More CDC data manipulation

More CDC data manipulation

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
26 Jun 21
1 edit

@eladar said
@wildgrass
Viruses as a serious threat to lives of people in society in general. You can view it in the same terms as the Spanish Flu.

So now you know. I am talking about a virus that would be worthy of masking up to prevent for a vast majority of the population.

As you have agreed, Covid was never a big enough rist to mask up for healthy children, but our governments require it anyhow. Obviously the government is not a reliable source of good advice.
That was your point all along?

We masked up during Spanish Flu. Governments mandated it. Entire towns were barricaded and quarantined. It saved lives. Is history taught in schools anymore?

E

Moves
26 Jun 21

@wildgrass said
That was your point all along?

We masked up during Spanish Flu. Governments mandated it. Entire towns were barricaded and quarantined. It saved lives. Is history taught in schools anymore?
How long did the masking up last?

w

Moves
27 Jun 21

@eladar said
How long did the masking up last?
I'm not your history teacher.

Viruses obviously are capable of killing people. Imagine, though, that they are 8 feet tall instead of sub-microscopic particles.

Bears kill orders of magnitude fewer people than viruses, but you're advocating non-natural prevention methods for bears but not viruses. The fear meter is way off. "ehhh freedom, i don't want to wear a mask because bears only kill old people."

E

Moves
27 Jun 21
1 edit

@wildgrass said
I'm not your history teacher.

Viruses obviously are capable of killing people. Imagine, though, that they are 8 feet tall instead of sub-microscopic particles.

Bears kill orders of magnitude fewer people than viruses, but you're advocating non-natural prevention methods for bears but not viruses. The fear meter is way off. "ehhh freedom, i don't want to wear a mask because bears only kill old people."
You do not know. Try googling the Spanish Flu.

The Spanish Flu lasted 3 years.

Yes, viruses continued to kill people every year since, but not in nearly as large numbers.

I suppose you believe that people have been in such a fearful state of viruses for the last 50 years and will continue for the next 50.

m

Moves
27 Jun 21

@eladar said
You do not know. Try googling the Spanish Flu.

The Spanish Flu lasted 3 years.

Yes, viruses continued to kill people every year since, but not in nearly as large numbers.

I suppose you believe that people have been in such a fearful state of viruses for the last 50 years and will continue for the next 50.
What's your point ??
Other than to downplay the current pandemic.

E

Moves
27 Jun 21
2 edits

@mghrn55 said
What's your point ??
Other than to downplay the current pandemic.
My point? I have two points.

First point, covid is not a threat to people with well functioning immune systems. Even someone over 85 with a good immune system is going to just fine with covid. This is why over 99 percent of people over 85 who get covid do not need hosptialization. The fact that covid is no threat is even easier to see for people younger than 45.

My second point is that the virus will have a natural cycle and after doing nothing, in about 3 years, covid will become the same level of threat as other viruses. We are two years into Covid.

When I say nothing, I mean no vaccination at all.

The belief that the vaccine is required is simply a lie.

m

Moves
27 Jun 21

@eladar said

First point, covid is not a threat to people with well functioning immune systems. Even someone over 85 with a good immune system is going to just fine with covid. This is why over 99 percent of people over 85 who get covid do not need hosptialization. The fact that covid is no threat is even easier to see for people younger than 45.

My s ...[text shortened]... e same level of threat as other viruses.

Wrong on all counts.
When something like this comes along, humanity does its' best to come up with a remedy.
Whether that is a seasonal flu, HIV, cancer, etc.....
Even "natural causes" like heart diseases and strokes, we try like heck to reduce the fatality statistics.
And self-inflicted pandemics like opiods are out there. We don't sit back and simple say "sh&t happens".
When a virus comes along and kills 4 million people in 15 months, it gets the attention of humanity. And it is supposed to !!
It just seems that the sector of humanity that continually seeks to downplay is in the same corner of a President who lost his 2nd term because of his disastrous response to the pandemic.
That is not in doubt

E

Moves
27 Jun 21

@mghrn55 said
Wrong on all counts.
When something like this comes along, humanity does its' best to come up with a remedy.
Whether that is a seasonal flu, HIV, cancer, etc.....
Even "natural causes" like heart diseases and strokes, we try like heck to reduce the fatality statistics.
And self-inflicted pandemics like opiods are out there. We don't sit back and simple say "sh&t happens" ...[text shortened]... dent who lost his 2nd term because of his disastrous response to the pandemic.
That is not in doubt
You are obviously an uneducated true believer.

m

Moves
27 Jun 21

@Eladar
You can go back to your "homosexual" thread now.
You need a break from this one.
Maybe, you can start a thread on sex outside of marriage.
As I recall, you are quite passionate on that one. 😛

E

Moves
27 Jun 21

@mghrn55 said
@Eladar
You can go back to your "homosexual" thread now.
You need a break from this one.
Maybe, you can start a thread on sex outside of marriage.
As I recall, you are quite passionate on that one. 😛
Exactly.

You have no actual support for your claims, such as drug addictions are the same as the covid pandemic. All you can do is state what you believe and try to change the subject when called out for being ignorant.

w

Moves
27 Jun 21

@eladar said

My s ...[text shortened]... y nothing, I mean no vaccination at all.

Your "over 99% of people" argument is garbage. Over 99% of people will be fine after being bitten by a rattlesnake. We don't mingle with man-eating bears or run in front of cars or accept candy from strangers or swim with sharks. We avoid exposing ourselves to these things even though if we did the likelihood of death is still extremely low. It's not fear of bears it's common sense.

Unlike extremely rare events, COVID has killed a lot of people. Other viruses like polio and smallpox have killed many many more. Viruses do not just go away because you wave a magic wand. They fester for millenia. Smallpox and polio were prominent causes of death for more than 1,000 years, even though over 99% of people survived polio infection. Until vaccines, it was a threat. The flu kills tens of thousands every year, and these numbers would be a lot higher without vaccines.

When we invented guns, we used them to eliminate threats (like bears). We are doing the same with vaccines, preventing preventable illness. Let's not go back to the times when life expectancy was 35 years and the leading cause of death was smallpox.

Both your points are illogical and invalid.

E

Moves
27 Jun 21

@wildgrass said
Your "over 99% of people" argument is garbage. Over 99% of people will be fine after being bitten by a rattlesnake. We don't mingle with man-eating bears or run in front of cars or accept candy from strangers or swim with sharks. We avoid exposing ourselves to these things even though if we did the likelihood of death is still extremely low. It's not fear of bears it's comm ...[text shortened]... 35 years and the leading cause of death was smallpox.

Both your points are illogical and invalid.
If people knew the actual probability of being hospitalized and probability of death for their age group, you would see many people younger than 45 choosing not the put a genetically engineered virus into their body.

I am arguing for two things...

Accurate information getting out to the public

Individual choice for when and where to wear a mask as well as choice in getting the Genetically Modifed Virus and if their children are going to get the Genetically Modified Virus put into their bodies.

Nobody knows the long term negative effect of injecting this Genetially Modified Virus into your body. I see no need in chancing it.

E

Moves
27 Jun 21

One other thing, the probability of death is important because it determines if something is actually a medical emergency requiring the request to be vaccinated.

If the probability of death is as low as it is for anyone under 45, then there should be no request for the general public to be vaccinated. Only people who have immune issues should be vaccinated and even then only if they wish.

m

Moves
27 Jun 21

@eladar said
Exactly.

You have no actual support for your claims, such as drug addictions are the same as the covid pandemic. All you can do is state what you believe and try to change the subject when called out for being ignorant.
I don't need support. I just need to ridicule your claims.
I pop once in a while spend a few minutes making you guys look like idiots, check a couple of my chess games, and leave.
You guys seem to be in here all the time, looking for links to articles (usually useless).
It seems to be a full time job for you guys.
Do you play chess, btw ? 😛

E

Moves
27 Jun 21

@mghrn55
----I don't need support. I just need to ridicule your claims.

At least you are honest about your stupidity.