1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 05:061 edit
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    The president’s decision on Saturday to lend the power of his office to accusations against his predecessor of politically motivated wiretapping — without offering any proof — was remarkable, even for a leader who has repeatedly shown himself willing to make assertions that are false or based on dubious sources.

It would have been difficult for federal ...[text shortened]... any U.S. citizen.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/04/us/politics/trump-obama-tap-phones.html
    Assuming Trump can "prove" he was wire tapped by Obama, what should be done to Obama?

All Obama's lawyer has to do is appeal to the 9th circuit court and all will be well with the world.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 05:37
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Funny how this was your reaction to Trump when he said he'd win the election.

What Trump says is an automatic lie.
    If a default position on whether whatever Trump says is a lie and he offers no corroboration, isn't skepticism appropriate?
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 07:53
    Originally posted by JS357
    If a default position on whether whatever Trump says is a lie and he offers no corroboration, isn't skepticism appropriate?
    Don't be silly.
    Nothing Trump does should be questioned.

And I'm loving those blithering right-wingers soaking it all up.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 08:28
    One side is as truthful as the other, with slight edge to Trump.

Obama has been a known liar for most of his Presidency.
    I see. Obama said you could keep your insurance, therefore he tapped the phone of a man known for his pathological lying and subscribing to unsubstantiated conspiracy theories. That about covers your argument?
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 08:35
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I see. Obama said you could keep your insurance, therefore he tapped the phone of a man known for his pathological lying and subscribing to unsubstantiated conspiracy theories. That about covers your argument?
    It's enough, you communist, you!
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 12:361 edit
    The article, which lays out conservative radio personality Levin's claims, states: "The Obama administration sought, and eventually obtained, authorisation to eavesdrop on the Trump campaign."

Levin also suggested that former President Obama should be the subject of a congressional investigation in light of the claims.

The day before the billionaire’s shock election win, former Heat Street editor Louise Mensch reported US spooks had been granted a court warrant to monitor Trump Tower.
    Former Conservative MP Mensch reported that a "source within the intelligence community" had confirmed the story.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3009405/donald-trump-barack-obama-wires-tapped-trump-tower-election/

Ex-president denies, but NSA doesn't need FISA approval to wiretap

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/03/trump-sick-obama-had-my-phones-tapped-in-trump-tower/#HDswKtcEiBU1eYMk.99
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 13:39
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    The article, which lays out conservative radio personality Levin's claims, states: "The Obama administration sought, and eventually obtained, authorisation to eavesdrop on the Trump campaign."

Levin also suggested that former President Obama should be the subject of a congressional investigation in light of the claims.

The day before the billionair ...[text shortened]... ://www.wnd.com/2017/03/trump-sick-obama-had-my-phones-tapped-in-trump-tower/#HDswKtcEiBU1eYMk.99
    You really read a load of crap, don't you?
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 13:45
    Originally posted by JS357
    All I said is he might be telling the truth. Do you really have a problem with that?
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 13:461 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    No, it just means he is a known liar.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 16:12
    Sure, seeing as plausible and possible are pretty much the same thing.

plau·si·ble
    ˈplôzəb(ə)l/
    adjective
    (of an argument or statement) seeming reasonable or probable.
    "a plausible explanation"
    synonyms: credible, reasonable, believable, likely, feasible, tenable, possible, conceivable, imaginable; More
    (of a person) skilled at producing persuasive arguments, especially ones intended to deceive.
    But of course since Trumpf said it, it MUST be true. You are naive.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 16:22
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    But of course since Trumpf said it, it MUST be true. You are naive.
    Where did I say it must be true?

Will you apologize for misreprenting what I said? Or will you double down on your lie as if you are Obama?
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 20:58
    http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/322403-former-bush-ag-trump-right-that-there-was-surveillance
  13. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 21:56
    All I said is he might be telling the truth. Do you really have a problem with that?
    Yes, there plausibly were more people at Trump's inauguration than at any other previous President.
    Yes its very probable that the murder rate is the highest its been in 47 years.
    Yes its plausible that only 109 people out of hundreds of thousands of people were affected by the travel ban.
    Yes its possible that Trump had a massive landslide win in the electoral college, easily the best electoral win since Reagan.

As these statements show, Trump is very likely telling the truth, possibly in most occasions whenever plausibility has left the building......
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 21:59
    Originally posted by kmax87
    Yes, there plausibly were more people at Trump's inauguration than at any other previous President.
    Yes its very probable that the murder rate is the highest its been in 47 years.
    Yes its plausible that only 109 people out of hundreds of thousands of people were affected by the travel ban.
    Yes its possible that Trump had a massive landslide win in the elec ...[text shortened]... telling the truth, possibly in most occasions whenever plausibility has left the building......
    There you go Mr. Even Minded.

What did you think of the link I provided?
  15. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    05 Mar '17 22:23
    What did you think of the link I provided?
    More evidence that Trump lied.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree