Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1407
    16 Feb '18 03:026 edits
    While the Trump supporters jump up and down, sniveling about Hillary Clinton,, trying keep the focus off the Mueller investigation, Robert Mueller is busy doing his job

    Rick Gates, former deputy campaign chairman may be the guy who brings the entire criminal operation down. Yesterday we got even more confirmation that Gates is cutting a deal with Robert Mueller. So why is he doing this, and how much damage can he do to Manafort and to Trump? As for his motivations, Rick Gates, who is facing eight felony charges of money laundering, plus conspiracy, and doesn’t want to spend the rest of his life in prison. How much damage can he do? A Lot!! Gates was with the Trump campaign longer than most of his other staffers, and knows plenty that the others don't. Rick Gates joins George Papadopoulos, and Mike Flynn as cooperating witnesses against the Trump administration. All of this raises 2 important questions:

    1. If the Muller investigation is simply a baseless witch hunt as Trump claims, then why are so many of his staffers pleading guilty to multiple crimes??

    2. If the Muller investigation is simply a baseless witch hunt as Trump claims, then why are so many of his staffers now testifying against the Trump administration? 😲

    This just in. Gates and Manafort are now also facing charges of income tax evasion. 😀


    Still think it's all fake news?


    https://www.breitbartunmasked.com/2018/02/01/rick-gates-flips-now-cooperating-with-mueller-attorneys-resign/

    https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/23/politics/rick-gates-new-attorney-mueller-russia-investigation/index.html
  2. Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Joined
    31 Jan '18
    Moves
    3456
    16 Feb '18 05:551 edit
    Originally posted by @mchill
    While the Trump supporters jump up and down, sniveling about Hillary Clinton,, trying keep the focus off the Mueller investigation, Robert Mueller is busy doing his job

    Rick Gates, former deputy campaign chairman may be the guy who brings the entire criminal operation down. Yesterday we got even more confirmation that Gates is cutting a deal with Robert M ...[text shortened]... /www.cnn.com/2018/01/23/politics/rick-gates-new-attorney-mueller-russia-investigation/index.html
    I think the witch hunt claim is based on the accusation that candidate Trump and/or his campaign colluded with the Russian government to throw the election to Trump.

    As far as I know (feel free to correct me if I’m wrong,) none of the charges against Trump staffers are related to that nor has any evidence been presented that the alleged collusion took place.

    Not saying staffers won’t be charged with collusion-related crimes in the future or evidence of collusion won’t come forward; just saying I don’t believe either has happened yet.
  3. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Joined
    03 Jun '17
    Moves
    19379
    16 Feb '18 06:10
    (1) How many times have we heard this before?

    (2) How many times have liberals here laughed at the conservatives for believing in some conspiracy while...

    This type of post continues to happen which likewise believes in a conspiracy.

    Don't hold your breath, hombre.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    17 Feb '18 14:06
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    I think the witch hunt claim is based on the accusation that candidate Trump and/or his campaign colluded with the Russian government to throw the election to Trump.

    As far as I know (feel free to correct me if I’m wrong,) none of the charges against Trump staffers are related to that nor has any evidence been presented that the alleged collusion took ...[text shortened]... r evidence of collusion won’t come forward; just saying I don’t believe either has happened yet.
    Three staffers (Papadopoulos, Flynn and Sessions) have been caught lying to the government about Russian contacts. Two were formally charged for it.

    The fact that three people have lied to protect Trump and/or themselves regarding Russian collusion means it's likely more people have lied about it. People lying to investigators, obviously, makes it much more difficult to bust Trump.

    If lack of evidence for collusion is by no means evidence it didn't happen. It could simply mean that there are enough dishonest people to impede the investigation.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    17 Feb '18 14:58
    Originally posted by @vivify
    Three staffers (Papadopoulos, Flynn and Sessions) have been caught lying to the government about Russian contacts. Two were formally charged for it.

    The fact that three people have lied to protect Trump and/or themselves regarding Russian collusion means it's likely more people have lied about it. People lying to investigators, obviously, makes it much ...[text shortened]... appen. It could simply mean that there are enough dishonest people to impede the investigation.
    Good God.
    The disconnect with people hoping against all hope on this topic is historical.
    It's one thing to make the suggestion that damning pieces of information have been discovered, but it's a different thing altogether to declare each and every time this is the big one, folks.
    We have it on good authority, people, the best authority, that here, with [fill in the blank source] this will be the thing that finally puts this whole ordeal to bed.
    Seriously.
    Those who bite on this have some kind of mental disease.
  6. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    17 Feb '18 15:04
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    Good God.
    The disconnect with people hoping against all hope on this topic is historical.
    It's one thing to make the suggestion that damning pieces of information have been discovered, but it's a different thing altogether to declare each and every time [b]this
    is the big one, folks.
    We have it on good authority, people, the best authority, ...[text shortened]... this whole ordeal to bed.
    Seriously.
    Those who bite on this have some kind of mental disease.[/b]
    Comet Pizza, on the other hand...
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    17 Feb '18 15:25
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    Good God.
    The disconnect with people hoping against all hope on this topic is historical.
    It's one thing to make the suggestion that damning pieces of information have been discovered, but it's a different thing altogether to declare each and every time [b]this
    is the big one, folks.
    We have it on good authority, people, the best authority, ...[text shortened]... this whole ordeal to bed.
    Seriously.
    Those who bite on this have some kind of mental disease.[/b]
    You mean like the Nunez memo?
  8. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    17 Feb '18 16:21
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Comet Pizza, on the other hand...
    Glad you brought it up.
    The difference between the two couldn't be more stark.
    MSM began their campaign almost immediately to dismiss any suspicion regarding the owner and shop, without a single bit of actual research into the bizarre activities of both.
    Every time the topic was raised by any of the traditional media outlets, the words "fake news" and "debunked" were employed.
    NOTHING was put out by MSM relative to the media postings of the owner or those associated with the shop, so who ever receives their information regarding the world saw nothing of the perversion.

    Not a big difference: it's a huge difference.

    In this case, MSM runs with EVERYTHING, with EVERY report which even smells like it might be dirt--- even hints of hints.
    In that case, MSM buried EVERYTHING, including EVERY item which would, indeed, expose those Satanic perverts for the pedophiles they are.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    2415
    17 Feb '18 16:402 edits
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    Good God.
    The disconnect with people hoping against all hope on this topic is historical.
    It's one thing to make the suggestion that damning pieces of information have been discovered, but it's a different thing altogether to declare each and every time [b]this
    is the big one, folks.
    We have it on good authority, people, the best authority, ...[text shortened]... this whole ordeal to bed.
    Seriously.
    Those who bite on this have some kind of mental disease.[/b]
    While I am prepared to assume Trump innocent until proven guilty, it all evokes an unpleasant sense of de ja vu, for those of a certain age group. Maybe some here are too young to associate anything with the names Haldeman, Ehrlichman, Mitchell, and Dean. This has nothing to do with whether I agree with Trump's policies or not; it's about power politics, plain and simple, and the temptations to which people are liable to succumb at the highest level. The title of John Dean's memoir pretty well summed it up: Blind Ambition. It is not a metal disease; it is caution, born of having been burned once before.

    While Trump himself may be honest, it reflects poorly on his leadership qualities not to recognise chicanery among his aids and advisors.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    17 Feb '18 19:10
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    While I am prepared to assume Trump innocent until proven guilty, it all evokes an unpleasant sense of de ja vu, for those of a certain age group. Maybe some here are too young to associate anything with the names Haldeman, Ehrlichman, Mitchell, and Dean. This has nothing to do with whether I agree with Trump's policies or not; it's about power politics, pl ...[text shortened]... lects poorly on his leadership qualities not to recognise chicanery among his aids and advisors.
    I would be inclined to agree, except for some aspects which are impossible to reconcile.

    Watergate was, for all intents and purposes, a direct mirror of what Obama's FBI (and who knows what other clandestine spook group) did in the run-up to the election.
    Namely, one side sought useful information about the other side for the express purpose of political benefit... illegally.
    The side which initiated the action lied, from underling to the king, bringing down the latter as a result.
    For lying.

    The mirror part of this lunacy is that the side which did the criminal activity is doing everything possible to make it appear as though the one against whom the criminal activity occurred... was somehow the one who committed a completely--- and wholly unsubstantiated--- different criminal activity.

    It is laughable beyond description, not only in contrast but in sheer obviousness.

    Makes one wonder about the sophistication of thinking by the American public.
    Well, it would make one wonder, but only until one realizes most of the citizenry quit listening to cesspool of propaganda like CNN quite some time ago.
  11. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    17 Feb '18 19:28
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    Glad you brought it up.
    The difference between the two couldn't be more stark.
    MSM began their campaign almost immediately to dismiss any suspicion regarding the owner and shop, without a single bit of actual research into the bizarre activities of both.
    Every time the topic was raised by any of the traditional media outlets, the words "fake new ...[text shortened]... uding EVERY item which would, indeed, expose those Satanic perverts for the pedophiles they are.
    ...and don't get me started about the MSM's role in pushing vaccines, the round Earth myth and Bigfoot.
  12. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    17 Feb '18 20:071 edit
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    I would be inclined to agree, except for some aspects which are impossible to reconcile.

    Watergate was, for all intents and purposes, a direct mirror of what Obama's FBI (and who knows what other clandestine spook group) did in the run-up to the election.
    Namely, one side sought useful information about the other side for the express purpose of polit ...[text shortened]... zes most of the citizenry quit listening to cesspool of propaganda like CNN quite some time ago.
    Freaky: It is laughable beyond description

    Yes, your crackpot description, believed in by a fair percentage of right wing buffoons, is "laughable beyond description".


    There has been zero credible evidence produced of any "criminal activity" as regards the FBI directed toward your "victim" i.e. Donald Trump's campaign. By contrast, there is abundant proof in the public record that high officials in that campaign met with Russians in an attempt to obtain damaging material against a political opponent, concealed those meetings and lied about them when questioned.
  13. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    17 Feb '18 20:08
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    While I am prepared to assume Trump innocent until proven guilty, it all evokes an unpleasant sense of de ja vu, for those of a certain age group. Maybe some here are too young to associate anything with the names Haldeman, Ehrlichman, Mitchell, and Dean. This has nothing to do with whether I agree with Trump's policies or not; it's about power politics, pl ...[text shortened]... lects poorly on his leadership qualities not to recognise chicanery among his aids and advisors.
    moonbus: While Trump himself may be honest

    LMAO!
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    2415
    17 Feb '18 21:38
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    moonbus: While Trump himself may be honest

    LMAO!
    Innocent until proven guilty. I await the result of Mueller’s investigation.
  15. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    17 Feb '18 21:41
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    Innocent until proven guilty. I await the result of Mueller’s investigation.
    Donald Trump admitted to collusion a long time ago. The only thing that's still in question is whether or not he committed a crime while doing so (of course he is known to have committed other, unrelated crimes).
Back to Top