Occupy Detroit...

Occupy Detroit...

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
14 Oct 11

...starts today. I'll be on my way downtown shortly to join the march to Grand Circus Park, which I guess we will be occupying. At least for a while. I'll try to not get pepper sprayed while there.

I urge everyone to take part and help 'occupy' whatever city you're from.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Oct 11

Originally posted by rwingett
...starts today. I'll be on my way downtown shortly to join the march to Grand Circus Park, which I guess we will be occupying. At least for a while. I'll try to not get pepper sprayed while there.

I intend to go out in a few hours and occupy a bar stool a few hundred feet from my State Capitol. Does that count?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
14 Oct 11

Originally posted by no1marauder
I intend to go out in a few hours and occupy a bar stool a few hundred feet from my State Capitol. Does that count?
Hey, somebody's got to occupy that spot. Maybe you could hum a few bars of The Internationale.

g

Pepperland

Moves
14 Oct 11

I wish you both good luck.

d

Moves
14 Oct 11

Are you planning on occupying your space until you have to go home for dinner?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
14 Oct 11

Thwack some stupid people with your shilleleagh so that the cops have to deal with it. They don't need more annoying minor stuff to deal with right now.

Moves
14 Oct 11

I plan to go out in an hour to see how slutty "it takes me 2 hours to get ready" looks 😏

Moves
15 Oct 11

Originally posted by Trev33
I plan to go out in an hour to see how slutty "it takes me 2 hours to get ready" looks 😏
Complete slut was the answer... i'm off to bed, all girls are nuts.

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
15 Oct 11

If your job were now in China, and you were sleeping in your car every night, I think you'd get off that bar stool and get more involved there no1marauder.

d

Moves
15 Oct 11

Originally posted by bill718
If your job were now in China, and you were sleeping in your car every night, I think you'd get off that bar stool and get more involved there no1marauder.
More than 35000 people starve to death every day. I'll bet they could give a damn about the housing market, or the unemployment rate.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
15 Oct 11

Originally posted by dryhump
More than 35000 people starve to death every day. I'll bet they could give a damn about the housing market, or the unemployment rate.
If I couldn't afford food I'd be pretty concerned about unemployment.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
15 Oct 11

There are lots of remote unoccupied lots in Detroit to "occupy". I hope the turds clean up after themselves.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
15 Oct 11

That will contribute more to the economy than the occupation of the occupationless. Have a Sam Adams Octoberfest.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
15 Oct 11

Originally posted by bill718
Or perhaps you'ld go out and get another job, instead of hanging out in the park.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
15 Oct 11

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
If I couldn't afford food I'd be pretty concerned about unemployment.
For many of those starving, it isn't about affording food. There isn't any available at any price.