanish Flu.

So now you know. I am talking about a virus that would be worthy of masking up to prevent for a vast majority of the population.

As you have agreed, Covid was never a big enough rist to mask up for healthy children, but our governments require it anyhow. Obviously the government is not a reliable source of good advice.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree