Nobody mentioning US election results?

Nobody mentioning US election results?

Debates

Felis Australis

Australia

Moves
260d

I've never understood why prolifers love unhatched babies and ignore them as soon as they're born. Ask any orphanage which takes in unwanted babies how their carers feel.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
260d

I don't understand why republicans can't just leave the issue with women and let them decide over their own bodies.

"Oooohhh... it's not their own body..."

Yes. Yes it is.
If a woman decides to jump off a flat when pregnent, the foetus dies too.
Same in basically every situation... 'cause the little parasitical critter is inside her.

Leave it up to her. She knows what's best for her.

MB

Moves
260d
1 edit

@shavixmir said
The whole term pro-life is beyond me.

What they mean is that they think they know what’s best for women, because they read it in a fairytale.
No. They think unwanted babies can be adopted. They think adoption solves the problem. It is when the mother's life is in danger that I think the baby can be sacrificed. If the mother is to die so the fetus can live how can anyone call that pro life? It is net zero life.

So this is a question of does a fetus have an equal or greater right to live? I don't think so personally. Asking a pregnant woman to sacrifice her life for the fetus goes too far. That is too extreme and it is not even really pro life.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
260d
1 edit

@metal-brain said
No, that is the definition of pro choice. I said pro life.
Does pro life mean force women to give birth to their rapist's baby?
Take your "look at me, look at me" posts to the UFO thread.

If there isn't one, spend your time making one.

Just shut up here. This thread is about people being happy that a bunch of Republicans got their asses handed to them because of their penchant for making women second-class citizens.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
260d

@Metal-Brain
https://apnews.com/article/election-2023-highlights-868a21bf3537a0533ae3fd8007d07eef
I doubt you would even deign to look at this since you know everything Comrade.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
260d

@Metal-Brain
Why is it the actual woman wanting abortion is never considered, ONLY that poor innocent life form inside her. That plus when a prolife idiot wins out and the baby is taken to full term, once the infant is born, drop the woman like a hot potato and go on to the next victory. Why is that? I can tell you that one, because they don't give a rats ass about the actual mom who has to bear the burden of maybe a rape or incest, raise the baby of rape, it happened in our own family and we see the results every day.
Not only that the father was in jail and now is demanding full custody of the child and so she gets double jeopardy, having to deal with that besides the rape and raising the child of rape, but who cares about that, the bitch couldn't keep her legs closed........

Planet Rain

Moves
260d

@kevcvs57 said
Yeah the best thing to happen to the dems was trumps evangelical rapey judges crushing roe versus Wade
Unfortunately it’s the worst thing to happen to women in the US
You're right, of course.

Moves
260d

@shavixmir said
Seemingly the Republicans took a bashing.
Yup. Looks like abortion is sucking the life out of them nationally…

Haha
let me guess…voting machines flipping votes, judges extending hours 😳

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
259d

@mott-the-hoople said
let me guess…voting machines flipping votes, judges extending hours 😳
No. Most folk just don’t buy into your retarded megaverse of ignorance.

MB

Moves
259d

@sonhouse said
@Metal-Brain
Why is it the actual woman wanting abortion is never considered, ONLY that poor innocent life form inside her. That plus when a prolife idiot wins out and the baby is taken to full term, once the infant is born, drop the woman like a hot potato and go on to the next victory. Why is that? I can tell you that one, because they don't give a rats ass about the actu ...[text shortened]... raising the child of rape, but who cares about that, the bitch couldn't keep her legs closed........
You are claiming the all pro lifers are as extreme as Tudor Dixon. That is not true, which is exactly why I asked the definition of "pro life". Is a position that makes exceptions for rape and incest not pro life?

Also, what is wrong with giving birth to an unwanted child if there is a line of people wanting to adopt that child? Nobody said she had to raise her rapist's baby.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
259d

@metal-brain said
You are claiming the all pro lifers are as extreme as Tudor Dixon. That is not true, which is exactly why I asked the definition of "pro life". Is a position that makes exceptions for rape and incest not pro life?

Also, what is wrong with giving birth to an unwanted child if there is a line of people wanting to adopt that child? Nobody said she had to raise her rapist's baby.
Youngkin, Virginia's Republican Governor, had his candidates for the State Legislature run on a anti-abortion platform of a ban after 15 weeks with exceptions for rape, incest and life of the mother - a so-called "moderate" position.

They still.lost control.of the lower house and Democrats held on to the upper chamber.

MB

Moves
259d

@no1marauder said
Youngkin, Virginia's Republican Governor, had his candidates for the State Legislature run on a anti-abortion platform of a ban after 15 weeks with exceptions for rape, incest and life of the mother - a so-called "moderate" position.

They still.lost control.of the lower house and Democrats held on to the upper chamber.
But is that why he lost?

You once thought Whitmer beat Tudor Dixon because people in MI liked Whitmer's silly covid policies when we really hated them. It was really because of Tudor's extreme anti abortion stances. She would not allow any exceptions. That is why she lost.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
259d

@metal-brain said
But is that why he lost?

You once thought Whitmer beat Tudor Dixon because people in MI liked Whitmer's silly covid policies when we really hated them. It was really because of Tudor's extreme anti abortion stances. She would not allow any exceptions. That is why she lost.
That's your guesswork, not an analysis based on actual facts.

Whitmer won easily in a swing State during the tail end of the pandemic; if her policies were really as "hated" as you claim, she hardly would have rolled up a ten point margin.

MB

Moves
259d

@no1marauder said
That's your guesswork, not an analysis based on actual facts.

Whitmer won easily in a swing State during the tail end of the pandemic; if her policies were really as "hated" as you claim, she hardly would have rolled up a ten point margin.
Right back at you.

I live in Michigan. I think my opinion means more than yours. I saw the campaign ads tearing Dixon apart for her extreme anti abortion stance. Did you?

Dixon didn't have a chance. She was her own undoing.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
259d

@no1marauder said

“Moderate position on abortion”, like “moderate position on gun control”, is kind of an oxymoron in American politics. So many people view these as binary issues.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.