Nobody mentioning US election results?

Nobody mentioning US election results?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
179d

Seemingly the Republicans took a bashing.
Yup. Looks like abortion is sucking the life out of them nationally…

Haha

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
179d

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/05/us/politics/biden-trump-2024-poll.html

Trump Leads in 5 Critical States as Voters Blast Biden, Times/Siena Poll Finds
Voters in battleground states said they trusted Donald J. Trump over President Biden on the economy, foreign policy and immigration, as Mr. Biden’s multiracial base shows signs of fraying.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
179d

@athousandyoung said
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/05/us/politics/biden-trump-2024-poll.html

Trump Leads in 5 Critical States as Voters Blast Biden, Times/Siena Poll Finds
Voters in battleground states said they trusted Donald J. Trump over President Biden on the economy, foreign policy and immigration, as Mr. Biden’s multiracial base shows signs of fraying.
Yes. But what happened on Tuesday?

The republicans took a bashing.
There seems to be a discrepency in what the polls are saying and how the parties are doing on the ground.

MB

Moves
179d

@shavixmir said

There seems to be a discrepency in what the polls are saying and how the parties are doing on the ground.
Which republicans? Give me several examples.

Sometimes it is because an individual politician took an extreme position on an issue. For example, Tudor Dixon did not lose to Whitmer because Dixon was pro life. It was because she took an extreme position on abortion. No exceptions. She valued the unborn fetus more than the life of the mother. Rape victims would have to give birth to their rapist's baby.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
179d

@metal-brain said
Which republicans? Give me several examples.

Sometimes it is because an individual politician took an extreme position on an issue. For example, Tudor Dixon did not lose to Whitmer because Dixon was pro life. It was because she took an extreme position on abortion. No exceptions. She valued the unborn fetus more than the life of the mother. Rape victims would have to give birth to their rapist's baby.
No. I will not give you examples.
Read the bloody news and it will tell you all about the local elections which were held on Tuesday.

Planet Rain

Moves
179d

@shavixmir said

I almost started a thread about this last night, but didn't really have the gumption.

But yes, Republicans got their asses rent asunder by a utility-pole-sized dildo on an "off year" election, which is something of a wonder. It appears that the GOP master plan to ban abortions and establish a perverted "V for Vendetta"-style theocracy is floundering to a degree that makes me ponder whether it wasn't a good thing, after all, that the Supreme Court overreached last year and struck down Roe v. Wade.

Ohio, a "red state," passed a ballot measure to enshrine abortion rights in the state constitution. Weed got legalized, too.

A Democratic governor in the shoes-optional state of Kentucky (you must pronounce it "Ken-TUCK-eh"​) won reelection on the strength of a campaign that bashed Republicans for their extremist abortion agenda. That's like a San Francisco gay man becoming king of Saudi Arabia based on a popular vote.

Meanwhile Democrats took over both houses of the Virginia state legislature, throwing dick-shrivelingly cold water on the Republican governor's fantasies of running for president on a hard-right agenda.

Here in Pennsylvania the Democrats picked up another seat on the state supreme court. It's 5 Democrats against 2 Republicans now, so Republican wet dreams of banning abortion in the state transmogrified into piss-soaked mattresses come morning.

All in all, a grand day.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
179d

@soothfast said
I almost started a thread about this last night, but didn't really have the gumption.

But yes, Republicans got their asses rent asunder by a utility-pole-sized dildo on an "off year" election, which is something of a wonder. It appears that the GOP master plan to ban abortions and establish a perverted "V for Vendetta"-style theocracy is floundering to a degree that mak ...[text shortened]... on in the state transmogrified into piss-soaked mattresses come morning.

All in all, a grand day.
How eloquently written. Like a poem to the heart!

MB

Moves
179d

@shavixmir said
No. I will not give you examples.
Read the bloody news and it will tell you all about the local elections which were held on Tuesday.
Local elections? Nobody cares about what political party locals are part of. And isn't it only about 5 states that had major elections the other day? You act as if this was some sort of referendum against republicans.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
179d

@metal-brain said
Local elections? Nobody cares about what political party locals are part of. And isn't it only about 5 states that had major elections the other day? You act as if this was some sort of referendum against republicans.
The polls seem to say one thing, yet people are voting very differently.

It seems like a majority of people really don't like this anti-abortion scam going on.

MB

Moves
179d

@soothfast said

But yes, Republicans got their asses rent asunder by a utility-pole-sized dildo on an "off year" election, which is something of a wonder. It appears that the GOP master plan to ban abortions and establish a perverted "V for Vendetta"-style theocracy is floundering to a degree that mak ...[text shortened]... on in the state transmogrified into piss-soaked mattresses come morning.

All in all, a grand day.
Is it because some republican women want the right to get abortions too? Not all republicans are anti choice.

MB

Moves
179d

@shavixmir said
The polls seem to say one thing, yet people are voting very differently.

It seems like a majority of people really don't like this anti-abortion scam going on.
It depends on how much choice is involved in abortions. Even many democrats are not for late term abortions. It all depends how pro life a candidate is. Even a republican woman is not crazy about being forced to have their rapist's baby.

There is no standard definition of "pro life". Do rapists have reproductive rights too?
Define pro life.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
179d

@metal-brain said
It depends on how much choice is involved in abortions. Even many democrats are not for late term abortions. It all depends how pro life a candidate is. Even a republican woman is not crazy about being forced to have their rapist's baby.

There is no standard definition of "pro life". Do rapists have reproductive rights too?
Define pro life.
There are many people on this forum, posting, I’d still have aborted if it was possible.

Woman’s body. Her bloody choice.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
179d

@soothfast said

All in all, a grand day.
Yeah the best thing to happen to the dems was trumps evangelical rapey judges crushing roe versus Wade
Unfortunately it’s the worst thing to happen to women in the US

MB

Moves
179d

@shavixmir said
There are many people on this forum, posting, I’d still have aborted if it was possible.

Woman’s body. Her bloody choice.
No, that is the definition of pro choice. I said pro life.
Does pro life mean force women to give birth to their rapist's baby?

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
179d

@metal-brain said
No, that is the definition of pro choice. I said pro life.
Does pro life mean force women to give birth to their rapist's baby?
The whole term pro-life is beyond me.

What they mean is that they think they know what’s best for women, because they read it in a fairytale.